“Under renovation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2621 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Gaithersburg-Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Loganville, Georgia
“Under renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My room was nice and the staff were friendly but not very engaging. It snowed some and the parking lot was cleared by morning, good job. It's in a nice area with shopping and restaurants close by. Due to renovation I had to walk through a construction area to do my laundry and felt like I was in their way. Before staying here again I would shop others, and would let pricing decide. Nothing special to draw me back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Chris - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback regarding our renovation process is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, mmendoza@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed for ten nights. The towels and sheets have not been changed, the refrigerator died and spoiled $40 of food. There were 5 hangers in the room for a 30 day stay. The front desk staff keep promising to fix all of this but do nothing.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please contact me directly at, gai@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Simon was an awesome host. He greeted us with a friendly smile upon checking us in and did everything he could to make sure we enjoyed our time in D.C. The rooms have plenty of space, and the value is unbeatable. The excellent service just tops it all off. We would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff, especially Simon, during your visit. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to him. As well, I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a spacious room at an affordable rate. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a very nice hotel and the guest services is wonderful. The front desk staff provided exceptional service and were very accommodating. The only reason I did not give the hotel the highest rating is because the hotel did not have a fitness center. This would have been perfect. Other than that, the hotel is excellent!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Melody – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the great customer service provided by our staff. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had to put up for a day and night due to some work being done in our house. That included two pets (cat and dog) and an early checkin.

Extended Stay in Rockville was able to meet our needs. We needed a one bedroom suite, that allows for pets nearby our house so we could go back and forth if needed. The room was large, and it was recently given a facelift.

But I wouldn't call it "renovated". Its old. The carpet was fresh, the bed linens clean (but cheap). New TVs with good selection of channels. But the fan comes roaring to life when the heat comes on. The toilet is almost a little scary with its force. Old light switches, cheap desk chairs (can't work there for long).

So, that describes 4 stars considering its reasonably priced. I (generously only) deducted one star because it was FREEZING in the bedroom, no matter how high I turned the heat. At one point I had it up to 78, and the bedroom was still cold. The blankets where completely inadequate, and only after bundling up in some sweat clothes was I finally able to get some sleep.

The price was ok for the area. The staff was nice. The "grab-and-go" breakfast is a festival of carbohydrates, but is probably adequate for a day or two.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your stay. Still, I am sorry to hear that your blankets, linens and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize that you experienced some issues with your heat. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure that these issues don’t occur in the future. We hope you give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Ronan, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The layout of the room is very good. As mentioned on a previous review, the channels available on the is not great. I wouldn't even say good!

But the worst thing is it wasn't very clean. I have no idea why staff and management can walk past certain things. For example, there has been an after-dinner mint and wrappers on the stairwell landing for 4 days now. Two days ago they were taking out the garbage and they could have taken care of it at that time! There is no excuse for this!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Close to the Business Buildings at Key West Avenue, within walking distance (10 minutes)
Walking accessible to Rio Shopping and Dining Area (20 minutes)

The hotel environment and room are clean.

Grab and Go breakfast with coffee/water, chocolate and different types of oatmeal, fruits, muffin pack, and snack bar.

Strong water for the showering, hot water is available quickly from the shower.

Not much other facilities, like swimming pool and gym.

Room Tip: Ground floor, the air is cleaner.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville? Share your experiences!