“A Short Metro Ride into DC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Liberty, United States
“A Short Metro Ride into DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a quality hotel that is only a short shuttle/metro ride into D.C. Worth a look for those who are budget minded and travelling with family. Also within walking distance to a grocery/strip mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello Jeffrey D,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville for your recent trip to the D.C. area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel and convenient location to shopping and the Metro with easy access to downtown. Thanks again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming back you and your family soon!

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Upstate New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel a year ago and we knew we wanted to stay here again if we were in the area. The day before our stay I received a call asking if we wished an upgrade to a two room suite. So for the same price of one room we now had two huge rooms and two kitchens. We were very pleased with the upgrade and we wished we were able to stay longer. The clerk remembered us from our stay a year ago, we wonder if that is good or bad that we were that memorable. We had to leave early in the morning so we did not get to enjoy the breakfast. We did visit the pool and hot tub. We were very comfortable during our one night stay and we would love to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear KB231blue,

Thank you for choosing to return to the Homewood Suites Rockville during your recent visit to the area! We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you had another enjoyable experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon, and hopefully you can enjoy our hotel a little longer next time! Thanks again, and have a great day!

Locust Grove, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is night 2 of 2 at Homewood Suites, Rockville-Gaithersburg. We are staying here for a few nights for our daughter's wedding. We arrived at 7PM on Thursday, Oct.18. I was greeted with a smile by a very nice young lady (I don't remember her name), who handed me the keys and gave me all the instructions about the pool, breakfast, and dinner. As I was checking in, my wife and kids took everything up to the room. (Cautionary note: This hotel has very neat energy saving devices in each room. You have to put your key into the device upon entering the room, and leave it there, in order to supply continuous power to the room. It's a great feature, but make sure you don't get any electronics close to the device, or it will erase them.) Once we got everything in the room, we had to head back downstairs immediately, in order to meet everyone for dinner. It was at this point that I discovered our keys were no longer working in the door. I quickly stopped by the front desk, and Raquel contacted Jaime, who met me within two minutes and solved the issue with the door (batteries).

On Friday, I decided to bring up an issue another issue we had found with the room. The switch for the fireplace had come loose from the wall, and was making a loud noise whenever I clicked one of the buttons. A quick visit to Sapna at the front desk resulted in another call to Jaime, who escorted me back to the room, and checked the swith out with me. He confirmed the noise, but also made sure the fireplace was working. While we were at the pool, he reattached the switch to the wall, and got rid of the noise (don't know if he replaced the switch or not!).

After the pool, I stopped by the front desk to see Sapna again, and asked for more towels, and shampoo. I ended up meeting Leizel in the elevator, who went straight to the closet and retrieved, not just the towels and shampoo, but conditioner as well, thus reading my wife's mind which, apparently I failed to do! 8^)

I give many kudos to this great staff (Jaime, Leizel, Raquel, and Sapna) for being so quickly, and professionally accomodating to our needs. I forget the name of the young lady that checked us in on Thursday, evening, Oct. 18, but she was great, too!

BTW, The breakfast buffet was delicious, even though we had to eat quickly and hurry out the door to prepare for the wedding. I just have some kind of hot food on my breakfast buffet, and this one had pre-prepared cheese omelets, and breakfast potatoes, as well as waffles, oatmeal, and several cold offerings. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear busydad62,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg! I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experiences, and though you encountered a few issues during your stay, I'm glad that our team acted quickly to ensure they were resolved in timely, and friendly fashion. Also, I greatly appreciate your recognition of the team members you interacted with throughout your time with us. What great feedback to share with our entire team to recognize their effort and care! Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Killingly, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was a true gem on the outskirts of DC. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comforting. The breakfasts were great, the staff extremely helpful and pleasant, and the lobby was quite inviting. We enjoyed a leisurely weekend here, spending time with family, and sometimes using the great lobby to visit. Staff was always looking to make the stay a little more enjoyable by making sure there was nothing more that we needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Bruce P,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites in Rockville, and we greatly appreciate your feedback! I'm glad that you enjoyed our spacious, clean suites, complimentary hot breakfast, and inviting lobby, a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return! Also, we appreciate your recognition of our helpful staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting family in the area!

Baltimore, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice hotel, the complimentary breakfast is excellent! It includes bacon, eggs, waffles, toast, and fruit! Its hot and fresh. The rooms are nice and clean. The kitchen in the room is perfect for eating in! NO problems with the internet usage. Only issue, make sure you know what you are paying for prior to your arrival!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Kevin T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg! I'm very happy happy to hear that enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast, clean rooms with full kitchen and complimentary high-speed internet. Thank you for considering us your home away from home, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed in some top end hotels, but the treatment at this location cannot be beat. The rooms are spotless and comfortable, the staff is genuinely concerned about your happiness. I am new to this brand and will look for it in the future. The only disadvantage is the distance from the metro. They provide a shuttle, but it is not always available when you desire.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville! I'm very happy that our team took such great care of you and that you enjoyed our comfortable, clean suites. I apologize for our shuttle availability, but please feel free to contact us prior to your next arrival to ensure we can arrange your preferred shuttle times. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Our 2nd stay here in a few months. We really can't fault any aspect of the stay. The one king bed suite was in excellent condition, and very spacious. The buffet breakfast is fine and plentiful. We weren't around for the midweek dinner. However, the staff make the hotel standout, from reception to the courtesy bus driver - nothing was too much trouble. The hotel manages to combine a very efficient operation along with a very obvious personal touch. Thank you very much.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hello Paul W,

Thank you for returning to our hotel for another stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you found our suites to be spacious and in excellent condition and our breakfast buffet to be plentiful. Also, thank you for your recognition of our team members. It is our goal to deliver personal service to all of our guests, and it will certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!