“Very appealing and Clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Maryland, Maryland
“Very appealing and Clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Room were clean, very appealing, free Wi-Fi, gorgeous bathrooms with glass showers!! Full kitchen! Comfortable and clean!
My husband came as a date night away from our babies! It felt like home! Service was great! Great location and safe! Elegant look inside rooms. Fairly new Hotel...I think 3 or 4 yrs old (and it shows!) Wonderful....Will DEFINETLY stay again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear, european_1_12,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg as home base for your weekend getaway! It was our pleasure to serve you. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the cleanliness of our property to our housekeeping team as they and each member of our team, take great pride in providing the best possible experience for our guests.

Thank you for your time and feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is the place to stay!! Location is perfect (near the hospital, GREAT restaurants, Giant Food, a large park, shopping, the highway and much more. The hotel looks brand new...very clean and well maintained. Our suite was spacious and quite. The nicest Homewood Suites we have ever stayed at. We will be back for sure!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear aandpscott,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to provide such glowing feedback on your experience with us. There is no more important tool we have than the comments of our valued guests. I am extremely pleased to see we accomplished our goal, which is to exceed your expectations each and every time you choose our hotel. My hope is we will have the opportunity to see you again soon, on your next trip to the area.

Thank you, and safe travels!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Positives- nice new hotel, good location, nice layout and many amenities,nice bar and restaurant,friendly staff other than the night staff, problems are fixable and hopefully will be addressed because it is a new hotel with many positives
Negatives- the night staff was rude and didn't want to be bothered, the biggest issue we encountered was the carpet in our room-it was rippling throughout causing my son to trip over it at night. It looked like it was relatively new just installed wrong...very dangerous. When we told the front desk the rude night auditor said they were just like that. I complained and only received 1/2 off one out of 2 nights. Apparently Satisfaction is not guaranteed at this Hilton property.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Lve2traw,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg. I am pleased to see there were many aspects of your experience that exceeded expectations, including our hotel staff, location, bar, and restaurant. I was also disappointed to see there were several issues you encountered during your time with us. Please allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you or any members of your party experienced as a result of the carpet issue and subsequent guest service issue you encountered. Thanks to you, both issues can be addressed and corrected for future guests of our hotel.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance today, or at any point in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to show you the service and experience we pride ourselves on providing to our valued guests, on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

As a long-time Hilton Honors member, I have stayed at a few Homewood Suites properties in the past, and layout-wise, this is not too different from the others in other states (or even countries). I knew what to expect and for the most part, got what I expected, which was just what I was looking for.

Here's a summary of some observations specific to this hotel:

1. First and foremost, I have to say the staff here are exceptional. From the front desk to the restaurant, room service, and housekeeping, there wasn't one person I came across for the duration of my stay of a week who wasn't professional, courteous, and purely customer-focused. This should be the single, most significant factor you should consider in favor of this particular hotel, and is why I'd gladly recommend it.

2. Breakfast served every day is served at great hours, beginning very early. The breakfast has decent variety and is included with the room price. I do wish they had room service for breakfast, but again, I knew exactly what I was getting into so it didn't bother me much at all.

3. The DirectTV boxes they have in the suites (or at least did in my suite this month) show different channeles depending on whether you're watching in your room or the living room. The latter had more and that seems to be because they're user testing a new DirecTV product. Anyway, the point is, if you're staying here, you might find the living room TV has even more channels to offer.

4. Parking was painless each night. The lobby area is very comfortable. The Great American Grill in the Hilton Garden Inn right next door (the two hotels are joined at the lobby) has decent food, although I wouldn't at all recommend the desserts (esp. not the ice cream).

5. Housekeeping every day was flawless, without exception.

6. About the only issue I had with this hotel was that my suite, which was very clean otherwise, had the following two issues:
a. Small spider webs on the wall/ceiling on both corners of my bed (see pictures),
b. Bugs (yes, two moisture bugs! See pictures) -- one on a pillow on the bed one night after I got back, and another of the same kind on the wall right behind the bed. The bugs really bothered me quite a bit, but thankfully were an isolated incident. I called reception and was sent a customer service professional right away who resolved the issue, complete with an apology.

Still, overall, I had a pleasant stay, and I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Rockville area. Recommendations to management for potential improvement:

a. The rooms ought to be thoroughly inspected before being assigned. Perhaps the bugs can't be controlled 100%, but the spider webs should never exist the way they did in any corner of any room in any suite.
b. Offering room service for breakfast would be a major value-add.
c. The many pillows could be a bit more diverse in how firm they are. The ones I had were all rather soft, but it'd all be even better with more options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Inavigator,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to personally thank you for your in-depth feedback regarding your time with us. After reading your valued comments, it is clear there were many enjoyable aspects of your stay including the area we value the most, the overall level of service provided by our hotel team. I also wanted to extend an apology for any area where we were unable to exceed expectations during your stay, and would like to extend a personal invitation for you to reach out to me directly to ensure any issues you experienced during you stay, have been resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time and feedback! It would be our pleasure to be your host hotel when visiting the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Happy Holidays!

Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites with my daughter for 2 nights in late October. I honestly can say that this was one of the most comfortable hotels that I've ever experienced. The room was large and had anyhing that we needed for coolking. Both the bed in the room and the foldout sofa bed were comfortable. The hotel was also very quiet.On our first night, we attended an event in Washington DC and returned late to the hotel. The parking lot was very full. After about a minute of searching for a parking place, a hotel employee came outside and pointed to us where we could park. We also took a Metro to DC. Hotel staff drove us to the Metro and picked us up as well. My daughter also really enjoyed the free breakfast. I found the employees at the servicec desk to be consistently helpful and personable. After we left the hotel, I realized that I had left my the pants to my suit in the room. I called the hotel the next day, and told them what had happened. My suit pants were sent back to me, free of charge, within 5 days.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Charlie S,

Thank you for your feedback, and for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during your most recent trip to the area. It was our pleasure to accomodate both you and your daughter, while visiting the many sights of the greater Washington D.C metro area. Your comments regarding the large full service accomodations our suites provide, as well as the quiet and relaxing guest environment with easy access to downtown Washington D.C. via our complimentary hotel shuttle, I'm sure will be helpful for many future guests of our hotel. I was also very pleased to see our staff achieved our goal of exceeding your expecations during your time at our hotel. If you or any member of your family ever return to the Washington D.C. metro area, it would be our pleasure to be your home away from home yet again!

Have a safe and happy holiday season, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Terre Haute
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I guess I expected perfection since I'd been told this hotel was rated number 1 last year. We used this hotel as a home base for our vacation as it was centrally located and had a kitchen which allowed us to economize. Many of the amenties are based on the business clientale, which also suited us fine. Our reservation for a double room was not available when we arrived and the front desk staff offered to put us up in the Hilton next door with a double. The problem was we planned meals around having the kitchen so we declined their offer and took a single bed with pull out couch for one night. I have to say the pull out bed was very lumpy and uncomfortable. The beds, however, were very comfortable but the pillows were too soft for me. I prefer a firm foam pillow.
We used the hot tub and pool almost every night. The hot tub was out of service our second night there, but was fixed by our next visit. There is a life guard on duty while the pool is open, which is a first.
The hotel has a list of other amenties like energy saving key card that must be in the slot near the door for the power to work, coin laundry, large fitness center, and complimentary breakfast, and some dinners throughout the week. There is a complimentary shuttle to the Metro station but we chose to drive as it wasn't that far.
The breakfasts were okay and met our needs. We partook of several of the dinners but if you don't get there early the food is cold and picked over.
Internet connection was free but we found it to be rather slow.
I also would have liked another trash can near the desk, but that's getting real picky.
All in all it was a very nice hotel. I would have liked some sort of compensation for our inconvenience the first night especially since we'd had the reservation for months. I would definately stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: We had rooms on two different floors and both were quiet, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear dmbakerphd,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville area. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. Our most instrumental tool is the voice of our valued guests, and we are committed to ensuring your feedback will be used to provide the best guest experience for each of our future guests. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our hotel location, spacious kitchen's, large 24 hour fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. I was also dissapointed to hear of your arrival issues, lack of comfort in your hotel suite, and of any inconvenience you or your party experienced due to the temporary repair of our whirlpool. I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for these issues, and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on any future stays in the Rockville area.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of any future assistance. Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Upstate New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had very high expectations after reading all of the reviews of this property and seeing their #1 rating with Tripadvisor. I would say overall this was a nice place to stay but my stay was not without its little issues that keep me from saying it is excellent.
So the good things, there was ample parking, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, coin operated laundry, pool, hot tub, newspapers at the front desk, included breakfast and included dinner (Monday thru Thursday). Our room was very comfortable and quiet and we had lots of room to spread out.
The few issues that keep me from saying this was an excellent stay...#1 I emailed the property prior to our stay to find out if the kitchen included an oven or just a stove top. I was told that every suite had an oven...I didn't see an oven in our room, thankfully I had prepared meals that could be fixed in the microwave and on the stovetop. #2 when we went to check in our 2 bed room was unavailable they offered to put us in a 2 bed room in their sister property next door but there would be no kitchen, they would store our refrigerated food for us until they could move us the next day, we opted to take a single bed room and a pull out couch(with kitchen) for the first night and then the hotel moved us while we were out sightseeing the next day. The move was very seemless and effecient but it frustrated me that our original reservation was not available when we arrived and that we were not given any kind of compensation for the inconvenience of being moved around. My last negative issue was that one evening when we went to use the hot tub it was out of service. It was fixed by the next evening but one of the reasons I chose this hotel was that it had a hot tub.
Overall, my stay was nice, the positives outweighed the negatives and I definetly would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear KB231blue,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville area. We appreciate your business and your valued feedback regarding your time here at our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay including our ample on-site complimentary parking, service oriented team, and our complimentary daily Suite Start breakfast and evening Dinner and Drinks (Monday-Thursday). I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the misinformation provided regarding in room ovens, and any difficulty you experienced during your arrival experience. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each of our valued guests, and our team is committed to providing nothing less during each and every overnight stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly prior to your next trip to the Rockville area, it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your next stay is exceptional.

Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!