“Hilton Always Comes Through” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
“Hilton Always Comes Through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I am a long time Hilton Honors member. A friend and I recently stayed one night at the Rockville/Gaithersburg, MD Homewood Suites. I used Hilton Honors points to pay for the room. This particular location was chosen because of its proximity to a birthday celebration we were attending in nearby Potomac, MD.

My experience with this Homewood Suites exceeded expectations in all respects. The staff I encountered were well trained, friendly and very helpful. The suite was large, clean, quiet and well designed with all the amenities one would expect. Although I did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, it looked very nice.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an excellent place to stay in this area. I particularly thank the front desk staff for checking to make sure that the room was satisfactory, providing shaving cream (mine had been confiscated by TSA - too large a container) and printing out airline boarding passes for return flights

ASF,
Concord, MA

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Arthur F,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during your recent trip to Potomac, Maryland. After reading your comments, I am thrilled to see we were able to exceed your expectations during your time at our property. The most important tool we have is the feedback of our guests, and I will be sure to share your message with our front office team, as well as all members of our hotel staff. They take a tremendous amount of pride in hearing when a guest of our property had a satisfying experience.

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. We hope to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to the area!

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is newer and is located next to a great littke area for food abd entertainment. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are excellent. This hotel is also eco friendly which takes some getting used too since you have to insert your roomkey into a slot inside the room in order to get all lights and appliances to function. Food is provided most weekdays for breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed November 2012
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Lmariot,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude for your selection of our hotel, and also for sharing valuable feedback on your experience with current and future guests of our property. As the newest hotel in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area we take pride in offering modern accommodations in a convenient location, with exceptional service for our guests. I am pleased to see our entire team provided you with the experience you deserve, and we hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Inauguration pushed a lot of hotel prices up which is how I ended up at this property. I'm glad. I was quite pleased - this is my 1st stay @ a Hilton.

We booked a spacious 2 bedrm (1 King, 2 Queens), 2 bathrm suite w a sleeper sofa & kitchenette for a single night birthday sleepover. There was plenty of room for me and 6 tween girls.

The kitchen had everything I needed - microwave, full-size fridge, 2 burners for cooking, real dishes & utensils, dishwasher, a toaster & even a plastic pitcher for the punch mix.

There was plenty to do too. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool (open til 10 pm) and the kids Game room (open 24 hrs) which has a Wii (bring your own games - they don't have a great selection), DVD player, Ping Pong table, Foozball table, and an assortment of board games.

The pool is small & not very deep (no diving, no horseplay, no screaming). But it was clean, not too crowded & sufficient for girls who haven't swum since pools closed on Labor Day. There's no locker room, just a bathroom, so you'll have to shower back in your room. (**my daughter prefers the indoor pool at the Holiday Inn on Montgomery Village Ave better**).

The complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. No complaints.
The staff are very friendly. They teased the girls who probably wiped them out of their night's supply of complimentary hot chocolate.

There is some construction across the street so the view isn't great. But I don't care about that.

It's convenient to nearby shopping, very clean, very well maintained (is this a new property?). I didn't try the restaurant. The worst thing about the stay was the pizza I ordered from Pizza Hut.

I have another daughter who is having a birthday next month. If I can find another great deal, I'd definitely choose this property again for my next birthday sleepover.

Room Tip: If you care about the view, ask for a room that doesn't face the dirt lot across the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear jimileek,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg over the recent Inauguration Weekend, and a warm welcome to the Hilton family of hotels! I am very pleased to see both you and the members of your party were able to enjoy your time at our property, as well as the many full service amenities of our property offers. It would be our pleasure to be the host hotel for any future overnight accommodations you may desire here in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Also, I am sorry to hear of your negative experience regarding your pizza order from Pizza Hut. Just as a suggestion there is a local Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel in the Fallsgrove Shopping Center, Mama Lucia's that I would recommend for pizza if your travels bring you back to the area.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Maryland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Room were clean, very appealing, free Wi-Fi, gorgeous bathrooms with glass showers!! Full kitchen! Comfortable and clean!
My husband came as a date night away from our babies! It felt like home! Service was great! Great location and safe! Elegant look inside rooms. Fairly new Hotel...I think 3 or 4 yrs old (and it shows!) Wonderful....Will DEFINETLY stay again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear, european_1_12,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg as home base for your weekend getaway! It was our pleasure to serve you. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the cleanliness of our property to our housekeeping team as they and each member of our team, take great pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests.

Thank you for your time and feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is the place to stay!! Location is perfect (near the hospital, GREAT restaurants, Giant Food, a large park, shopping, the highway and much more. The hotel looks brand new...very clean and well maintained. Our suite was spacious and quite. The nicest Homewood Suites we have ever stayed at. We will be back for sure!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear aandpscott,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to provide such glowing feedback on your experience with us. There is no more important tool we have than the comments of our valued guests. I am extremely pleased to see we accomplished our goal, which is to exceed your expectations each and every time you choose our hotel. My hope is we will have the opportunity to see you again soon, on your next trip to the area.

Thank you, and safe travels!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Positives- nice new hotel, good location, nice layout and many amenities,nice bar and restaurant,friendly staff other than the night staff, problems are fixable and hopefully will be addressed because it is a new hotel with many positives
Negatives- the night staff was rude and didn't want to be bothered, the biggest issue we encountered was the carpet in our room-it was rippling throughout causing my son to trip over it at night. It looked like it was relatively new just installed wrong...very dangerous. When we told the front desk the rude night auditor said they were just like that. I complained and only received 1/2 off one out of 2 nights. Apparently Satisfaction is not guaranteed at this Hilton property.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Lve2traw,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I am pleased to see there were many aspects of your experience that exceeded expectations, including our hotel staff, location, bar, and restaurant. I was also disappointed to see there were several issues you encountered during your time with us. Please allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you or any members of your party experienced as a result of the carpet issue and subsequent guest service issue you encountered. Thanks to you, both issues can be addressed and corrected for future guests of our hotel.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance today, or at any point in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to show you the service and experience we pride ourselves on providing to our valued guests, on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

As a long-time Hilton Honors member, I have stayed at a few Homewood Suites properties in the past, and layout-wise, this is not too different from the others in other states (or even countries). I knew what to expect and for the most part, got what I expected, which was just what I was looking for.

Here's a summary of some observations specific to this hotel:

1. First and foremost, I have to say the staff here are exceptional. From the front desk to the restaurant, room service, and housekeeping, there wasn't one person I came across for the duration of my stay of a week who wasn't professional, courteous, and purely customer-focused. This should be the single, most significant factor you should consider in favor of this particular hotel, and is why I'd gladly recommend it.

2. Breakfast served every day is served at great hours, beginning very early. The breakfast has decent variety and is included with the room price. I do wish they had room service for breakfast, but again, I knew exactly what I was getting into so it didn't bother me much at all.

3. The DirectTV boxes they have in the suites (or at least did in my suite this month) show different channeles depending on whether you're watching in your room or the living room. The latter had more and that seems to be because they're user testing a new DirecTV product. Anyway, the point is, if you're staying here, you might find the living room TV has even more channels to offer.

4. Parking was painless each night. The lobby area is very comfortable. The Great American Grill in the Hilton Garden Inn right next door (the two hotels are joined at the lobby) has decent food, although I wouldn't at all recommend the desserts (esp. not the ice cream).

5. Housekeeping every day was flawless, without exception.

6. About the only issue I had with this hotel was that my suite, which was very clean otherwise, had the following two issues:
a. Small spider webs on the wall/ceiling on both corners of my bed (see pictures),
b. Bugs (yes, two moisture bugs! See pictures) -- one on a pillow on the bed one night after I got back, and another of the same kind on the wall right behind the bed. The bugs really bothered me quite a bit, but thankfully were an isolated incident. I called reception and was sent a customer service professional right away who resolved the issue, complete with an apology.

Still, overall, I had a pleasant stay, and I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Rockville area. Recommendations to management for potential improvement:

a. The rooms ought to be thoroughly inspected before being assigned. Perhaps the bugs can't be controlled 100%, but the spider webs should never exist the way they did in any corner of any room in any suite.
b. Offering room service for breakfast would be a major value-add.
c. The many pillows could be a bit more diverse in how firm they are. The ones I had were all rather soft, but it'd all be even better with more options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Inavigator,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to personally thank you for your in-depth feedback regarding your time with us. After reading your valued comments, it is clear there were many enjoyable aspects of your stay including the area we value the most, the overall level of service provided by our hotel team. I also wanted to extend an apology for any area where we were unable to exceed expectations during your stay, and would like to extend a personal invitation for you to reach out to me directly to ensure any issues you experienced during you stay, have been resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time and feedback! It would be our pleasure to be your host hotel when visiting the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Happy Holidays!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!