“Not for everybody.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2621 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20850 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Gaithersburg-Rockville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Rockville, Maryland
“Not for everybody.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I gather by chatting with other guests that many consider this hotel their second home. A walk through the parking lot reveals license plates from a good part of the lower 48. The confirmed 'extended stay' guests are used to the accommodations and tend to compare this place with other extended stay retreats rather than other hotels. I'm sure this has something to do with the ratings.

I was here for three week while a restoration service repaired my apartment after a lightening strike. My first surprise was that the kitchen was *not* completely furnished, but guests are allowed (encouraged) to bring the own kitchen wares with them. My studio suite seemed just right for one person, and I can honestly say -- even though my unit was quite comfortable -- an interior refurbishing would do no harm.

Since I never saw the same cleaning person twice during my 3 week stay -- I'm assuming the staff here has quite a turnover. Nevertheless, business is good -- on more than one night when I came in late, I had to circum-navigate the building looking for a parking spot

Anyway, as you can see from the attached photos, I made myself right at home.

Room Tip: It's quieter facing the rear parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for over a year and felt very safe and feel I got my moneys worth. I am a travel nurse and was looking for someplace safe and inexpensivs The staff was always very pleaseant. I was there for the 2 snow storms and 2 young men dug out my car....I paid them as it was under 3 ft of snow...but it was worth every penny. There was never any disruptions or loud parties and I worked day and night shifts. I woul definately recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

The reviews that I read about this hotel made me scared. but when I checked in the hotel it was a completely different situation. The front end staff was present all the time, he welcomed us as if they knew us from before. he was very professional and well mannered. It was saturday morning, although the check in time was 3 pm and we went there around 12pm but he was kind enough to let us check in, he took hardly 5 mins and we were done with the check in process.
Before entering the room I had a feeling that it would going to be horrible but when I walked in, the room was as if brand new. neat and clean carpet, neat kitchen, good size T.V, the bathroom was clean, everything seemed so nice.
I needed some extra packs of coffee as I love it, so I called the front desk. He listened to what I asked for and with in minutes, I heard a knock at my door and he was there with coffee. That was a very quick service. I am very satisfied with the hotel and really appreciate the staff services.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

room looked like a war zone--listenede to showers and cammods all night--fight at 3 a.m. in the hallway--slamming doors all night--staff rude--avoid this place unless ur desparate--

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

I can not complain about the Homestead Suites, the room was average. I must say that I found some hairs in the towels, I guess that's a recurring problem as I can read from other posts.

I never cooked at the room, but the pans seemed clean enough. Check-in/Check-out was pretty easy since it had been prepaid.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, well except someone really picky.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Newark, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

We chose to stay here for a 2 nights for post-operative rest. The room rate was about 150$. The room was clean on first glance. But then we noticed the pots and pans had detergent residue on them.We had to clean each to use it. The dish cloths were almost brown .And the bedsheet had a big hole in it. the floor carpet was vaccummed but browned. It just felt unclean. I am sure such hotels go through heavy traffic and usage but this is was unbearable for the price we paid. I would not chose to stay here again! The staff however is very nice and welcoming.

• Stayed November 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DcWatcher, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville, responded to this review, March 18, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - Rockville. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I had just stayed at a disgustingly bad Homestead Suites in Pennsylvania and dreaded this stay after reading the reviews of this property. However... the sign on the building said that the place had been renovated, and it was true. The place was clean, except for my desk chair which had some suspicious stains, and amazingly, everything in the room worked. I could not set a wake-up call since no one at the front desk answered my phone call at 11 PM, but that wasn't a real problem. This would not be my first choice in this area, but I could stay here again with real problem.

• Liked — Clean and good location
  • Disliked — No wake up service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville? Share your experiences!