“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Homewood Suites are pretty much the same anywhere, some older, some newer. This one was just fine. We were in a 1 King Bed room, non-smoking suite. Staff we encountered were helpful and personable.The breakfast area was set up differently than we had seen before but was nice. The location off Shady Grove Road worked well for us and there wee plenty of restaurants nearby. If you like Greek, have the hotel direct you to Cava, great mezzze. One con, the Shower head could use replacing. It didn't work very well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear wctrvlr,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville during your recent trip to the area. We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy that you found our staff to be helpful and personable, our breakfast to be nice, and our location to be convenient. It's great you were able to enjoy some of the local restaurants, Cava is definitely an awesome place! I'm sorry you had some issues with the shower head, and we will address immediately with our maintenance team. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Goodlettsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The staff went way beyond expectations to do everything they could do make our company's training go smoothly. We had every need and request met. The evening receptions were nice. The breakfast had enough variety that everyone could find something to enjoy. The rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Vickie L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent business trip to the area! It's great that your company selected our hotel for their hotel accommodations, and I'm very happy to hear that everything went smoothly. We always strive to accommodate every need or request, and I'm glad you and your colleagues enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and evening reception, and that you found our suites to be quiet, clean and comfortable. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We searched all over the DMV for our daughters 10th slumber birthday party. After about ten calls, I reached Sapna who was by far the friendliest and most helpful with planning the event. Upon arrival, Sapna was actually working that night. She graciously help me settle in and took the time to help me plan dinner for the girls..The party was like clock work...we used the pool for approximately two hours. The best thing about this place is the onsite life guard who reminds you of a childhood teacher or neighbor. She took no nonsense from the screaming girls - which I may say made it less stressful on me... Watching the girls from end to end was a breeze with her help. After we departed from the pool, the pizza delivery arrived like clock work... We watched movies on the DVD they provided & helped to set up for a nontechnical mom! Popcorn & cake/ice cream sundaes galore! The next day we enjoyed the breakfast buffet! The hit was the waffle maker. The girls loved preparing their own waffles...there was a bridal party staying there at the same time & other events, but not once did we feel inconvenienced... Bravo! Thinking of coming back for a stay without the kids- if we can find a deal! :-)

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Ssam612,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockvillr for your daughter's 10th Birthday! We really appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy that Sapna took great care of you. I'm glad to hear that our hotel worked well for your event, with our heated indoor pool with lifeguard supervision, complimentary DVD player for movies, and complimentary hot breakfast with a make-your-own waffle station. We are thrilled that our hotel helped in creating a great experience for you and your daughter, and we'd be happy to accommodate you again with our without the kids in the near future. Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Okemos, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our family had a great three night stay here over the past weekend. The rooms are roomy and inviting, the service is excellent, and the complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. Because we stayed on a weeknd the rates were quite reasonable. Very close to I-270, but not close enough where you hear the traffic.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello Rick B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy that you enjoyed our roomy and inviting suites, excellent service, delicious complimentary breafast, reasonable rates and convenient location. These are definitely a few of the many reasons our guest continue to come back, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

They got it right at this Homewood suites. My new "go to place" when in this area. I was warmly greeted by a professional and well trained front desk girl, the room was beautifully decorated and well kept, I was able to open the windows a few inches, the shower had glass doors not the cloth shower curtain, beds had nice linens and lots of pillows, the dinner and breakfast were fresh and better than most Homewood suites...this is a place you can spread out in for a short or long stay. Hilton garden inn and Homewood suites are attached and share the parking lot. I have stayed at HGI a few times as that is usually less expensive...but I like this Homewood suites better. There is not much in walking distance...you pretty much have to jump in your car for stores and restaurants but there is a small modern shopping plaza very close by. I disagree with a previous review about the bed being too firm...it was one of the best hotel beds I have slept on in a while....but you can't please everyone all the time with that. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Shersei,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville! I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, and that you found our front desk team to be warm and professional, room to be beautifully decorated and comfortable, beds to be comfy with our linens and many pillows, location to be convenient with a shopping center next door and easy access to restaurants/shops in the area, and complimentary breakfast and dinner to be fresh. It's also great to hear that you found our beds to be one of the best you've experienced. We greatly appreciate your recommendation, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was hotel #2 for my daughter and I this past week.

Hotel was clean, bathrooms were spacious, it had a kitchen, the parking in some spots was well lit...

Now my huge complaints... The bed was so hard that I hardly slept and would dread going to bed at night. After 4 nights of sleeping on their bed I was in such pain it was ridiculous. The a/c is not strong enough to cool this room. All of the other Hilton Homewood Suites I've stayed at have had 2 a/c units in the larger rooms.. plus that lovely energy saver that shuts your a/c off when there isn't movement..we were dying at night.

This morning we went and had the complimentary buffet.. To each their own, but I was not impressed at all. Yesterday my daughter and I sat with some friends who were staying next door at the other Hilton (that's hooked to this one). While they had their breakfast... They said their beds were very comfortable.. We opted to wait on breakfast because I didn't was to pay over $11 per person.. However everything they came to the table with looked pretty good.. I guess it's a toss up with which place to stay at.. One with a kitchen or one without..other than that I actually would redo the trip and pick the stay without a kitchen for a comfortable bed.

I was upset that the guy at the front desk who checked me in told me the a/c would not cut off in the middle night, because I had complained to him about my experience at the Courtyard Marriott (he was the one who recommended the hotel)..

We also had some issues checking in..he told me the travel agent that my daughter's lacrosse was with canceled our room the night before, after addressing it with the travel agent they even told me they had my reservation set for the night before and they shouldn't have canceled the reservation for that night.

I really was not impressed with this Hilton Homewood Suites..and a good bit disappointed with the entire stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Nicole H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be clean, rooms to be spacious and parking lot well lit. However, I'm sorry that you found our beds to be hard, causing pain and little sleep. We strive to ensure that our guests enjoy maximum comfort, and I'm sorry that we failed to provide that for you and your daughter. I apologize that our A/C units did not cool the room properly, and that our HVAC system functionality did not help with your already uncomfortable sleep at night. Our system is designed to provide each guest with their desired temperature, and I'm sorry that we failed to deliver the comfort that our guests expect and deserve. I do appreciate your feedback, and we will certainly address this issue in your suite to ensure it is resolved. I'm sorry to hear that you were not impressed with our complimentary breakfast and that you experienced issues upon arrival. We are committed to providing an exceptional overall experience to all of our guests, and I'm sorry that we failed to do provide that experience for you and your daughter. Your feedback is important, and I appreciate your input as it will certainly help us to improve. I hope you will give us another try if you are traveling to the area in the future, and allow us the opportunity to impress you. Thank you.

Kane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend. This motel is an awesome place. The staff was excellent... helpful and friendly.

We had a King Suite w/sleeper sofa for the teens. It was clean and very nice. Slept good. The kitchenette was nice to have and we used the microwave and the full size fridge.

Free Wi-Fi with no trouble connecting.... it was not slow!!

We were on the 5th floor and had no problems at all getting an elevator (and they were booked full for the weekend).. i think the longest wait we had was maybe 2 minutes. Checked out the pool area but never went in.... it was nice and there was a life guard on duty.

The breakfast buffet was good and it was kept stocked up. Dining area staff did great job keeping tables clean and available.

The shuttle bus driver, Jason was great. He was very personable and enjoyed the ride to the Metro with him. Also, shuttle bus driver, DJ was very nice.... extremely polite young man.

This motel will become my "go to" stay when in D.C. area. It is near the last stop on the Metro (Shady Grove/Red Line) and nice to be away from the major hustle bustle of D.C.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rosiecatt,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville during your recent trip to the area for the Memorial Day Weekend! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, and found our staff to be excellent, suite to be clean, very nice and functionable, complimentary high-speed internet to be fast, elevators to be quick, location to be convenient to D.C. (while avoiding the hustle!) and complimentary breakfast to be good and well-stocked. These are some of the great reasons why our guests continue to come back! Also, I appreciate your recognition of Jason and DJ. Both are assets to our team, and they will certainly be recognized amongst our staff. We are very happy to have become your "go-to" for accommodations in the D.C. area, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thanks again, and have a great day!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!