“Overlooked Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Canaan Valley, WV
“Overlooked Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We we were staying with friends In Rockville and wanted to take them out to dinner, wherever they suggested. They drove us to Biscotti in a tiny strip mall in Derwood and I had my doubts as to whether it would be any good. I was more than pleasantly surprised. Though small, from a seating standpoint, the food and service were both excellent, with the wait staff being attentive, but not overbearing. I would go there again in an instant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rockville, Maryland
“Tavole”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

With my wife and friends, we have been twice for dinner and the experience has been very good. The first time I have a "pollo lemone" and my wife tried the salmon. The second time it was the other way around. In both occasions we find the food to be first quality. As a dessert we tried tiramisu and bomba and we recommend them. Our friends agreed with us. The only minor inconvenience were the chairs, not extremely comfortable. The ratio price to quality of food is very reasonable and we have already sponsored the place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rockville, MD
“Good food; Good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a small neighborhood restaurant with good Italian food at reasonable prices. The staff is friendly but do not hover. Lunch prices.are usually around $8 or $9. The Caesar salad with chicken was very good. My friends enjoyed the Mahi-Mahi with vegetables.

I don't eat pasta so I can't comment on that mainstay of Italian restaurants but I think this restaurant is a real find.

No lunch on Saturday.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, MD, USA
“Great Sauce-Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have dined several times at Biscotti...a little hole in the wall that has the best Italian food in our area (including Derwood, Rockville, Olney etc.) . The soups are to die for especially the Lentil and Minestrone. Salads are generous. But the entrees are really well done with a very fine delicate sauce like no other in this area. The place is small and therefore quiet unlike places like Mama Lucia (in Olney where all the food is overdone and overpriced...and all is cooked in the same pot until veal scallopine tastes like spaghetti and meat balls). Biscotti has fine daily specials at very reasonable prices and we have found the service to be unparalleled

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“A great neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Our party of 6 had a very enjoyable dinner at Biscotti - a cozy and intimate restaurant. Being a Saturday night, I made reservations to be sure to get a table. The restaurant was full, but service friendly and efficient. We started with Calamari Fritti, crispy and not greasy and crostini with chunky tomato and mozzarella, rustic and flavorful. Everyone enjoyed their entrees, I loved my penne ala vodka with salmon, in a rich tomato cream sauce. Beer and wine, very reasonably priced. A great value and nice atmosphere will ensure that we will return.

• Visited December 2012