“Look Elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2621 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Gaithersburg-Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Sonoma, California
“Look Elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here for about two weeks in late June/early July 2012. My biggest complaint/disappointment was with the lack of cooking utensils and silverware in the room when I arrived. It took many complaints to the front desk staff to begin to receive a reasonable complement of pots, pans, forks, knives, etc. It took four requests to get a can opener.
Just about every time I walked by the front desk there was another customer complaining that their room lacked pots, pans, utensils, soap, towels, etc.
This sort of property caters to long-term guests and offers / advertises a "fully stocked" kitchen. But, apparently you don't get that here unless you complain for several days. Very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - Rockville. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights during my visit to Maryland during the last 2 weeks.
The beds, bathrooms, kitchen and dining counter were average.
Found a lot of persons staying here for well over 1 month.
The hotel serves a breakfast during week days of Bagels, muffins and coffee.
Dont know why serve such food. Rarely had anything other than coffee here.
Many persons complained of high pricing. But, I got a good deal from a leading, bidding travel site.
The complimentary internet is horribly slow. We were provided with options to upgrade to faster internet at additional fees.
The room cleaning was done once a week. Additional cleaning will cost extra.
However, towels can be taken when we needed.
The location was perfect for my work at Rockville and visits to the DC area.
The Shady Grove shopping area is walking distance and provides options of Safeway, Starbucks, Panera, Chipotle and other stores.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We regret to hear that your overall experience was average. We pride ourselves on providing a superior level of service to all of our guests. However, we are glad that our property was located in a prime location for your travel needs.

We hope to have the opportunity to see you again here at our hotel and prove to you why we are the #1 extended lodging chain in the country.
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and I have been traveling for 9 months and got an excellent rate so extended for a total stay of 4 nights - with top secret rate of $45/night we didn't have an idea of conditions. We have a small RV and parking was easy and lot well lit. Office staff very helpful and room was clean and recently updated. Stocked with all needed cookware. Metro station about 1 1/2 miles away with ample parking. Breakfast was minimal but adequate: bagels, muffins, fruit and coffee. For the price our best deal of 9 months of travel!

Room Tip: Mistake made on first room as it was occupied but staff apologized and immediately upgraded room for...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Wayne,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - Rockville. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I arrived to a dark and poorly lit parking lot. The elevator smelled and the carpets were dirty and old. When I got into my room there was bunches of hair on the kitchen table and what looked like dry blood or rust in the bottom of the tub. I moved to another room to be greeted by a room with a bad smell and a bed with no mattress cover! A filthy stained mattress covered by a thin sheet... Oh boy! The staff was kind and accomodating but with dirty looking carpets, stained chairs, rusted fans, spotted remote and old fixtures this place is a dump... AND ...simply disgusting.

Room Tip: This place is horrible, never stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - Rockville. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife, 3y/o daughter, and I stayed her for 2 nights while we were in the process of moving. Since I was paying $310 for 2 nights, I assumed it would be somewhat of a decent stay. After checking in I walked into the room and first noticed how out dated everything was and dirty it smelled. I then noticed black hairs on the sheets and in the bathroom/shower. The shower head looked moldy and falling apart. I requested new sheets over the phone and was told to come down and pick them up in 5 minutes. Some kind of customer service that is! All night long they're was fighting and pounding from both above us and next door. Just looking at the clientel in the hallways, I could understand why. Not the most upstanding citizens while we were staying there. The last straw was when my wife walked to the front desk from the front entrance and asked for a key card to room 201. Without any questions they gave her one. I checked in by myself, so I know for a fact they didn't know what my wife looked like. There was barely any food for breakfast as well. Considering the area, and price, this was a huge dissapoinent and we will never stay with another Homestead Suites again!!! I suggest you do the same

• Stayed March 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 11, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Guilford, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The back door was blocked open by a trash can when we arrived. Some guest doors were also open into the hallway, which smelled bad. The smoke detector in our room was missing. In our son's room, there was a chlorofluorocarbon filter sitting on the sideboard. Our room, with a kitchenette, had no cookware. By evening, two police officers had arrived and staked out a room on the first floor, and before nightfall, more police officers had arrived and there were large groups of young man clustered around the yard, as well as a couple of scantily clad young women (one of whom was a guest who has kept her door open...have to wonder what sort of guests she was expecting). We did not spend the night. We got a refund and left, as we were very uncomfortable. Upon notifying corporate offices about the terrible conditions and evident criminal activity REPEATEDLY, we were offered a coupon to come stay again! No thank you!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, March 19, 2012

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for about 3 months on a work trip to Maryland. The room was clean and kitchen well equipped. We did have a frequent problem of fire alarm going off in some guest's room at night, but i guess its just the guest's responsibility to play it safe. Otherwise the staff was pleasant and helpful. The shared library and reading room is well stocked with nice books. I was travelling alone for work and safety was a important issue. I found my room safe and peaceful. Overall it was a pleasant stay except for few glitches such as sometimes the staff would miss informing me about the pick up car that had arrived for me, or missing wake up alarm calls. But overall the staff was helpful and concerned towards our comfort.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville? Share your experiences!