“Dee-lish.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Schagen
“Dee-lish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Don't mind the outside and don't even try to understand the inside. It is very modern European- styled with jazz-music (!) Never heard that in a Thai restaurant, but I thought it was refreshing. And it shows character to not do what others do.
Service was great; we were sat immediatley and received our food in about 20 minutes. Waiter was soft-spoken but very attentive and there when we needed him :-)
What I think is most important of all: The food.
They have a mean (read: great) green curry and a choice of vegetarian dishes. My veggie green Thai curry went staight into my top 3. My non-vegetarian partner had a red curry that he was very happy with.
Very delicious and inexpensive meal!

• Visited June 2013

100% Recommend
Germantown, Maryland
“Best Thai in Rockville, Love the Larb Gai Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is very spicy so not for the faint of stomach. The Kee Mao or Drunken Noodles are also my all time favorites and recommend both to anyone. I think the food here is 10 times better than the overpriced Thai Pavilion in the Rockville Town Center. I at the same things at both places within days of each other and there was a significant difference in the quality of the food at Thai Cuisine. I look forward to trying more dishes in the near future. Everyone in my office who has tried their food keeps going back for there carryout, lunch or dinner. They all love it. The only problem is the parking. It gets a little tight at lunch time as the Thai Cuisine is next to a couple of restaurants and the parking is insufficient for such a good restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Washington, DC
“A real "find"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As most DC area foodies will attest, Thai food (and Vietnamese!) seems to be going downhill the way Chinese did 10-15 years ago. There is less and less decent Thai food available. My wife and I love Thai, but we have been searching for years for a good Thai restaurant. Places like Tara Thai have long ago slipped from their high perch, and lost our support.

So when we were "up county" the other day and needed to find a quick place to eat, we were shocked to find -- quite by accident -- a fabulous Thai restaurant! We were amazed that this place we had never heard of or even thought to visit is the best Thai food that either of us has ever had in the DC area! And the prices are good, the service great, the decoration nicer than most Asian restaurants. It's the whole package.

We could not give a restaurant a stronger rating than we give Thai Cuisine.

• Visited November 2012
West Union, South Carolina
“Go for the superb food, not for the decor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Thai Cuisine is in a small strip mall in a part of the city that is obviously heavily populated with Asians. It is not much to look at, but Lordy is the food outstanding! My wife and I found the one review about Thai Cuisine that was on Trip Advisor to be convincing enough for us to give it a try. Gayle had Tom Kha, which was a chicken, lemon grass and coconut soup for a starter, I sampled it a few times. It was the best either of us has ever tasted. My Spring Rolls were also exceptionally good. For the main course, Gayle had a Thai beef salad, and I had Boat Noodle Soup at the recommendation of the Waitress. The salad was very good, but the Boat Noodle Soup was a deliciously spicy blend of beef, noodles, Chinese broccoli, scallions, sprouts, cilantro and concentrated beef broth that was out of this world good. For dessert we shared an order of fresh mango with warm sweet sticky rice, which was also a wonderful blend of tastes and textures. Service was excellent. The whole bill including tax was under $32. The meal was a great value for the money. Go if you get a chance.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Best Thai food in Rockville by far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Let me start by saying that I am part Thai, I religiously make Thai food and this is the only place that I will go to without complaining about the quality of the food. Previously I would have to drive to Wheaton or Silver Spring to get decent Thai food.

• Visited November 2011