We booked a two bedroom suite two months in advance for a family occasion. There are six of us including my son who is confined to a wheelchair. My in-laws also booked a studio suite. I called a week before to confirm our room. At 3:30pm the DAY BEFORE WE WERE ARRIVING, I receive a call from an assistant manager, Ms.Kahn. She stated to me that the hotel overbooked and we do not have a room. She then attempted to make it like she was helping me by trying to find us a room at another hotel. I was livid. I received no answer from this woman as to how an "overbooking" could happen since I booked the room two months in advance. I explained to her that we had a handicapped son and need a two bedroom suite which is the reason I book so far in advance. After going round and round in circles with this woman, i hung up and called the Hotel manager, Mike Anderson. Mr.Anderson assured us that we had a room and was professional. Upon arrival at the hotel the next day, we were not sure what to expect. We arrived early because we were sight seeing that day with our in laws who had already checked in the night before. We were greeted by a nice hotel staff member who immediately went to find Mr.Anderson. Mr.Anderson was kind and professional and apologetic. He stated to me that it was an oversight on Ms.Kahn's part and apologized for her. We went out for the day and arrived about 5pm to check in. I noticed that they had the room rate wrong (too high) so the hotel desk clerk called assistant manager Ms.Kahn to look at it. Ms.Kahn fixed the rate to what i booked it at but never offered an apology for calling us the day before and putting us through that stress. In fact when I questioned her about it, she said it was not her fault. I told her Mr.Anderson said otherwise. She was the only reason I did not give this hotel five stars. She was unprofessional, unapologetic and clueless and should not be a manager of any kind. All the hotel staff were professional, besides her, which includes Mike Anderson, the maintenance staff, the kind woman who serviced our room, the lifeguard who assisted my son in the pool with the lift and especially Kevin. Kevin was there when I checked out and was extremely apologetic and discounted our stay for the unnecessary stress. Thanks Kevin!
Overall, this Hotel is quite nice. It is in a safe area with shopping and dining within a few miles. The lobby is nice and breakfast was plentiful. I would definitely stay here again, if Ms.Kahn was not employed there. Sorry, but i'ts an honest review.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg Hotel Rockville
- Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton Rockville-Gaithersburg offers all the amenities of home, with the service that will make you want to return. Featuring 87 well-appointed guest suites, offering studio king, one bedroom king, 2 bedroom king, and 1 bedroom 2 queen bed suites, your sure to enjoy your time with us. Each stay includes our famous "Suite Start" breakfast offering a vast array of hot and cold nutritious options to start your day. We also offer complimentary shuttle service within a 3 mile radius (7am-9pm), free high speed wireless internet access, room service, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, and 24 hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Venere, EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.