“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Brampton, Canada
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I'm from Toronto Canada. I visited my husband and his working around this area. The location was excellent near groceries and restaurant I really like it, feels like home with a fully kitchen and complete utensils. The guest room was clean and fresh with all the amenities. And the room key in the slot was unique. Staff was friendly

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Lilia E,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites on your recent trip to the Rockville area. I hope your trip back to Toronto was safe and free of potential winter weather. I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. While reading your comments I noticed there were several aspects that stood out during your time with us. Our location in close proximity to area restaurants and grocery stores with the adjacent Fallsgrove Shopping complex is very convenient for our guests. I also wanted to thank you for mentioning our property's ability to make you feel at home with a full size refrigerator, cookware, utencils, and flatware as well as complimentary daily breakast and evening reception (Mon-Thurs). Our goal is to exceed expectations for each and every guest that chooses our property. My hope is we have accomplished our goal during your time with us, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville or greater Washington D.C. area.

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

never ready at check in when you arrive.we have stayed here 10 gtimes hotel going downhill. called an hour ahead of time they said room was ready it wasn't. check in took 20 minutes.requested adjoinging rooms they said no problem arrived told us they were trying to get us a room close to each other.front desk person on duty clueless

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear fdicesa3,

Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to our property over the course of recent months. After reading your comments regarding your most recent stay, I wanted to personally reach out and ensure each of your concerns are addressed and resolved. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and look forward to providing an experience for each of your future stays that exceeds expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to any future stays, as it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and comments, and I look forward to working to ensure our property is and remains your hotel of choice in the Rockville area.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was in Rockville on business. I am a Hilton Gold member and I like the benefits that status offers.

The location was excellent in terms of access to my office. I got a friendly welcone at check out but there seemed to be some uncertainty as to what benefits I got given my honors level.

The closets has hangers meant for a smaller diameter rod and the staff tried to fix it.

The remote for the DirectTV system did not match the enstructions provided in the room so they replace the remote.

Great fitness center.

Awesome breakfast.

Had to be persistent to get a glass of wine in the evening.

If I am in the neighborhood, I will stay here again. They may not get it right out of the gate but they try hard to make it right.

Room Tip: Nice view from upper floors. Bring your workout gear.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ralph W,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand, and thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent business trip to the Rockville area. We take great pride in providing proactive guest service to ensure our guests receive a relaxing and productive experience exceeding their expectations. I am dissapointed to hear you encountered service related issues during your stay, though I am glad to hear each issue was promptly resolved to your satisfaction. Your feedback will be used to ensure these issues are addressed at their root cause, and corrected for future guests of our hotel.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Rockville area!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited my wife for the weekend as she was already staying here to attend job training. My first impression was very good, good location, newer building, and upscale surroundings. The building was unique because one wing was Homewood Suites and the other was a Hilton Garden Inn. The lobbies were adjacent each other, sharing one entrance. The staff was friendly and the lobby had a lodge 'vibe' to it with high ceilings, big fireplace and comfy chairs scattered about. The room was very nice with all the amenities one would want for an extended stay. Everything was clean and fresh. The rooms were quiet although we knew when the trash was taken to the dumpster nightly at 1030. Unfortunately her room overlooked the dumpster park. The room 'key' in the slot to allow the room's electricity to work was unique, but then you always knew where the room key was. The breakfast entree each of the mornings was good and hot with a variety of fruit, cereals, breads, juices, milk and coffee to make it as big or small as you wish. One evening we went next door to the bar at the HGI, as simple as walking across the enclosed entry, to have a nightcap. The waitstaff there was very friendly and courteous as well. The lounge features some pretty funky furniture that looked like it was out of a Dr. Seuss book! Fun but not very functional.but then maybe that was the point!

Room Tip: Be careful using GPS to find this place, its too new!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear USCG Retired,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. One of the most unique aspects of our property is the practicality and flexbility our dual branded design offers to our guests and hotel team, allowing a full service experience for two traditionally select service branded properties. I am extremely pleased to see your expectations were exceeded during your time with us, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Thank you again for your time and sincere feedback!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I am a long time Hilton Honors member. A friend and I recently stayed one night at the Rockville/Gaithersburg, MD Homewood Suites. I used Hilton Honors points to pay for the room. This particular location was chosen because of its proximity to a birthday celebration we were attending in nearby Potomac, MD.

My experience with this Homewood Suites exceeded expectations in all respects. The staff I encountered were well trained, friendly and very helpful. The suite was large, clean, quiet and well designed with all the amenities one would expect. Although I did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, it looked very nice.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an excellent place to stay in this area. I particularly thank the front desk staff for checking to make sure that the room was satisfactory, providing shaving cream (mine had been confiscated by TSA - too large a container) and printing out airline boarding passes for return flights

ASF,
Concord, MA

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Arthur F,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during your recent trip to Potomac, Maryland. After reading your comments, I am thrilled to see we were able to exceed your expectations during your time at our property. The most important tool we have is the feedback of our guests, and I will be sure to share your message with our front office team, as well as all members of our hotel staff. They take a tremendous amount of pride in hearing when a guest of our property had a satisfying experience.

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. We hope to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to the area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is newer and is located next to a great littke area for food abd entertainment. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are excellent. This hotel is also eco friendly which takes some getting used too since you have to insert your roomkey into a slot inside the room in order to get all lights and appliances to function. Food is provided most weekdays for breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed November 2012
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Lmariot,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude for your selection of our hotel, and also for sharing valuable feedback on your experience with current and future guests of our property. As the newest hotel in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area we take pride in offering modern accommodations in a convenient location, with exceptional service for our guests. I am pleased to see our entire team provided you with the experience you deserve, and we hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Inauguration pushed a lot of hotel prices up which is how I ended up at this property. I'm glad. I was quite pleased - this is my 1st stay @ a Hilton.

We booked a spacious 2 bedrm (1 King, 2 Queens), 2 bathrm suite w a sleeper sofa & kitchenette for a single night birthday sleepover. There was plenty of room for me and 6 tween girls.

The kitchen had everything I needed - microwave, full-size fridge, 2 burners for cooking, real dishes & utensils, dishwasher, a toaster & even a plastic pitcher for the punch mix.

There was plenty to do too. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool (open til 10 pm) and the kids Game room (open 24 hrs) which has a Wii (bring your own games - they don't have a great selection), DVD player, Ping Pong table, Foozball table, and an assortment of board games.

The pool is small & not very deep (no diving, no horseplay, no screaming). But it was clean, not too crowded & sufficient for girls who haven't swum since pools closed on Labor Day. There's no locker room, just a bathroom, so you'll have to shower back in your room. (**my daughter prefers the indoor pool at the Holiday Inn on Montgomery Village Ave better**).

The complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. No complaints.
The staff are very friendly. They teased the girls who probably wiped them out of their night's supply of complimentary hot chocolate.

There is some construction across the street so the view isn't great. But I don't care about that.

It's convenient to nearby shopping, very clean, very well maintained (is this a new property?). I didn't try the restaurant. The worst thing about the stay was the pizza I ordered from Pizza Hut.

I have another daughter who is having a birthday next month. If I can find another great deal, I'd definitely choose this property again for my next birthday sleepover.

Room Tip: If you care about the view, ask for a room that doesn't face the dirt lot across the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear jimileek,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg over the recent Inauguration Weekend, and a warm welcome to the Hilton family of hotels! I am very pleased to see both you and the members of your party were able to enjoy your time at our property, as well as the many full service amenities of our property offers. It would be our pleasure to be the host hotel for any future overnight accommodations you may desire here in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Also, I am sorry to hear of your negative experience regarding your pizza order from Pizza Hut. Just as a suggestion there is a local Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel in the Fallsgrove Shopping Center, Mama Lucia's that I would recommend for pizza if your travels bring you back to the area.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!