“Good for Business Trips” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Huntington Beach, California
“Good for Business Trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Parking was free, front desk was helpful and efficient at check-in, elevators were speedy, rooms were clean and quiet, rooms had free WiFi and/or Ethernet connections, complimentary breakfasts were OK, complimentary dinners were so-so (although dinner in the restaurant were very good. This was the third time I stayed here and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello ccmorrison1,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg again during your recent business trip to Rockville. We greatly appreciate your loyalty, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed many of the amenities our hotel has to offer. It's great that you also enjoyed the Great American Grill at the adjacent HGI, and we will continue to work on our breakfast and dinner selections at Homewood Suites to ensure delicious offerings for all of our future guests. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
rockville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Staff was inattentive, unhelpful, poorly informed and often rude. Our reservations were mishandled. We could not obtain necessary confirmations for our large room block. Guest gift bags were not distributed to all rooms in our wedding block despite clear instructions (bride and groom never received their designated gift), staff demonstrated hostile attitude to any inquiries. There is more but I think the picture is clear. Staff is clearly not service oriented. I prefer a hotel where guests' interests are a priority.

Dear Joseph G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg, and I apologize for the issues that you experienced. We strive to deliver exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve as our guests are our top priority, and I'm sorry that we did not meet that expectation. We value your feedback, and we will continue to work diligently in order to improve and to ensure all of our guests receive excellent service.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and I hope that it is not my last. The hotel was new so everything was clean and fresh. The staff was wonderful. I was upgraded to a room with a fireplace, whcih was a nice bonus. THe hotel was quiet and located near a lot of good places to eat.. I am beginnig to like Homewood Suites more and more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Hello Kidflemingo,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that this will not be your last stay at our hotel, and I'm glad that you found our property to be clean and fresh. I appreciate your recognition of our wonderful staff, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Valhalla, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hotel was clean. We had breafast every morning and they changed a few things each day which was nice. My grandkids enjoyed the indoor pool each afternoon. Pool was not open during the day but we were out enjoying Washington DC and when we got back to the hotel we enjoyed the pool. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would come back.

Hello Barbara B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that you were able to enjoy our breakfast and pool. I'm also glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Wake Forest, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked a two bedroom suite two months in advance for a family occasion. There are six of us including my son who is confined to a wheelchair. My in-laws also booked a studio suite. I called a week before to confirm our room. At 3:30pm the DAY BEFORE WE WERE ARRIVING, I receive a call from an assistant manager, Ms.Kahn. She stated to me that the hotel overbooked and we do not have a room. She then attempted to make it like she was helping me by trying to find us a room at another hotel. I was livid. I received no answer from this woman as to how an "overbooking" could happen since I booked the room two months in advance. I explained to her that we had a handicapped son and need a two bedroom suite which is the reason I book so far in advance. After going round and round in circles with this woman, i hung up and called the Hotel manager, Mike Anderson. Mr.Anderson assured us that we had a room and was professional. Upon arrival at the hotel the next day, we were not sure what to expect. We arrived early because we were sight seeing that day with our in laws who had already checked in the night before. We were greeted by a nice hotel staff member who immediately went to find Mr.Anderson. Mr.Anderson was kind and professional and apologetic. He stated to me that it was an oversight on Ms.Kahn's part and apologized for her. We went out for the day and arrived about 5pm to check in. I noticed that they had the room rate wrong (too high) so the hotel desk clerk called assistant manager Ms.Kahn to look at it. Ms.Kahn fixed the rate to what i booked it at but never offered an apology for calling us the day before and putting us through that stress. In fact when I questioned her about it, she said it was not her fault. I told her Mr.Anderson said otherwise. She was the only reason I did not give this hotel five stars. She was unprofessional, unapologetic and clueless and should not be a manager of any kind. All the hotel staff were professional, besides her, which includes Mike Anderson, the maintenance staff, the kind woman who serviced our room, the lifeguard who assisted my son in the pool with the lift and especially Kevin. Kevin was there when I checked out and was extremely apologetic and discounted our stay for the unnecessary stress. Thanks Kevin!
Overall, this Hotel is quite nice. It is in a safe area with shopping and dining within a few miles. The lobby is nice and breakfast was plentiful. I would definitely stay here again, if Ms.Kahn was not employed there. Sorry, but i'ts an honest review.

Hello rmguardino,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I apologize for the issues that you experienced the day before your arrival, but I'm glad you found our hotel staff and lifeguards to be professional. Our well-appointed lobby, convenient location and plentiful complimentary breakfast are a few of the reasons our guests continue to come back, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area.

Williamsburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was quite comfortable, staff were efficient and friendly, and the wine in the evening was decent. The shuttle drivers were friendly and punctual. I had no trouble getting on the Internet. It did seem to rely on satellite tv, though, and several times the image appeared to freeze for a few seconds my second day. It was odd because the weather was clear and calm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Hello Cindy M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel. Our friendly staff, weekday evening reception and complimentary shuttle are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. I'm sorry our TV system froze while you were here, and yes, we do have satellite TV in our hotel that provides a home-like TV experience. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Rockville area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was more than adequate. One thing to note, is that the pool temperature felt a little chilly and it is not open during the day on weekdays.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello Homewood Suites Traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg, and I'm very happy that you had an enjoyable stay. Our helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms and plentiful breakfast offerings are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to stay with us. I'm sorry that the pool was a little chilly, and we will be sure to continue to monitor a comfortable temperature for our guests to enjoy. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!