“family trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Valhalla, United States
“family trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hotel was clean. We had breafast every morning and they changed a few things each day which was nice. My grandkids enjoyed the indoor pool each afternoon. Pool was not open during the day but we were out enjoying Washington DC and when we got back to the hotel we enjoyed the pool. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would come back.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Hello Barbara B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that you were able to enjoy our breakfast and pool. I'm also glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Wake Forest, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked a two bedroom suite two months in advance for a family occasion. There are six of us including my son who is confined to a wheelchair. My in-laws also booked a studio suite. I called a week before to confirm our room. At 3:30pm the DAY BEFORE WE WERE ARRIVING, I receive a call from an assistant manager, Ms.Kahn. She stated to me that the hotel overbooked and we do not have a room. She then attempted to make it like she was helping me by trying to find us a room at another hotel. I was livid. I received no answer from this woman as to how an "overbooking" could happen since I booked the room two months in advance. I explained to her that we had a handicapped son and need a two bedroom suite which is the reason I book so far in advance. After going round and round in circles with this woman, i hung up and called the Hotel manager, Mike Anderson. Mr.Anderson assured us that we had a room and was professional. Upon arrival at the hotel the next day, we were not sure what to expect. We arrived early because we were sight seeing that day with our in laws who had already checked in the night before. We were greeted by a nice hotel staff member who immediately went to find Mr.Anderson. Mr.Anderson was kind and professional and apologetic. He stated to me that it was an oversight on Ms.Kahn's part and apologized for her. We went out for the day and arrived about 5pm to check in. I noticed that they had the room rate wrong (too high) so the hotel desk clerk called assistant manager Ms.Kahn to look at it. Ms.Kahn fixed the rate to what i booked it at but never offered an apology for calling us the day before and putting us through that stress. In fact when I questioned her about it, she said it was not her fault. I told her Mr.Anderson said otherwise. She was the only reason I did not give this hotel five stars. She was unprofessional, unapologetic and clueless and should not be a manager of any kind. All the hotel staff were professional, besides her, which includes Mike Anderson, the maintenance staff, the kind woman who serviced our room, the lifeguard who assisted my son in the pool with the lift and especially Kevin. Kevin was there when I checked out and was extremely apologetic and discounted our stay for the unnecessary stress. Thanks Kevin!
Overall, this Hotel is quite nice. It is in a safe area with shopping and dining within a few miles. The lobby is nice and breakfast was plentiful. I would definitely stay here again, if Ms.Kahn was not employed there. Sorry, but i'ts an honest review.

Hello rmguardino,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I apologize for the issues that you experienced the day before your arrival, but I'm glad you found our hotel staff and lifeguards to be professional. Our well-appointed lobby, convenient location and plentiful complimentary breakfast are a few of the reasons our guests continue to come back, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area.

Williamsburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was quite comfortable, staff were efficient and friendly, and the wine in the evening was decent. The shuttle drivers were friendly and punctual. I had no trouble getting on the Internet. It did seem to rely on satellite tv, though, and several times the image appeared to freeze for a few seconds my second day. It was odd because the weather was clear and calm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Hello Cindy M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel. Our friendly staff, weekday evening reception and complimentary shuttle are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. I'm sorry our TV system froze while you were here, and yes, we do have satellite TV in our hotel that provides a home-like TV experience. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Rockville area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was more than adequate. One thing to note, is that the pool temperature felt a little chilly and it is not open during the day on weekdays.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello Homewood Suites Traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg, and I'm very happy that you had an enjoyable stay. Our helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms and plentiful breakfast offerings are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to stay with us. I'm sorry that the pool was a little chilly, and we will be sure to continue to monitor a comfortable temperature for our guests to enjoy. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights and kept commenting how much we enjoyed this hotel. It was in a nice, safe area, and the hotel felt fresh and new (the front desk manager said the hotel was 3 years old, as of 3/13). We loved having a fridge and microwave (and plates and utensils) in the room, and the entire space felt spacious and clean.

Starbucks and other restaurants just around the corner. Whole Foods about 8 minutes away. We ended up getting food from Whole Foods and eating dinner in our hotel one night, since we had the microwave (and there is an oven and stove, too) to heat things up.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, and other than hearing some vacuuming in the morning, it was extremely...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Lorie,

Thank you for your comments regarding your time here at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I am very pleased to see both you and your husband enjoyed your time at our property, and appreciate you sharing your experience with the world! Many of our guests are suprised to find that our suites incorporate every aspect of home (full refrigerator and microwave, cookware, flatware, silverware, glasses, etc) with the service that allows you to enjoy your time away. Our location, adjacent to the Fallsgrove Complex with over 26 restaurants and shops, as well as within a quick drive of some of the best shopping in the nation, gives our guests copious options for any free time they have while visiting.

Thank you for your time, as well as your feedback. Have a fantastic spring, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We selected this hotel to stay for the duration of children's festival which took place in Washington DC as well as Potomac, MD from March 15 - 17, 2013. We traveled as a group from Brooklyn, NY as 8 families where 5 stayed at the hotel. Since I have my Hilton Honors Diamond Membership, I reserved 1 room for my family and two rooms for fellow participants.
Great hotel - very friendly and helpful staff (allowed kids to rehearse a day before festival as well as provided us with space for a small celebration, after)- rooms were clean and comfortable - free wifi - free breakfast was above average with good selection of food. Kids enjoyed pool as well as kids play room which is not common in a chain of Hilton Hotels.
Everyone was wonderful - highly recommend the hotel. Good location too!
Everyone was very pleased!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear garreglardan,

Thank you for your comments, and for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg as the host hotel for the Russian Theatre Festival. I am pleased to see not only you, but your entire group enjoyed their stay. It was truly our pleasure to serve you. I will also be sure to share your comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff, as well as our wonderful daily Suite Start breakfast with our entire hotel team.

It was also great to see your group was able to take advantage of our Kids Room located on the lower level of the hotel. This is a great amenity unique to our property, that can truly make a difference for our young guests as well as their parents!

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I hope to see you again soon!

Clarksburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed for eight days with my family and had a great time. We especially enjoyed the kids play room, pool, and kitchen in room. Everything in the hotel was clean and well cared for. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed including easy connection to the internet. The breakfasts and evening meals were good and saved us from having to eat out. The best thing though, was the service provided by all members of the hotel staff. They were kind, caring and went above and beyond what was needed in an effort to provide good service. Only two downsides were the pool is not open during the day on week days and it takes a while on Metro to get into DC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Megan F,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites during your recent extended stay in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. My hope is we exceeded expecatations for both you and your family during your time at our property. I had a chance to review your comments and found that there were several enjoyable aspects to your stay. Though it was quite evident that our staff was the true defining factor in taking your stay to the next level. We stress with our team that they are the key in providing our guests with an impactful and memorable experience, I will be sure to share your feedback with our team directly. I also noticed your comments regarding our indoor heated pool hours. Due to the small number of guests utilizing our indoor pool during mid-week afternoon hours, and county regulations requiring a life guard on duty at all times, our property does not provide mid-week afternoon pool hours. We do however offer pool hours during our highest occupancy times; 6am-9am and 5pm-10pm Mon-Friday, and 10am-10pm Saturday/Sunday.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the greater Washington D.C. area.

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!