“Nice hotel and comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Austin, Texas
“Nice hotel and comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Came up from Austin for 5-day workshop. I stayed at Homewood Suites because of its proximity to my training (in Ashton). The first night was not so great. I arrived late and was given a room on the front side of hotel. Due to a construction project across the street, there were noise issues in the morning. This was probably not a problem over the weekend, but I am a light sleeper. I asked to be moved to another suite and this was accommodated immediately. My other 3 nights were very comfortable. The staff were attentive to my needs and I did not have any other issues.

I enjoyed the 1-bedroom suite immensely. The decor is nice, bed comfortable and room/hotel is very clean. My favorite part is the kitchen area. Since I was here so long, I wanted to cook for myself. I did take a look at the complimentary breakfast one morning, but ended up not eating there. I really wanted bacon and they only served sausage. I also utilized the fitness center. It was in a very nice and spacious room with good equipment.

I originally planned to move closer to the airport on my 5th night. But after being so comfortable, I decided that I could manage to get up an hour earlier (to leave by 5:00 am) to drive the extra 45 miles to the airport. However when I checked with the hotel, they had rooms, but the room rate would have been increased by about 25%. It was not worth that much an increase, so I stayed with my original plans and checked out.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and hope to stay here again when I come back for another workshop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear SandyX111,

Thank you for your input regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, and I'm glad we moved your room promptly. It's great that you enjoyed our our decor, clean, comfortable rooms, and 24-hour fitness center. I'm sorry we did not have bacon the morning you tried our complimentary breakfast (we rotate several of our breakfast items daily) and that we were unable to keep your original rate for the extra night. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next workshop in the Rockville area.

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great service, great hotel, very nice.

This was my first experience with a Homewood Suites but I will certainly seek them out again. They provided breakfast AND dinner. The room was spacious and clean. All very nice.

Dear danielbalc,

Thank you for choosing Rockville for your first Homewood Suites experience! I'm very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and dinner, and our spacious suites. These are just a few of the many reasons travelers continue to return to Homewood Suites properties. We look forward to welcoming you back in Rockville and hope you have the opportunity to enjoy other great Homewood Suites locations around the country. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We decided to go to Rockville with our three young children for the Hometown Holidays festival/parade over Memorial Day weekend. Specifically booked Homewood Suites since we were able to get a 1-bedroom suite with two queen beds and free breakfast.

The hotel is in a nice area called Fallsgrove; there's a great shopping center within walking distance with a bunch of restaurants (Chipotle, Jerry's Subs and Pizza, Italian, Cheeburger Cheeburger, Panera, etc). The hotel looked new, and was clean and nice; I was surprised to see it was actually connected to the Hilton Garden Inn. Although there wasn't a room ready when we checked in (after 2pm), the front staff was accommodating, and we only waited about half an hour from arrival. In addition, we had room 164... which was a suite by itself on the first floor... easy to get to the lobby with no need for the elevator.

The shuttle took us to Rockville Town Square which was wonderful since it was blocked off for the festival; we didn't have to get our kids into and out of the car or worry about finding parking. And we were able to reserve the shuttle in it would be and at the exact time promised. Once we got back, we walked to the shopping center for dinner and put the kids to bed fairly early. They loved that they each got their own queen bed, and we took the sofa bed which was surprisingly comfortable. There was enough space in the room to put the crib for the baby in the bathroom area!

The breakfast buffet was good, but while we were there, they ran out of waffle batter and pancakes which was frustrating. My kids enjoyed the eggs, and I ate the fruit and yogurt.

The shuttle brought us to Rockville Town Square again on Monday and picked us up outside the place we had lunch. Really easy.

The only reason I didn't give this property five stars was because there was a big party going on Sunday night, and the music was really loud. Fortunately, the party was over around 11pm, but I was worried my kids wouldn't be able to get to sleep.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor if there's a party going on!
Hello ps12,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent Memorial Day weekend trip to the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our clean hotel, spacious suites, convenient location, and complimentary shuttle service. I'm sorry that we ran out of waffles and pancakes during breakfast, they are certainly popular items and we will be sure to have extra batter and mix to ensure that all of our guests can enjoy! I also apologize for the noise you experienced from the event, and I hope that it did not wake the kids. Thank you so much again for your input, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you visit Rockville!

rockville/ Gaithersberg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My family and I had the rare opportunity to stay at Homewood Suite for over 2 months while receiving care at WRNMMC. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were very comfortable. We asked for additional dresser for the extended stay, they went out and bought a portable dresser for us. I asked for a step for the kids because the sinks were too tall for them. They brought one up right away. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I've ever had at a commercial hotel chain. The complimentary manager's reception Monday - Thursday saved us so much money from eating out every night. Free room popcorn and hot cocoa made it extra special at nights. The rooms were comfortable for family of 4 with a two room suite with DirecTV with DVR so that I can pre-record shows that I could watch them later. The kitchen had a full size fridge with dishwasher and the sink had a garbage disposal. We did not have to give up or compromise our stay from our actual home. We really enjoyed our stay at Homewood Suite.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Giwon J,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your long-term stay at our hotel. I really appreciate your recognition our incredible staff, and I'm very happy that you had an enjoyable experience during your time at our hotel. It's also great to see that you enjoyed our many services and amenities to make our hotel feel like home. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are visiting Rockville!

georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. The staff is really nice and the hotel is clean. I recomend the one bed room suite. It was very spacious. The breakfast was really good and the location is good. The beds are also comfortable I will return.

• Stayed January 2013
Hello jmaily,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. Our friendly staff, clean hotel, spacious suites and full hot breakfast are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to come back. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back during you next visit to Rockville!

Westport, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is close to perfect. The staff has prepared for a lot of the little details: they had an inventory of various maps of the local area; the food is thoughtfully prepared (vegetarian options too) and healthy - not inexpensive junk; and, the business center is fully stocked and very clean. The room looks like it's been newly redone, even though it's the same as it was in prior years. The bed was perfect; usually hotel mattresses are -- suffice to say -- not. Another major advantage is just how quiet the rooms are. After years of staying in hotels, I notice loud TVs, etc. I didn't hear a thing the whole time : ) The kitchen is clean and new. The rooms are very large. Finally, I don't think the hotel advertises just how close they are to DC. I took a train from Union Station and it went almost directly to the hotel. There is a shuttle that makes pick ups from there as well. This hotel is highly, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Have stayed in several different rooms and never had a problem. They are seemed excellent and quiet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello E M,

Thank you for continuing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty, and I'm very happy to hear that you've had enjoyable experiences at our hotel. I'm glad that you find our hotel to be a convenient location for visiting Washington, D.C., and yes, our complimentary shuttle services the nearest Metro Station for easy access to D.C. Also, our spacious suites, complimentary food selections, and 24-hour business center are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. Thanks again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the Rockville area.

Allegany, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was a repeat stay for us. We have stayed here before and have enjoyed our times here. The hotel is new, clean, spacious, and the staff is excellent. The breakfast, pool, and fitness areas are very good. This time we stayed here for a family vacation and went to the National Zoo in DC and the National Aquarium in Baltimore. The location of the hotel is perfect for both as the hotel is only a few blocks away from the Metro Red Line to the Zoo. It was a very easy drive as we had a car seat we did not want to leave in the hotel shuttle. The Metro is an easy trip from Shady Grove to Cleveland Park and back. The hotel is also a few blocks off the highway to Baltimore for the Aquarium which is about 45 minutes away. There are great amenities around the hotel as well. I highly recommend staying here if in the DC area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Mike H,

Thank you for selecting the Homewood Suites again for your recent family vacation to the D.C. area. I'm very happy to hear that you've had enjoyable experiences at our hotel and took advantage of many of the services our hotel has to offer, such as our complimentary shuttle, clean and spacious atmosphere, complimentary breakfast, heated indoor pool and 24-hour fitness center. Our convenient location is definitely great for easy access to Washington, D.C., and it's not far from some of the area's best attractions, including Baltimore's Aquarium, historic Annapolis, and the Civil War battlefields of Gettysburg and Antietam. Thank you for your loyalty, and we hope to welcome you and your family back the next time you are visiting the D.C. area!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!