“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Albuquerque, United States
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was the forth time I have stayed at this hotel. It is clean and very comfortable. I will stay there again. I would also recommend this to anyone. The breakfast and dinners add to the overall value of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello William W,

Thank you for your continued loyalty, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm very glad to hear that you've had enjoyable experiences, and we certainly appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed with a family of 7 and their double suite (2 bedrooms and a sitting area) were perfect for us. The suite was super spacious and included 2 bathrooms. We could not have asked for a better suite!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Roland H,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your suite at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that your family enjoyed our spacious suites, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area. Thanks!

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have been staying at the Homewood Suites for 4 nights now and will be here for another 3. So far it has been a great stay. Rooms are clean and staff very friendly. I agree with the other review about the lady in the breakfast area. Very nice. Font desk has been helpful, especially Yasir. Keep up the good work.

The breakfast itself is ok. Plenty of things to feed my family, but don't expect high quality. There is a nice big area to eat your breakfast.

The only complaint about the rooms so far are the air conditioners. They are fairly loud and turn on and off a ton day and night. Typically I have to turn up the TV at night when it kicks on.

We have used the laundry facility once so far. It is located in the basement where the fitness area and the pool are as well. The laundry room is pretty clean and there are 3 washing machines and 6 dryers. Make sure you pick a dryer with little lint in the tray. We had some get on our clothes, but other than that all went well. The front desk has detergent and dryer sheets you can buy for $1 each.

The hotel is located close to Highway 270 and about 10 minutes from the metro, which you can take to downtown DC. All very handy. It takes about 35-40 minutes to get downtown on the metro. Not much longer than by car.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear EuroPeanut,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg, and I hope that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm sorry that our A/C units were a bit loud, but I'm glad that you found our rooms to be clean. I really appreciate your recognition of our staff, particularly of Yasir at the front desk and Tuya in our food & beverage department. It's great that you enjoyed our convenient location and several of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We spent a week at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and roomy. They serve hot breakfast every morning and a dinner M-Th. There is a park with walking/biking paths nearby. The hotel staff is excellent. Tuya was our favorite. She works in the breakfast area. I told her that they served scones at another Homewood Suites and she made sure they made scones for us during our stay. She treated all the guests like they were family and she seems to really enjoy her job.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello JAJ1111,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during your recent week-long visit. It's great that you enjoyed our spacious, clean suites, our complimentary hot breakfast and convenient location. I really appreciate your recognition of our excellent staff, and for your recognition of Tuya. I'm very to happy to hear that she took such great care of you during your stay. I will be sharing your wonderful comments with Tuya and our team, and we certainly hope to welcome you and your family back the next time you are visiting the D.C. area.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Staff extremely professional and helpful. Suite clean, quiet, thick doors between rooms, full kitchen. Monday to Thursday from 5-7 free dinner. Free buffet breakfast every morning. Beautiful décor, all new. On-site restaurant with affordable prices and delicious food. We highly recommend this hotel in Rockville MD. Very comfortable bed. Close to route 270. Behind a mall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy that you enjoyed our clean, functional suites, complimentary food offerings, beautiful decor and delectable menu at the connecting Great American Grill. Also, I'm very glad that you found our staff to be professional and helpful. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We loved having a separate living room and bedroom on our family stay. We were able to fit all 3 kids in the living area - 2 in the sofa bed and one on a rollaway, which meant we were able to have a grown-up bedroom all to ourselves! The kitchen was well equipped as was the rest of the hotel. Nice breakfast, great swimming pool and fitness suite. We were surprised by how good the evening dinner was - a few choices and all of them tasty plus the complimentary glass of wine/beer was most welcome after a long day sightseeing in Washington DC! The children enjoyed the kids room too - Air Hockey, Table Football, Nintendo Wii. We used the complimentary shuttle bus to get to Shady Grove - it runs on demand which makes getting to DC very easy. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear felixandmaddie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable experience while visiting the Washington, D.C. area. Our spacious suites, complimentary breakfast and reception, kid's room, fitness center and pool are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. It's great that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle, which does make it easy to get downtown to enjoy all that Washington has to offer. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming back you and your family the next time you are visiting the D.C. area. Have a great day!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Came up from Austin for 5-day workshop. I stayed at Homewood Suites because of its proximity to my training (in Ashton). The first night was not so great. I arrived late and was given a room on the front side of hotel. Due to a construction project across the street, there were noise issues in the morning. This was probably not a problem over the weekend, but I am a light sleeper. I asked to be moved to another suite and this was accommodated immediately. My other 3 nights were very comfortable. The staff were attentive to my needs and I did not have any other issues.

I enjoyed the 1-bedroom suite immensely. The decor is nice, bed comfortable and room/hotel is very clean. My favorite part is the kitchen area. Since I was here so long, I wanted to cook for myself. I did take a look at the complimentary breakfast one morning, but ended up not eating there. I really wanted bacon and they only served sausage. I also utilized the fitness center. It was in a very nice and spacious room with good equipment.

I originally planned to move closer to the airport on my 5th night. But after being so comfortable, I decided that I could manage to get up an hour earlier (to leave by 5:00 am) to drive the extra 45 miles to the airport. However when I checked with the hotel, they had rooms, but the room rate would have been increased by about 25%. It was not worth that much an increase, so I stayed with my original plans and checked out.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and hope to stay here again when I come back for another workshop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear SandyX111,

Thank you for your input regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, and I'm glad we moved your room promptly. It's great that you enjoyed our our decor, clean, comfortable rooms, and 24-hour fitness center. I'm sorry we did not have bacon the morning you tried our complimentary breakfast (we rotate several of our breakfast items daily) and that we were unable to keep your original rate for the extra night. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next workshop in the Rockville area.

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!