“Dirty and simply disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2621 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Gaithersburg-Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Chicago, Illinois
“Dirty and simply disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I arrived to a dark and poorly lit parking lot. The elevator smelled and the carpets were dirty and old. When I got into my room there was bunches of hair on the kitchen table and what looked like dry blood or rust in the bottom of the tub. I moved to another room to be greeted by a room with a bad smell and a bed with no mattress cover! A filthy stained mattress covered by a thin sheet... Oh boy! The staff was kind and accomodating but with dirty looking carpets, stained chairs, rusted fans, spotted remote and old fixtures this place is a dump... AND ...simply disgusting.

Room Tip: This place is horrible, never stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - Rockville. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife, 3y/o daughter, and I stayed her for 2 nights while we were in the process of moving. Since I was paying $310 for 2 nights, I assumed it would be somewhat of a decent stay. After checking in I walked into the room and first noticed how out dated everything was and dirty it smelled. I then noticed black hairs on the sheets and in the bathroom/shower. The shower head looked moldy and falling apart. I requested new sheets over the phone and was told to come down and pick them up in 5 minutes. Some kind of customer service that is! All night long they're was fighting and pounding from both above us and next door. Just looking at the clientel in the hallways, I could understand why. Not the most upstanding citizens while we were staying there. The last straw was when my wife walked to the front desk from the front entrance and asked for a key card to room 201. Without any questions they gave her one. I checked in by myself, so I know for a fact they didn't know what my wife looked like. There was barely any food for breakfast as well. Considering the area, and price, this was a huge dissapoinent and we will never stay with another Homestead Suites again!!! I suggest you do the same

• Stayed March 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, April 11, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Guilford, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The back door was blocked open by a trash can when we arrived. Some guest doors were also open into the hallway, which smelled bad. The smoke detector in our room was missing. In our son's room, there was a chlorofluorocarbon filter sitting on the sideboard. Our room, with a kitchenette, had no cookware. By evening, two police officers had arrived and staked out a room on the first floor, and before nightfall, more police officers had arrived and there were large groups of young man clustered around the yard, as well as a couple of scantily clad young women (one of whom was a guest who has kept her door open...have to wonder what sort of guests she was expecting). We did not spend the night. We got a refund and left, as we were very uncomfortable. Upon notifying corporate offices about the terrible conditions and evident criminal activity REPEATEDLY, we were offered a coupon to come stay again! No thank you!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - Rockville. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for about 3 months on a work trip to Maryland. The room was clean and kitchen well equipped. We did have a frequent problem of fire alarm going off in some guest's room at night, but i guess its just the guest's responsibility to play it safe. Otherwise the staff was pleasant and helpful. The shared library and reading room is well stocked with nice books. I was travelling alone for work and safety was a important issue. I found my room safe and peaceful. Overall it was a pleasant stay except for few glitches such as sometimes the staff would miss informing me about the pick up car that had arrived for me, or missing wake up alarm calls. But overall the staff was helpful and concerned towards our comfort.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I gather by chatting with other guests that many consider this hotel their second home. A walk through the parking lot reveals license plates from a good part of the lower 48. The confirmed 'extended stay' guests are used to the accommodations and tend to compare this place with other extended stay retreats rather than other hotels. I'm sure this has something to do with the ratings.

I was here for three week while a restoration service repaired my apartment after a lightening strike. My first surprise was that the kitchen was *not* completely furnished, but guests are allowed (encouraged) to bring the own kitchen wares with them. My studio suite seemed just right for one person, and I can honestly say -- even though my unit was quite comfortable -- an interior refurbishing would do no harm.

Since I never saw the same cleaning person twice during my 3 week stay -- I'm assuming the staff here has quite a turnover. Nevertheless, business is good -- on more than one night when I came in late, I had to circum-navigate the building looking for a parking spot

Anyway, as you can see from the attached photos, I made myself right at home.

Room Tip: It's quieter facing the rear parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for over a year and felt very safe and feel I got my moneys worth. I am a travel nurse and was looking for someplace safe and inexpensivs The staff was always very pleaseant. I was there for the 2 snow storms and 2 young men dug out my car....I paid them as it was under 3 ft of snow...but it was worth every penny. There was never any disruptions or loud parties and I worked day and night shifts. I woul definately recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

The reviews that I read about this hotel made me scared. but when I checked in the hotel it was a completely different situation. The front end staff was present all the time, he welcomed us as if they knew us from before. he was very professional and well mannered. It was saturday morning, although the check in time was 3 pm and we went there around 12pm but he was kind enough to let us check in, he took hardly 5 mins and we were done with the check in process.
Before entering the room I had a feeling that it would going to be horrible but when I walked in, the room was as if brand new. neat and clean carpet, neat kitchen, good size T.V, the bathroom was clean, everything seemed so nice.
I needed some extra packs of coffee as I love it, so I called the front desk. He listened to what I asked for and with in minutes, I heard a knock at my door and he was there with coffee. That was a very quick service. I am very satisfied with the hotel and really appreciate the staff services.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville? Share your experiences!