“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #213 of 345 restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Fusion, Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Maryland's Best New Restaurant award winner for 2013 and "Best Cocktails" award winner for 2014 as named by the Maryland Restaurant Association! Quench features artisan cocktails and modern American cuisine using local ingredients when possible, and served in snack, small and full-plate sizes. While eating, drinking and socializing at Quench, our guests experience the comfort of a neighborhood bar, mixed with amazing design elements, an attentive staff and incredible food prepared by our Chef (Ed Hardy, long-time sous Chef for Marcus Samuelsson) and cocktails. We have a dog-friendly patio -- the biggest and best patio in town -- and live music fills our room every Friday and Saturday night.
Potomac, MD
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had heard nice things about this restaurant and finally made it for lunch. Because the weather was beautiful, we opted on eat on the terrace. Lunch items were reasonably priced- sandwiches and salads were about $10 which included a side dish. The salads were fresh and the balsamic-maple syrup vinaigrette superb. Our favorites were the BLT (with avocado) and fried chicken on waffles. Finished off the meal with an amazing bread pudding with chocolate and whipped cream. I am still dreaming of that dessert. Aside from the great food, our server was incredibly welcoming, attentive and sweet. I will definitely come back for more!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

67% Recommend
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Cool Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a different restaurant for the area. It's a breath of fresh air. I went with friends for a late lunch/early dinner and we had a great time. The goat cheese dip was delicious, the wings and the quench burger were decent, the beignets were also ok - a little too hard kind of like big croutons. All in all - I had a good experience and I would go back!

The banana bread pudding was completely AMAZING!!!

The service was GREAT and very friendly and accommodating!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Raising The Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The evening began flying solo with a hankering for a laid-back, but polished ambiance, craft-cocktails, and something savory to nibble on. "Quench" was my first thought.

The staff here are wonderful, inviting, accommodating, and a staple in my list of reasons for return visits. Let me elaborate on the rest of my list...

-- AMBIANCE --
It's a versatile space that I've taken dates, family, groups of friends, and enjoy visiting on my own. The dim lighting, creative design, and bar/table/high-top seating mixture makes it a breeze to transition from dinner to drinks, evening to night, and content to extremely happy.

-- DRINKS --
For me this is the the stuff that makes the nectar sweet. I lived in Boston for 11 years and bartended there for 3. Moving to the suburbs was a tough transition in terms of nightlife, but Quench makes me feel right at home. The drinks are fantastic to say the least. They're of a New York/Boston caliber without the pretentiousness that sometimes accompanies quality. The bartenders are excellent at making recommendations so don't hesitate to ask for their thoughts.

They have a solid beer list, but the cocktails are my go-to drink when there. Favorites are the sadly seasonal "The Back Porch", but I also love a good "Honey Badger".

--FOOD--
Since seafood isn't the first think that comes to mind when I think "Quench" I was very impressed... but not surprised at how much I enjoyed the Ahi Tuna Tartar and the Pan-Seared Rockfish. Delicious. So satisfying.

Dessert was lots of fun (Do it, you know you want to). At this point in the evening I was chatting with the couple next to me and we ended up ordering a few things to share. I got a scoop of the homemade ice cream and had bites of their Cinnamon Roll and Pecan Toffee Doughnut. Two words to all of the above: "Yes. Please."

That's all for now. Hope to see you at Quench!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Good cocktails!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We found Quench courtesy of a Groupon. We paid $20 and could enjoy $40 in food and drink. Despite showing up at an off-time (around 2 pm) – too late for brunch and too early for dinner, we were graciously seated and offered a cocktail and snacks menu. I eventually had two of the tart yet refreshing Report Card Blues (Citrus Syrup, pina colada extract, 7up and a splash of cranberry). For starters we ordered pretzel bites (good) and mini corn dogs (dark brown and so inedible the coating fell off - we should have sent them back but didn't). DH had a burger and I had wings with the Guinness sauce on them. Both were good. Service was attentive so we tipped accordingly. We recently got an offer to purchase another Groupon. I asked DH if we wanted to go back. He said while fine, he didn’t see the need to go back. I probably would, but only for brunch or dinner when the offerings are more varied.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“It's like Manhattan in Rockville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Fantastic meal, inventive menu, superb service, satisfied patrons. We live in New York City, and this restaurant would fare well there. We felt like we got the quality of a fantastic Manhattan creative restaurant without the high price or pretentiousness. Must tries: Cherry Cola Baby Back Ribs and the cheese/crab fries and Guinness wings. Nicely decorated, interesting cocktail list and attentive, personable staff. And--the food came out lightening fast without sacrificing quality or warmth. If what you seek is a meal you'll immediately tell friends about, like we did, run---don't walk---to Quench to have your appetite and quest for an enjoyable evening satisfied!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant