“Our home base for a week in MD, DC and surrounding areas” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Upstate New York
“Our home base for a week in MD, DC and surrounding areas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had very high expectations after reading all of the reviews of this property and seeing their #1 rating with Tripadvisor. I would say overall this was a nice place to stay but my stay was not without its little issues that keep me from saying it is excellent.
So the good things, there was ample parking, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, coin operated laundry, pool, hot tub, newspapers at the front desk, included breakfast and included dinner (Monday thru Thursday). Our room was very comfortable and quiet and we had lots of room to spread out.
The few issues that keep me from saying this was an excellent stay...#1 I emailed the property prior to our stay to find out if the kitchen included an oven or just a stove top. I was told that every suite had an oven...I didn't see an oven in our room, thankfully I had prepared meals that could be fixed in the microwave and on the stovetop. #2 when we went to check in our 2 bed room was unavailable they offered to put us in a 2 bed room in their sister property next door but there would be no kitchen, they would store our refrigerated food for us until they could move us the next day, we opted to take a single bed room and a pull out couch(with kitchen) for the first night and then the hotel moved us while we were out sightseeing the next day. The move was very seemless and effecient but it frustrated me that our original reservation was not available when we arrived and that we were not given any kind of compensation for the inconvenience of being moved around. My last negative issue was that one evening when we went to use the hot tub it was out of service. It was fixed by the next evening but one of the reasons I chose this hotel was that it had a hot tub.
Overall, my stay was nice, the positives outweighed the negatives and I definetly would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear KB231blue,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville area. We appreciate your business and your valued feedback regarding your time here at our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay including our ample on-site complimentary parking, service oriented team, and our complimentary daily Suite Start breakfast and evening Dinner and Drinks (Monday-Thursday). I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the misinformation provided regarding in room ovens, and any difficulty you experienced during your arrival experience. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each of our valued guests, and our team is committed to providing nothing less during each and every overnight stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly prior to your next trip to the Rockville area, it would be my pleasure to personally ensure your next stay is exceptional.

Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the kind of hotel that warms the heart of the business traveler. The staff is friendly and the facility is clean, comfortable and welcoming. Even if you aren't setting up housekeeping, it's nice to have the kitchen and desk areas that are part of the suite layout. Free wi-fi and parking are much appreciated. Icing on the cake is having decent food and wine in the evening (week days) and a breakfast buffet--all included in the room price. The location is decidedly suburban, but other reviewers have commented on reasonable Metro access. I went for a walk in the neighborhood for some exercise and felt completely safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Partera_9,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. As a repeat guest, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your business and loyalty to our property. We pride ourselves on offering a full complimentary dinner each evening Monday-Thursday with homemade specialities made by our Executive Chef, accompanied by wine and beer selections. Our daily complimentary full hot breakfast buffet also offers a variety of options ranging from fresh fruit, oatmeal, breakfast breads and cereals, to homemade eggs and daily assorted hot breakfast options. I am also glad to see you were able to enjoy the many suburban walking trails throughout the local area. Keep in mind our large 24 hour fitness center is available for those rainy days!

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Have a great holiday season!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Excellent staff, warm & welcoming! Very clean, bright, large rooms. Maids are friendly and accommodating. Food excellent (except for the restaurant -- not that great..) But the complimentary breakfasts and dinner were fabulous. Shuttle service to the metro made it a simple trip each morning into DC for sight-seeing. I'll definitely put this hotel at the very top of my list when I go back to DC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Pat T,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Washington D.C. metro area. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your time at our property, and I wanted to thank you for providing feedback on your experience. Our team loves hearing feedback from our guests, and will be thrilled to see that we accomplished our goal of providing an exceptional guest experience for you. I hope you had a safe trip back to Wisconsin, and hope to see you again next time you decide to visit the D.C. area!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just returned from a vacation trip to the Washington DC area. We really enjoyed visiting many of the tourist sites in the DC historical area. We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Rockville, MD. After looking at hotels closer to the sites we wanted to see, we chose Homewoods Suites in Rockville due to price, proximity to the Metro and the the reviews on TripAdvisor. What a great choice! They really took great care of us. The free shuttle service to and pickup from the Shady Grove metro stop made the daily trip very easy for us. The rooms were large and very comfortable. The hotel provided a full breakfast, a very nice dinner each evening during the week including beer and wine. I want to sell my house and move to the hotel! It was absolutely the best place I have ever stayed in for a vacation trip! Definitely will look for Homewood Suites wherever I travel from now on.

Room Tip: We booked the standard one queen bed room and it was spacious with a full sized refrigerator, oven...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Bill H,

Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites on your trip to the Washington D.C. area. It was our pleasure to serve as your home away from home while visiting the metro area. I am very pleased to hear our close proximity to the Shady Grove Metro gave you convenient access to the many downtown attractions, and you were able to enjoy our daily Suite Start breakfast and evening Dinner and Drinks. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Washington D.C. or Rockville-Gaithersburg area and my hope is you and your family returned home safely to Wisconsin!

MIchael Anderson
Bethany Beach, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were in town for a wedding & all stayed in this convenient area in Rockville. As with Homewood Suites, a large refridgerator and microwave is standard -- love that, as no matter what hotel I stay in, I bring my own coffee pot & must have "my own half-&-half" that must stay refrigerated. But I digress! The overall hotel was very nice, altho I've stayed in better Homewoods in the sense that the rugs @ this one were kind of worn & our room was not "spotless" (you know, that ol' hair still in the shower area....c'mon cleaning people, that's a real no-no!). I also had the misfortune of losing my camera which I left in their lobby. I called the hotel while a bunch of us were out to dinner and I noticed I had left my camera behind with precious pictures already taken! Two times I was hung up on -- I'd like to think it was an accident, but when I finally explained for the THIRD time that I may have left my camera on a particular leather chair in the lobby, the girl at the front felt this phone call needed to go to another person. I only wanted someone to check really quick and that was only the first time I was hung up on (or disconnected - ?). Anyway, if I were at the front desk, I would immediately have checked the area. One of the girls took my cell phone number but never had the courtesy to follow up on that "promise." So while in a very noisy restaurant, I persisted with Homewood's front desk & got little satisfaction. ANYWAY, the overall hotel really was nice & there was a lovely girl that we did deal with who worked at the front desk, so I don't want to give the impression they were all not helpful. One NEGATIVE I will add, however, if Management cares to take note of, is during the breakfast frenzy, we noticed some "walk-ins" that we were sure were not staying at the hotel. I wouldn't ordinarily care but since we are "paying customers" & "walk-ins" are not, I think some of the "locals" take advantage of the fact that Homewood serves large breakfasts without anyone checking who belongs where, if you know what I mean!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Linnie D,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I see there were many positive aspects of your stay as well as some areas that need attention and improvement. We will use your feedback to improve our overall level of service and ensure our future guests receive the best possible experience at our hotel.

Thank you for your business and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is excellent. We stayed one night on 8/10/12. Room looked and felt like a $250 room. Quiet, refinded, relatively new. Free parking, in a very good area. Could not be better. I rate this hotel with 5 stars and a low rate

Room Tip: Request a room that is not near an elevator or an ice machine ....look for a higher level.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear BOBOIB,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent visit to the area. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that passes through our doors. I am pleased to see we accomplished our goal during your time with us. It would be our pleasure to be your host hotel for any future visits to Rockville-Gaithersburg, and the greater Washington DC area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can can ever be of assistance.

Thank you, and I hope to see you again soon!

New Hamburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the first week of June; we'd always wanted to visit DC with our children, ages 7 & 9. I was initially skeptical despite the glowing reviews, however, shortly after we arrived those fears were definitely forgotten. This hotel definitely does fulfill their motto of attempting to be your "home away from home". We were blown away! The staff are incredible, which I'm sure is a testament to how they are regarded by management. We interacted with Michael Anderson, Jason (shuttle driver), Ariel (intern-front desk) and Tuya (breakfast attendee). Two specific examples of staff going beyond are: Michael driving the shuttle bus himself to pick us up at the Metro stop during rush hour, and Tuya making fresh coffee for us and putting together special fruit plates for our girls. Our room was exactly as per the posted pictures, as was the rest of the hotel. The shuttle service, the food (morning and evening), the pool, the exercise room, the suite itself, the kids' games room were all wonderful. The grocery store is indeed close by, as are lots of eateries. We toured DC via Metro, Luray's Caverns and the Baltimore Aquarium. We highly recommend this particular hotel; You'd be hard pressed to do better!

Thank you, Homewood Suites, for making our stay fantastic.

Leaha and Mark Palmer

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Palmer,

I want to thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during your family trip to the D.C. area in June of this year. It was my pleasure to be able to interact with you personally, and I am thrilled to hear your entire experience at our property exceeded expectations. There are so many members of our team that make the service and experience we provide possible, and my sincere thanks for mentioning a few you encountered during your time with us. My hope is we will have the opportunity to host you and your family again if you are to return to the D.C. area. Thank you again for your time, feedback, and for having the opportunity to be your "home away from home" during you family vacation.

Best Wishes,

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!