“Huge restaurant with massive selection!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #186 of 346 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Chinese
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Huge restaurant with massive selection!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Tyson's is a establishment with a huge dining room and massive selection of food. There are five stations: one has soup, one has dim sum/dumplings, the large one in the center has cold items such as salad, sushi, fruit, and cold seafood. Then there are two stations with hot entrees on the right. The drinks and ice cream dispenser are by the back wall. The restrooms are decent and the prices are cheap compared to Hawaii restaurants.

Now, for those people complaining about poor service: this is a buffet restaurant. If you want five-star white glove service, you are in the wrong place. The wait staff are mostly there to operate the register, show you to a table, and take away your empty dishes. You also are barking up the wrong tree if you want to use their restroom but don't bother to actually eat the food!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Indore, India
“Worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We went to the tysons buffet with our Chinese group. Almost whole of our group was eating at this place. However, we only wanted to use the washroom at the place since we didn't want to eat any Chinese food. But the manager of the place was extremely rude and didn't even let us in. It was only after our tour guide interfered that he let us in. I have never in my life experienced such a bad treatment from the MANAGER of a place. Such behaviour is not expected at a restaurant. It was a highly disappointing experience just to enter the place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Don't go there, they're all for $$$ report them!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The government needs to do something about this place. They charge at high price with low quality of food. They avoid putting up the price and charge whatever they want! I came here because I was forced by the Chinese tour company. They thought we were just regular customers at first and said $16.95 for credit card, a minute later when they realized we were with the tour, they charged us $18 for credit card and $16 for cash! By doing this for all the tourists, they're avoiding the credit card processing fee and business tax since the tourists have to pay in cash! It's not worth the money to try those food! I'm Asian and have been to several buffets before, with this amount of money, we can get more than what Tysons offers! The place is packed because all of the tourists are forced to eat there, don't get fooled by the look! The service is the worst!The waitresses won't serve you that well (they don't clean out the dishes)! When I confronted the cashier about the $18 charge, he got so fussy and rude. I had to pay by cash because there is no other place to eat after a long travelling from NYC to DC!!! After all, Don't Eat There and Report This Place!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Be careful your sweet n sour chicken isn't a dead mouse!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went to this place and immediately noticed the bus loads of people that must be brought here by a Chinese your bus company. The good is nothing special, and forget about feeling welcome by any of the staff. They'll snatch your money out your hand and shuffle you off to your table where you may get asked what you would like to drink, but done expect a refill or even being asked if you want anything. The waitress or whatever their role was they weren't filling, came running up after us on our way out demanding a tip. Had she looked under all the dishes she wouldn't clear away as she was supposed to, maybe she would have seen the tip on the table.

It was the whole way about someone demanding a tip for doing absolutely nothing. I didn't even make me toon of the mouse I saw run across the floor before we left. A call to the health department did my speaking for me. "Tip, Tip, You give tip"!! Yeah, I got your tip to the health inspector, now she can pour water with attitude in some other glossed over dump!

Tip! Tip! U give tip! Jezacharistamightee! Fughedaboudit!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Laurel, Maryland
“Never coming back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I decided to try this place after one of my co workers told me how good it was (yeah right) this buffet is all about the decor , there are like 50 different dishes that I never ever heard before and for 3 of us I ended up paying 60 bucks !!! That was crazy . I rather go to blue pearl and have food that I know what is made of and I'm familiar with the names . At the end I ended up eating chicken nuggets and fries and I bit of some noddles . For 60 bucks please !!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Food