“Washington DC Homewood Suites - Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Washington DC Homewood Suites - Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just returned from a vacation trip to the Washington DC area. We really enjoyed visiting many of the tourist sites in the DC historical area. We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Rockville, MD. After looking at hotels closer to the sites we wanted to see, we chose Homewoods Suites in Rockville due to price, proximity to the Metro and the the reviews on TripAdvisor. What a great choice! They really took great care of us. The free shuttle service to and pickup from the Shady Grove metro stop made the daily trip very easy for us. The rooms were large and very comfortable. The hotel provided a full breakfast, a very nice dinner each evening during the week including beer and wine. I want to sell my house and move to the hotel! It was absolutely the best place I have ever stayed in for a vacation trip! Definitely will look for Homewood Suites wherever I travel from now on.

Room Tip: We booked the standard one queen bed room and it was spacious with a full sized refrigerator, oven...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Bill H,

Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites on your trip to the Washington D.C. area. It was our pleasure to serve as your home away from home while visiting the metro area. I am very pleased to hear our close proximity to the Shady Grove Metro gave you convenient access to the many downtown attractions, and you were able to enjoy our daily Suite Start breakfast and evening Dinner and Drinks. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Washington D.C. or Rockville-Gaithersburg area and my hope is you and your family returned home safely to Wisconsin!

MIchael Anderson

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Bethany Beach, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were in town for a wedding & all stayed in this convenient area in Rockville. As with Homewood Suites, a large refridgerator and microwave is standard -- love that, as no matter what hotel I stay in, I bring my own coffee pot & must have "my own half-&-half" that must stay refrigerated. But I digress! The overall hotel was very nice, altho I've stayed in better Homewoods in the sense that the rugs @ this one were kind of worn & our room was not "spotless" (you know, that ol' hair still in the shower area....c'mon cleaning people, that's a real no-no!). I also had the misfortune of losing my camera which I left in their lobby. I called the hotel while a bunch of us were out to dinner and I noticed I had left my camera behind with precious pictures already taken! Two times I was hung up on -- I'd like to think it was an accident, but when I finally explained for the THIRD time that I may have left my camera on a particular leather chair in the lobby, the girl at the front felt this phone call needed to go to another person. I only wanted someone to check really quick and that was only the first time I was hung up on (or disconnected - ?). Anyway, if I were at the front desk, I would immediately have checked the area. One of the girls took my cell phone number but never had the courtesy to follow up on that "promise." So while in a very noisy restaurant, I persisted with Homewood's front desk & got little satisfaction. ANYWAY, the overall hotel really was nice & there was a lovely girl that we did deal with who worked at the front desk, so I don't want to give the impression they were all not helpful. One NEGATIVE I will add, however, if Management cares to take note of, is during the breakfast frenzy, we noticed some "walk-ins" that we were sure were not staying at the hotel. I wouldn't ordinarily care but since we are "paying customers" & "walk-ins" are not, I think some of the "locals" take advantage of the fact that Homewood serves large breakfasts without anyone checking who belongs where, if you know what I mean!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Linnie D,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I see there were many positive aspects of your stay as well as some areas that need attention and improvement. We will use your feedback to improve our overall level of service and ensure our future guests receive the best possible experience at our hotel.

Thank you for your business and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is excellent. We stayed one night on 8/10/12. Room looked and felt like a $250 room. Quiet, refinded, relatively new. Free parking, in a very good area. Could not be better. I rate this hotel with 5 stars and a low rate

Room Tip: Request a room that is not near an elevator or an ice machine ....look for a higher level.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear BOBOIB,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent visit to the area. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that passes through our doors. I am pleased to see we accomplished our goal during your time with us. It would be our pleasure to be your host hotel for any future visits to Rockville-Gaithersburg, and the greater Washington DC area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can can ever be of assistance.

Thank you, and I hope to see you again soon!

New Hamburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the first week of June; we'd always wanted to visit DC with our children, ages 7 & 9. I was initially skeptical despite the glowing reviews, however, shortly after we arrived those fears were definitely forgotten. This hotel definitely does fulfill their motto of attempting to be your "home away from home". We were blown away! The staff are incredible, which I'm sure is a testament to how they are regarded by management. We interacted with Michael Anderson, Jason (shuttle driver), Ariel (intern-front desk) and Tuya (breakfast attendee). Two specific examples of staff going beyond are: Michael driving the shuttle bus himself to pick us up at the Metro stop during rush hour, and Tuya making fresh coffee for us and putting together special fruit plates for our girls. Our room was exactly as per the posted pictures, as was the rest of the hotel. The shuttle service, the food (morning and evening), the pool, the exercise room, the suite itself, the kids' games room were all wonderful. The grocery store is indeed close by, as are lots of eateries. We toured DC via Metro, Luray's Caverns and the Baltimore Aquarium. We highly recommend this particular hotel; You'd be hard pressed to do better!

Thank you, Homewood Suites, for making our stay fantastic.

Leaha and Mark Palmer

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Palmer,

I want to thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during your family trip to the D.C. area in June of this year. It was my pleasure to be able to interact with you personally, and I am thrilled to hear your entire experience at our property exceeded expectations. There are so many members of our team that make the service and experience we provide possible, and my sincere thanks for mentioning a few you encountered during your time with us. My hope is we will have the opportunity to host you and your family again if you are to return to the D.C. area. Thank you again for your time, feedback, and for having the opportunity to be your "home away from home" during you family vacation.

Best Wishes,

Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you are anything like I was, you read all of the reviews for this property and figured that it was going to be a pretty good experience. I have to say I was wrong and the reviewers that have come before me were absolutely correct. The hotel is positively wonderful.

My first day to the hotel was not going well as they were working on the parts of the metro (Red Line) and it involved a significant amount of up and down escalators (broken) carrying my luggage. Luckily, the shuttle did not take long to pick us up after we reached the end. The first night there was on Sunday... so no supper offered. But, luckily there is a Safeway, and around 10-15 places to eat within a tenth of a mile. With a good sized kitchen with all required items in place (pots, pans, plates, glasses, etc.) you could shop for the fixins for a truly home cooked meal, or dine out. The Monday through Thursday suppers were quite good. The were free and everyone was in great spirits. This was where this hotel set itself off from all others. While getting something to eat I noticed a very nice gentleman speaking with several guests. I noticed that he had a name badge on, and to my surprise it was Mr. Anderson the General Manager. I have stayed in numerous hotels over the past ~20 years and NEVER saw a Hotel Manager simply out speaking with guests, enjoying the social interaction with his guests, and truly wanting to make their stay as perfect as possible. It wasn't like he was out there to address an issue that a guest had, it was simply his way of making sure that everyone was happy. (I think it was on Wednesday Night - he'd probably remember as I was so surprised when I saw him, I couldn't help mentioning that I recognized his name from his Tripadvisor responses)

Another positive I came across... the shuttle. I had scheduled a pick up for myself and another individual. At the spur of the moment I decided to take in the sights of DC and the other individual went to the hotel. The front desk staff noted that I didn't get picked up, and called me simply to ensure that I hadn't been missed, or needed something. They offered to come pick me up when I was done. Another time, I had the shuttle scheduled for approximately 5:30 PM, but I came back about 30 mintues early and the shuttle was tied up for about another 15 minutes or so. I didn't worry about it and simply told them I would grab a taxi. So a little later that night, I got another call just making sure that they hadn't failed me in someway and offered to make amends. I told them that I was flattered that they would even offer to do so... but also told them that they didn't need to do anything as it was purely my choice.

I wish I could point out specific members of the staff that went above and beyond to make this experience great, but it would not be fair... The best I can do is to simply say that everyone that works there contributed to the totality of me having the best hotel experience (from the housekeeping staff, shuttle drivers, front desk staff, and the individuals working in the food service area).

I also noted that on several reviews it mentioned that the A/C was noisy... It was definitely not noisy in my room as the unit was very quite and effective. There may be some louder units in the building, but I didn't hear one complaint, from any of the other individuals staying there that I had spoken with, about the noise.

I could go on and on about the positives - but many of you would have already moved on to the next review, so I'll stop here...

I will be staying there again, and the next time I'll be bringing the family...

Room Tip: Stayed in room 363. Supremely quiet, great AC, next to ice machine and elevators. It is one of two...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bryan B,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. It is reviews and feedback such as yours, that make the hardwork we put into making our hotels the best possible experience for our guests feel not like a job, but something we take pride and passion in delivering each day. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team, and to recognize their efforts in ensuring your stay was memorable. It was my pleasure to have the opportunity to meet you during our evening Dinner and Drinks, and I hope to have the opportunity to see you again, and meet your family during your next trip to the area. Thank you again for your time, feedback, and comments on your experience here with us!

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Clean, luxurious room with sofa, comfortable bed, microwave, fridge. Staff are friendly and efficient. The big bonuses were the free breakfast and the shuttle to the metro both ways. The hotel is far away from the main city centre but the free shuttle to the metro makes it easy. We did not have the tea/supper that is available for free Mon-Thurs but it seemed appetising enough! A short stroll away is a shopping centre with an Italian restaurant, Panera breads, Donut place and supermarket. We stayed here for 5 nights including during the storm on 29th-30th June. Most houses had lost power but we were comfortable with cool aircon.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Lela-UK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during last month's powerful storms that affected the D.C. area. I am glad to see our hotel location, complimentary breakfast, complimentary shuttle service, and hotel staff were all aspects of your stay that were able to add value to your experience. I am also sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy our evening Dinner and Drinks, offered complimentary Monday - Thursday for all hotel guests.

Thank you again for your time, and valued feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The property is fantastic for home and work away from home. Ideal room layouts with nice desk, lighting, and comfortable desk chair and bed. The workout room has a nice view overlooking the pool and the lobby living room with its large stone fireplace is nice for dining and for working on your laptop. Only complaint is this property did not have as many dinner side choices as other Homewoods that I've stayed at, but the food was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear CK Traveling Runner,

We appreciate you choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville area. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. One of the goals of our team is to truly be a home away from home for our guests. I was pleased to see your comments mentioned comfort and truly being a home away from home for work or pleasure, since that is truly what our hotel embodies. Thank you also for your comments on our fitness center and indoor heated pool. We know we are fortunate to be able to offer the accomodations we can to our guests, and are glad you were able to enjoy them during your time with us. We will also take your feedback regarding adding additional side choices to the evening reception to heart, and keep this in mind when preparing menu's for the upcoming months.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. I hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Rockville.

Have a great summer!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!