“Nice surprise while getting an oil change.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Matt's House of Kabob

Matt's House of Kabob
15108 Frederick Road, Unit A, Rockville, MD (Formerly Friends Kabob)
301-444-4744
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 349 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Welcome to Matt's House of Kabob. At Matt's you will enjoy delicious international cuisine, served in a family friendly environment. Authentic food cooked daily, fresh tandoori bread baked in our traditional clay oven.
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Nice surprise while getting an oil change.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Hi TA Readers, this review strays from my regular writing of sultry dining pleasures to an oasis retreat right in my hometown. Friend Kabob is tucked away from the road at the intersection of 355 and Gude. Although I did not plane to dine with this most hospitable team it is truly my pleasure to have been drawn here while my car is serviced at Mr. Tire. I had the Friend Kabob platter of perfectly seasoned and cook chicken and beef on a bed of delicious saffron rice and fresh parsley, onion and grilled tomato. But what makes this place most special and memorable is the resturant area filled with live plants and fresh flowers on each table that make this cold February night seem like the dawn of spring. They also have nice TV's mounted with the best futbol...international playing; while you were tranquily serenaded by exotitic instrumental music . Although the restaurant is cafeteria style dining, your food is brought to each table with care and kindness that also makes me feel like a valued friend, not just a customer. Lets not even consider the value of the delicious food because I felt like I was cheating the resturant for the low cost quality, portion, service, and care that went into my dinner.

Thank you for the care and excellence you put into making your business great and making me a customer that will return soon.
Anita

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madeleine M, Owner at Matt's House of Kabob, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi Anita,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It 's so nice to hear such great comments. We are very grateful that you have chosen our restaurant and you had such a nice experience. We hope to see you soon.
Matt M

Rockville, Maryland
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

On several occasions, my family has enjoyed the salmon kabobs at this restaurant. The kebabs are always fresh & tender, and served with succulent rice and a small house salad. I enjoy this nice little restaurant very much. I recommend it highly to all who enjoy Mediterranean food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madeleine M, Owners sister at Matt's House of Kabob, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We would like to thank you for your pleasant review. We appreciate your visits and we're glad that you like our Salmon Kabob. It's always nice to hear that our guest's are coming back.

Thank you!
Madeleine M.
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Great lamb kabobs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Reasonably priced meal, especially considering how good it tasted. Matt, the proprietor, is a good host. The food is great, and plenty. Soup, salad, and a hearty lamb and rice platter! We will be back!