“Would definitely return!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Would definitely return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights and kept commenting how much we enjoyed this hotel. It was in a nice, safe area, and the hotel felt fresh and new (the front desk manager said the hotel was 3 years old, as of 3/13). We loved having a fridge and microwave (and plates and utensils) in the room, and the entire space felt spacious and clean.

Starbucks and other restaurants just around the corner. Whole Foods about 8 minutes away. We ended up getting food from Whole Foods and eating dinner in our hotel one night, since we had the microwave (and there is an oven and stove, too) to heat things up.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, and other than hearing some vacuuming in the morning, it was extremely...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Lorie,

Thank you for your comments regarding your time here at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I am very pleased to see both you and your husband enjoyed your time at our property, and appreciate you sharing your experience with the world! Many of our guests are suprised to find that our suites incorporate every aspect of home (full refrigerator and microwave, cookware, flatware, silverware, glasses, etc) with the service that allows you to enjoy your time away. Our location, adjacent to the Fallsgrove Complex with over 26 restaurants and shops, as well as within a quick drive of some of the best shopping in the nation, gives our guests copious options for any free time they have while visiting.

Thank you for your time, as well as your feedback. Have a fantastic spring, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We selected this hotel to stay for the duration of children's festival which took place in Washington DC as well as Potomac, MD from March 15 - 17, 2013. We traveled as a group from Brooklyn, NY as 8 families where 5 stayed at the hotel. Since I have my Hilton Honors Diamond Membership, I reserved 1 room for my family and two rooms for fellow participants.
Great hotel - very friendly and helpful staff (allowed kids to rehearse a day before festival as well as provided us with space for a small celebration, after)- rooms were clean and comfortable - free wifi - free breakfast was above average with good selection of food. Kids enjoyed pool as well as kids play room which is not common in a chain of Hilton Hotels.
Everyone was wonderful - highly recommend the hotel. Good location too!
Everyone was very pleased!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear garreglardan,

Thank you for your comments, and for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg as the host hotel for the Russian Theatre Festival. I am pleased to see not only you, but your entire group enjoyed their stay. It was truly our pleasure to serve you. I will also be sure to share your comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff, as well as our wonderful daily Suite Start breakfast with our entire hotel team.

It was also great to see your group was able to take advantage of our Kids Room located on the lower level of the hotel. This is a great amenity unique to our property, that can truly make a difference for our young guests as well as their parents!

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I hope to see you again soon!

Clarksburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed for eight days with my family and had a great time. We especially enjoyed the kids play room, pool, and kitchen in room. Everything in the hotel was clean and well cared for. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed including easy connection to the internet. The breakfasts and evening meals were good and saved us from having to eat out. The best thing though, was the service provided by all members of the hotel staff. They were kind, caring and went above and beyond what was needed in an effort to provide good service. Only two downsides were the pool is not open during the day on week days and it takes a while on Metro to get into DC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Megan F,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites during your recent extended stay in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. My hope is we exceeded expecatations for both you and your family during your time at our property. I had a chance to review your comments and found that there were several enjoyable aspects to your stay. Though it was quite evident that our staff was the true defining factor in taking your stay to the next level. We stress with our team that they are the key in providing our guests with an impactful and memorable experience, I will be sure to share your feedback with our team directly. I also noticed your comments regarding our indoor heated pool hours. Due to the small number of guests utilizing our indoor pool during mid-week afternoon hours, and county regulations requiring a life guard on duty at all times, our property does not provide mid-week afternoon pool hours. We do however offer pool hours during our highest occupancy times; 6am-9am and 5pm-10pm Mon-Friday, and 10am-10pm Saturday/Sunday.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the greater Washington D.C. area.

Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I'm from Toronto Canada. I visited my husband and his working around this area. The location was excellent near groceries and restaurant I really like it, feels like home with a fully kitchen and complete utensils. The guest room was clean and fresh with all the amenities. And the room key in the slot was unique. Staff was friendly

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lilia E,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites on your recent trip to the Rockville area. I hope your trip back to Toronto was safe and free of potential winter weather. I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. While reading your comments I noticed there were several aspects that stood out during your time with us. Our location in close proximity to area restaurants and grocery stores with the adjacent Fallsgrove Shopping complex is very convenient for our guests. I also wanted to thank you for mentioning our property's ability to make you feel at home with a full size refrigerator, cookware, utencils, and flatware as well as complimentary daily breakast and evening reception (Mon-Thurs). Our goal is to exceed expectations for each and every guest that chooses our property. My hope is we have accomplished our goal during your time with us, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville or greater Washington D.C. area.

Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

never ready at check in when you arrive.we have stayed here 10 gtimes hotel going downhill. called an hour ahead of time they said room was ready it wasn't. check in took 20 minutes.requested adjoinging rooms they said no problem arrived told us they were trying to get us a room close to each other.front desk person on duty clueless

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear fdicesa3,

Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to our property over the course of recent months. After reading your comments regarding your most recent stay, I wanted to personally reach out and ensure each of your concerns are addressed and resolved. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and look forward to providing an experience for each of your future stays that exceeds expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to any future stays, as it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and comments, and I look forward to working to ensure our property is and remains your hotel of choice in the Rockville area.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was in Rockville on business. I am a Hilton Gold member and I like the benefits that status offers.

The location was excellent in terms of access to my office. I got a friendly welcone at check out but there seemed to be some uncertainty as to what benefits I got given my honors level.

The closets has hangers meant for a smaller diameter rod and the staff tried to fix it.

The remote for the DirectTV system did not match the enstructions provided in the room so they replace the remote.

Great fitness center.

Awesome breakfast.

Had to be persistent to get a glass of wine in the evening.

If I am in the neighborhood, I will stay here again. They may not get it right out of the gate but they try hard to make it right.

Room Tip: Nice view from upper floors. Bring your workout gear.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ralph W,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand, and thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent business trip to the Rockville area. We take great pride in providing proactive guest service to ensure our guests receive a relaxing and productive experience exceeding their expectations. I am dissapointed to hear you encountered service related issues during your stay, though I am glad to hear each issue was promptly resolved to your satisfaction. Your feedback will be used to ensure these issues are addressed at their root cause, and corrected for future guests of our hotel.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Rockville area!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited my wife for the weekend as she was already staying here to attend job training. My first impression was very good, good location, newer building, and upscale surroundings. The building was unique because one wing was Homewood Suites and the other was a Hilton Garden Inn. The lobbies were adjacent each other, sharing one entrance. The staff was friendly and the lobby had a lodge 'vibe' to it with high ceilings, big fireplace and comfy chairs scattered about. The room was very nice with all the amenities one would want for an extended stay. Everything was clean and fresh. The rooms were quiet although we knew when the trash was taken to the dumpster nightly at 1030. Unfortunately her room overlooked the dumpster park. The room 'key' in the slot to allow the room's electricity to work was unique, but then you always knew where the room key was. The breakfast entree each of the mornings was good and hot with a variety of fruit, cereals, breads, juices, milk and coffee to make it as big or small as you wish. One evening we went next door to the bar at the HGI, as simple as walking across the enclosed entry, to have a nightcap. The waitstaff there was very friendly and courteous as well. The lounge features some pretty funky furniture that looked like it was out of a Dr. Seuss book! Fun but not very functional.but then maybe that was the point!

Room Tip: Be careful using GPS to find this place, its too new!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear USCG Retired,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. One of the most unique aspects of our property is the practicality and flexbility our dual branded design offers to our guests and hotel team, allowing a full service experience for two traditionally select service branded properties. I am extremely pleased to see your expectations were exceeded during your time with us, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Thank you again for your time and sincere feedback!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!