“Dirty rooms with ants and unclean kitchen” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2621 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Gaithersburg-Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
“Dirty rooms with ants and unclean kitchen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Staff was unfriendly, not helpful and didnt smile and was uninviting... It was also unclean and smelled old and damp in the room. Checked out 3 weeks early from a 4 week scheduled stay. Would never stay here again and sadly had to move into a higher priced hotel as this was not up to even average standards

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations and that our staff did not make you feel at home. We will work with our housekeeping staff to make sure our hotel is being cleaned to our standards. We will also retrain our staff with an emphasis on quality customer service.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel has:

BEDBUGS
Useless and unpolite staff
No housekeeping

I was shocked about how they handled the fact that we found bedbugs in our room, didn't seem to care at all. Not even an apology, and they had a hard time understanding that we wanted to change room.

STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are very sorry that our staff was not helpful and that you feared your room had bugs. We had an exterminator out to our rooms and they could find no evidence of bed bugs in your room. However, that does not excuse the poor service we provided you. We will be retraining our staff to ensure we are providing our guests with superior service. In the future, we are confident that our staff will show our guests that we care about their comfort above all.

Thank you again for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at gai@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Do not stay here! Ever. Ever. Ever. Dingy. Smelly. Scary.

Looks like it was built in the 70s and hasn't been cleaned since. Holes in the ceiling, where at some point, safety features may have been, but have long since been stolen. Still working on getting the stench of the place out of my nose.

Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Muncy, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place looks OK from the outside, but once in our room I got a yucky feeling about it. We planned on eating supper in the room, but the kitchen was not stocked with enough necessary supplies for my family to be able to eat, and I found a long dark hair on the counter. To top it off, there was no garbage can in the bathroom. Only one labeled "recycle" underneath the kitchen sink. And no soap, shampoo, or conditioners either.
Next, we called down for a crib for our daughter and were told they don't have any at the hotel! So, I had to figure out what to do with her, and ended up awake with her from 3am-5am in the lobby so I didn't wake up my son and husband.
The bed is located directly next to the heater, and every time the darn thing clicked on, it blasted my back with cold air before finally heating up. Normally I wouldn't complain about such a silly thing, but it just added to the disappointments of the hotel.
Finally, the "free breakfast" was nothing more than granola bars, muffins, and coffee. No juice, or even water for that matter. Add $30 to go get an actual breakfast elsewhere, and you may have just paid for a nicer hotel.
I will never stay at this hotel again on my travels to DC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I apologize that your kitchen was not fully stocked when you arrived. As well, I apologize that we did not have a crib available for your daughter. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please know that toiletries are available upon request at the front desk. Lastly, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Loganville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My room was nice and the staff were friendly but not very engaging. It snowed some and the parking lot was cleared by morning, good job. It's in a nice area with shopping and restaurants close by. Due to renovation I had to walk through a construction area to do my laundry and felt like I was in their way. Before staying here again I would shop others, and would let pricing decide. Nothing special to draw me back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Chris - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback regarding our renovation process is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, mmendoza@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed for ten nights. The towels and sheets have not been changed, the refrigerator died and spoiled $40 of food. There were 5 hangers in the room for a 30 day stay. The front desk staff keep promising to fix all of this but do nothing.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please contact me directly at, gai@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Simon was an awesome host. He greeted us with a friendly smile upon checking us in and did everything he could to make sure we enjoyed our time in D.C. The rooms have plenty of space, and the value is unbeatable. The excellent service just tops it all off. We would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff, especially Simon, during your visit. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to him. As well, I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a spacious room at an affordable rate. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.