“Noisy, small, tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #217 of 349 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Fusion, Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Maryland's Best New Restaurant award winner for 2013 and "Best Cocktails" award winner for 2014 as named by the Maryland Restaurant Association! Quench features artisan cocktails and modern American cuisine using local ingredients when possible, and served in snack, small and full-plate sizes. While eating, drinking and socializing at Quench, our guests experience the comfort of a neighborhood bar, mixed with amazing design elements, an attentive staff and incredible food prepared by our Chef (Ed Hardy, long-time sous Chef for Marcus Samuelsson) and cocktails. We have a dog-friendly patio -- the biggest and best patio in town -- and live music fills our room every Friday and Saturday night.
“Noisy, small, tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was very tasty. My husband and I shared an appetizer of goat cheese which was delicious. we then shared a plate of beef brisket and coleslaw, which were both very good. the restaurant is very small with only 10 tables and a bar area. It was very noisy and that would be my only complaint, if you went with a group of people.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great spot for a girls night out!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Quench is a perfect destination for a night out with the girls! The food is great and service has always been wonderful. Lots of great starters to share as well including the edemame hummus and my favorite, the corn fritters! I am a mixed drink kind of girl and Quench's cocktails are creative and delicious!! I love that the menu changes with the seasons and all the dishes and drinks reflect that in how fresh and current they are. We are planning our next GNO for Quench ASAP!!

• Visited January 2013
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is one of those TripAdvisor reviews that sent us to try this 8 month old restaurant a mile from our hotel. There were 3 in our party, we ordered the pork belly and goat cheese dip for starters, absolutely wonderful. So many of the descriptions sounded so good, Our entrees were the Mahi Mahi, Thai Mussels and NY Strip. We sampled all of them and again wonderful. The flavors entertained our palates and left us savoring the meal. We also shared a Beet/Arugula Salad and that was awesome too. I looked forward to the banana split bread pudding but decided there wasn't room tonight. Our next trip to Maryland will find us dining here once again. If you are anywhere near Rockville, this is a must dine restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Trendy neighborhood restaurant & bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I always have a great time whenever I go to Quench! It's not only trendy and sophisticated with its cool decor and fabulous food, but it's always warm and inviting. My favorite cocktail is the Falls Calling/Winters Fell. I'm hoping they keep it on the cocktail menu during the spring and summer as well! I'm a sucker for french fries, and they do not disappoint at Quench -- perfectly crispy plus the awesome curry ketchup. The menu is pretty broad, and my favorites are the ahi tuna and pork belly appetizers. They rock!

• Visited February 2013
Washington, DC
“A Montgomery County Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Can a gastro-pub be a destination restaurant? It can when you live in the chain restaurant wasteland that is Montgomery County and when the pub in question offers quality craft cocktails and beautifully, thoughtfully prepared food to go with them.

Last night was my first of what I expect to be many visits to Quench. The staff was warm and welcoming. The dining room is small, dominated by the center bar but the overall feeling is cozy and charming.

The bar is stocked with house-made infusions, purees and syrups providing for a variety of interesting, tasty cocktail options. I had a delicious French 76 made with a kumquat puree. Every drab, rainy Tuesday night needs bubbles, right?

Best dishes included the amazing braised pork belly mentioned in earlier reviews. This was a melt-in-your-mouth generous serving of pork that you must order if, like me, you worship at the alter of all things "oink". The goat cheese souffle dip was another favorite. I know it's counter intuitive to call a cheese dip "light", but this dip had an ethereal texture and a mild goat cheese flavor. Served with fresh apple slices and devilishly addictive crostini.

I'm looking forward to future visits when I plan to tackle the brunch menu and delve further into the entrees and desserts.

• Visited February 2013