“WORST hotel I ever stayed in!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2621 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Gaithersburg-Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“WORST hotel I ever stayed in!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Here is why:

*The person who took my reservation in Deloris, screwed up my email so I never got my confirmation. Everytime I called, she acted annoyed and promised to email it to a correct address later. Third time the charm, bunch of worthless idiots.

*When we tried to check in, Deborah, was on the phone, ignoring us, we had to wait 10mins before she put the phone down and checked us in. And yes the phone was personal, she was talking to someone about her kids. She never looked up to smile and to let us know she would be available soon. This is what happens when you hire people from the street.

*The corridors are old, dark and musty smelling. I could always smell weed on my floor. Staff didn't seem to care.

*Rooms are pretty small and not updated. The first room's thermostat didn't work, we had to get a new room.

*Not enough cooking utensils, plates, glasses or cups. How they expect people to cook in a suite with kitchen, when they don't even have pots or sauce pan to cook with?!?! Also, why advertise it?

*Staffs are unprofessionals and street. Our Pur filter (which by the way had a blinking red light, makes you wonder when or if ever the filter was changed?!?!) kept coming off due to the inner ring wearing off, the front desk person, Debra, just ignored our request. Great customer service indeed!

*Someone from ESA contacted me, apologized and offered me a free one night stay. I told them to keep it, ESA's brandname was tarnished I would never stay here and ofcourse won't my fellow travelers to suffer. So TripAdvisor community STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Don't even bother, dish out the extra $100 a night to live in the Homestead or Marriott across t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The guest service issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I would like to invite you back to stay at the hotel for a free one night stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jireland@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed, i've been here for 10 months now for the second time, and the staff is well trained and courteous.
I will definitely recommend this place.
The area is very quiet and there is plenty of place to go, transportation is readily available and also is very secured

Room Tip: Rooms are better at the end of the building
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you think our hotel is one of the best hotels which you have every stayed at. . Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This location is for anyone who really wants to have a 'home-type' feel while you're away from home - short or long term. The management and staff work diligently to ensure a quality stay which we greatly appreciate!

The outside property is beautifully maintained, the rooms are clean and well kept. A major plus is a kitchen at your disposal. On the minor things we've needed the maintenance staff, they've come quickly and made sure everything is working correctly.

Also, good range of TV channels, especially for sports, foodie and HGTV fans.

Room Tip: If you want to take advantage of the continental breakfast daily stay near the front.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the feeling about our hotel being a home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Denton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Homestead Studio Suites in Rockville, Maryland on Memorial Day weekend. When we arrived at 2:40PM the rooms had not been inspected by the desk manager. She explained that we could not be allowed to check in until she had personally inspected the room. With that we were invited to wait in the conference room (which was air-conditioned). When she return, we were signed in at 3PM. I was in the lobby several times on Saturday and Sunday and it was very busy, however the staff were handling everything with a smile. On Monday morning when we were ready to check out I met the manager Mr. Norfleet Caudle, III who seemed very pleased that we had enjoyed our stay so much. I had business, but my wife did NOT want to leave the room it was so comfortable, so we ate in! A great location to consider when visiting Washington, DC - - right up the road and you can park right outside your room. Looking forward to an excuse to go back to Washington and stay over at Mr. Caudle's hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - Rockville. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The title says it all.
I've stayed at homestead several times over the last 2 years. I've also stayed in some other hotels in Rockville and Gaithersburg.
When the price is factored in, this place compares quite favorably to some of the much fancier ones. The things that I like: free parking, free internet, free basic breakfast. All of these things cost extra at, for instance, Hilton/Rockville.
Also nice are the refrigrators, powerful (although noisy) A/C. The TVs are being upgraded from ancient CRTs to LCD. Incidentally, the TVs are not locked down as in some other places and you can connect your computer to a TV with hdmi with no problems.

Areas that need improvements: rooms can be cleaner. The cleaning/housekeeping staff needs to be better supervised. Some furniture needs to be fixed. Blanket is torn. And so forth.

I will continue to stay here when I am in Rockville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review, about your experience at our hotel. I'm glad that our entire staff was able to meet your expectation. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sonoma, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here for about two weeks in late June/early July 2012. My biggest complaint/disappointment was with the lack of cooking utensils and silverware in the room when I arrived. It took many complaints to the front desk staff to begin to receive a reasonable complement of pots, pans, forks, knives, etc. It took four requests to get a can opener.
Just about every time I walked by the front desk there was another customer complaining that their room lacked pots, pans, utensils, soap, towels, etc.
This sort of property caters to long-term guests and offers / advertises a "fully stocked" kitchen. But, apparently you don't get that here unless you complain for several days. Very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - Rockville. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights during my visit to Maryland during the last 2 weeks.
The beds, bathrooms, kitchen and dining counter were average.
Found a lot of persons staying here for well over 1 month.
The hotel serves a breakfast during week days of Bagels, muffins and coffee.
Dont know why serve such food. Rarely had anything other than coffee here.
Many persons complained of high pricing. But, I got a good deal from a leading, bidding travel site.
The complimentary internet is horribly slow. We were provided with options to upgrade to faster internet at additional fees.
The room cleaning was done once a week. Additional cleaning will cost extra.
However, towels can be taken when we needed.
The location was perfect for my work at Rockville and visits to the DC area.
The Shady Grove shopping area is walking distance and provides options of Safeway, Starbucks, Panera, Chipotle and other stores.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We regret to hear that your overall experience was average. We pride ourselves on providing a superior level of service to all of our guests. However, we are glad that our property was located in a prime location for your travel needs.

We hope to have the opportunity to see you again here at our hotel and prove to you why we are the #1 extended lodging chain in the country.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville? Share your experiences!