“A comfortable place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A comfortable place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed one night in a two bedroom suite. We particularly enjoyed the living area, which had a very comfortable feel to it. The rooms were clean and very well maintained. The beds were very comfortable as well. We arrived too late to take advantage of dinner, but had a good meal at the adjoining Hilton Garden Inn. The only problem we encountered was with the room keys. One did not work from the beginning and we had it replaced. It initially worked, but then did not the next morning. There is construction across the street which started very early. Request a room facing away from the entrance. This hotel is very convenient to a number of restaurants.

Room Tip: Due to ongoing construction across the street from the parking lot, request a room facing away from...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear mokersj,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg for your recent visit to the area. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean suites, comfortable beds and convenient location. Though you missed our complimentary evening reception, it's great that you took advantage of our connecting Hilton Garden Inn restaurant. I apologize for the key issues that you experienced, and for the noise of the construction taking place across the street. We certainly hope to welcome you and your family back again soon!

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Pecos, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Homewood Suites facility stands up to the standards I have experience with Hilton Hotels throughout the United States. I travel very frequently on business and look forward to my stays at the Homewood Suites as restful and pleasant. The in house availability of amenities allows me to go from business to hotel where I can dine, work and rest in comfort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Doc D,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are happy that we can provide restful and pleasant stay and that you are able to enjoy our many hotel amenities. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to Hilton, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

In all my travels with my family this hotel is by far the cleanest. From check-in to check-out the experience was exemplary. I never had the pleasure of staying in a Homewood Suites property before and Hilton has once again outdone itself. We would definitely stay at this particular property again and because of our experience at the Rockville site my family and I just booked to stay at a Homewood Suites in Columbus, OH in early August.

Hello jknittany,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy that you had an exemplary experience at our hotel, and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to all of the Hilton properties around the world. We hope to see you and your family again soon in Rockville!

Lake Ridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel is comfortable, clean, and the staff is friendly. Unfortunately, we had a particularly bad experience that I feel was handled poorly by the hotel. Despite that, I would probably recommend this hotel.
Our family stayed at this hotel over Veteran's Day Weekend in 2012 during a soccer tournament. Upon arrival, we were told that the room we had booked (two-bedroom suite with a fireplace) was not available. They apologized and offered us a two-bedroom without a fireplace....for $10 more per night. I explained to the desk clerk that I was not going to pay more for a lower grade room. She checked with her manager and agreed to honor my original price quote, but in a room without a fireplace. I wasn't particularly happy with that arrangement, but we needed a room and I accepted.
The rooms were very clean and modern. The kitchen area was sufficient for our purposes with a full-sized refrigerator and microwave.The bedroom was spacious, but the living room area was very cramped once the sofabed was pulled out. Nevertheless, overall I was pleased with what I saw.
On our last day in the hotel, I decided to take the kids down to the indoor pool for one last swim. During the swim, my 8 year-old daughter started coughing uncontrollably. At first I thought she had swallowed some water - then the fumes hit me. Apparently, the lifeguard had added some chemicals to the hottub and caused a chemical reaction that released chlorine gas into the air. The fumes caused coughing in all of us and vomiting in some. We all evacuated the pool area and headed up to the lobby to inform the manager what had happened. After seeing six soaking wet, coughing guests appear in the lobby, the desk clerk asked us if we were okay. I explained to her that we had all been exposed to chlorine gas in their pool. She responded by saying something along the lines of “Okay” and casually returning to typing on the computer. We remained in the lobby for several more minutes like that. It wasn’t until I explained to her what chlorine gas is and what the dangers associated with it are that she decided this was something she should probably tell the on-duty manager about.
The on-duty manager at the time was great. He showed genuine concern and rushed to call the fire department to respond to the situation. Emergency services personnel arrived shortly thereafter and evaluated us. Three of the six of us were told to load up in an ambulance and sent to the emergency room at a local hospital. Since this was about an hour before our scheduled checkout time, my wife approached the desk clerk to let them know we wouldn’t be checking out on time. The desk clerk responded by telling my wife we could have an extra two hours. Unbelievable. She responded by telling him we would let him know when we returned from the hospital and would discuss checkout then.
Luckily, there were no serious issues and the ER released us after about three hours of observation. After walking back to the hotel from the hospital, the on-duty desk clerk approached us and apologized for what had happened and told us Hilton would comp us our room for the weekend, give us one free meal at the hotel restaurant, allow us to stay an extra night, and handle our hospital charges. She then took our billing information from the hospital and said she’d forward it on to the manager.
Shortly thereafter, we received a call from the regional manager. He was extremely apologetic and told us Hilton would take care of all of the charges. Unfortunately, that’s not the way it turned out. The hotel turned the hospital charges over to the insurance company for the subcontractor that ran the lifeguard service. They paid for a little over half of the charges, however Hilton did follow up after that and my insurance company ended up being billed for the remaining balance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear paka72,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy that you found our hotel to clean and comfortable and our staff to be friendly. I'm sorry for the issue that you experienced upon your arrival. We strive to provide the accommodations reserved by every guest, and I apologize that we failed to do so, but I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite. I'm very sorry for the problems that you encountered in our pool as the safety and security of our guests is our top priority. Also, I am happy to contact the insurance companies regarding the hospital charges and will follow up with you accordingly. Thank you again for your feedback, and we certainly hope to welcome you and family back in the future.

morgantown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hotel is excellent; Lobby has grand 'lodge' feel. The breakfast was very good. Other than a short wait upon check-in due to the absence of a desk clerk, the service was excellent. As Hilton Gold members, we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. Only significant complaint is that the hotel pool is closed during business hours on week days which may serve business travelers/residents well but may not serve recreation/family travelers very well.

Hello Ronald D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very sorry that our pool hours were not convenient for your family, but I am happy that you enjoyed our Lodge, complimentary breakfast and excellent staff. We certainly hope to welcome back you and your family during your next trip to the Rockville area. Thanks again, and have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

drove from Pa. great location close to 270 for our visit to DC area. free shuttle to metro was nice. Clean and comfortable. Free breakfast buffet was quite enjoyable. All you can eat with eggs, waffles, yogurt, etc in a cushioned lounge area. Shopping plaza within walking distance with plenty of restaurants. Movie theatre close by. Nice price. Great staff. will return

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg for your trip to the D.C. area from Pa. Our convenient location, complimentary shuttle, excellent breakfast and friendly staff are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. We certainly look forward to your family's return on your next trip to the area. Thank you for your feedback, and have a great day!

Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was the forth time I have stayed at this hotel. It is clean and very comfortable. I will stay there again. I would also recommend this to anyone. The breakfast and dinners add to the overall value of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Hello William W,

Thank you for your continued loyalty, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm very glad to hear that you've had enjoyable experiences, and we certainly appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!