“Highly recommend this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Rockville
New Hamburg, Canada
“Highly recommend this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the first week of June; we'd always wanted to visit DC with our children, ages 7 & 9. I was initially skeptical despite the glowing reviews, however, shortly after we arrived those fears were definitely forgotten. This hotel definitely does fulfill their motto of attempting to be your "home away from home". We were blown away! The staff are incredible, which I'm sure is a testament to how they are regarded by management. We interacted with Michael Anderson, Jason (shuttle driver), Ariel (intern-front desk) and Tuya (breakfast attendee). Two specific examples of staff going beyond are: Michael driving the shuttle bus himself to pick us up at the Metro stop during rush hour, and Tuya making fresh coffee for us and putting together special fruit plates for our girls. Our room was exactly as per the posted pictures, as was the rest of the hotel. The shuttle service, the food (morning and evening), the pool, the exercise room, the suite itself, the kids' games room were all wonderful. The grocery store is indeed close by, as are lots of eateries. We toured DC via Metro, Luray's Caverns and the Baltimore Aquarium. We highly recommend this particular hotel; You'd be hard pressed to do better!

Thank you, Homewood Suites, for making our stay fantastic.

Leaha and Mark Palmer

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Palmer,

I want to thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during your family trip to the D.C. area in June of this year. It was my pleasure to be able to interact with you personally, and I am thrilled to hear your entire experience at our property exceeded expectations. There are so many members of our team that make the service and experience we provide possible, and my sincere thanks for mentioning a few you encountered during your time with us. My hope is we will have the opportunity to host you and your family again if you are to return to the D.C. area. Thank you again for your time, feedback, and for having the opportunity to be your "home away from home" during you family vacation.

Best Wishes,

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you are anything like I was, you read all of the reviews for this property and figured that it was going to be a pretty good experience. I have to say I was wrong and the reviewers that have come before me were absolutely correct. The hotel is positively wonderful.

My first day to the hotel was not going well as they were working on the parts of the metro (Red Line) and it involved a significant amount of up and down escalators (broken) carrying my luggage. Luckily, the shuttle did not take long to pick us up after we reached the end. The first night there was on Sunday... so no supper offered. But, luckily there is a Safeway, and around 10-15 places to eat within a tenth of a mile. With a good sized kitchen with all required items in place (pots, pans, plates, glasses, etc.) you could shop for the fixins for a truly home cooked meal, or dine out. The Monday through Thursday suppers were quite good. The were free and everyone was in great spirits. This was where this hotel set itself off from all others. While getting something to eat I noticed a very nice gentleman speaking with several guests. I noticed that he had a name badge on, and to my surprise it was Mr. Anderson the General Manager. I have stayed in numerous hotels over the past ~20 years and NEVER saw a Hotel Manager simply out speaking with guests, enjoying the social interaction with his guests, and truly wanting to make their stay as perfect as possible. It wasn't like he was out there to address an issue that a guest had, it was simply his way of making sure that everyone was happy. (I think it was on Wednesday Night - he'd probably remember as I was so surprised when I saw him, I couldn't help mentioning that I recognized his name from his Tripadvisor responses)

Another positive I came across... the shuttle. I had scheduled a pick up for myself and another individual. At the spur of the moment I decided to take in the sights of DC and the other individual went to the hotel. The front desk staff noted that I didn't get picked up, and called me simply to ensure that I hadn't been missed, or needed something. They offered to come pick me up when I was done. Another time, I had the shuttle scheduled for approximately 5:30 PM, but I came back about 30 mintues early and the shuttle was tied up for about another 15 minutes or so. I didn't worry about it and simply told them I would grab a taxi. So a little later that night, I got another call just making sure that they hadn't failed me in someway and offered to make amends. I told them that I was flattered that they would even offer to do so... but also told them that they didn't need to do anything as it was purely my choice.

I wish I could point out specific members of the staff that went above and beyond to make this experience great, but it would not be fair... The best I can do is to simply say that everyone that works there contributed to the totality of me having the best hotel experience (from the housekeeping staff, shuttle drivers, front desk staff, and the individuals working in the food service area).

I also noted that on several reviews it mentioned that the A/C was noisy... It was definitely not noisy in my room as the unit was very quite and effective. There may be some louder units in the building, but I didn't hear one complaint, from any of the other individuals staying there that I had spoken with, about the noise.

I could go on and on about the positives - but many of you would have already moved on to the next review, so I'll stop here...

I will be staying there again, and the next time I'll be bringing the family...

Room Tip: Stayed in room 363. Supremely quiet, great AC, next to ice machine and elevators. It is one of two...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bryan B,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. It is reviews and feedback such as yours, that make the hardwork we put into making our hotels the best possible experience for our guests feel not like a job, but something we take pride and passion in delivering each day. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team, and to recognize their efforts in ensuring your stay was memorable. It was my pleasure to have the opportunity to meet you during our evening Dinner and Drinks, and I hope to have the opportunity to see you again, and meet your family during your next trip to the area. Thank you again for your time, feedback, and comments on your experience here with us!

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Clean, luxurious room with sofa, comfortable bed, microwave, fridge. Staff are friendly and efficient. The big bonuses were the free breakfast and the shuttle to the metro both ways. The hotel is far away from the main city centre but the free shuttle to the metro makes it easy. We did not have the tea/supper that is available for free Mon-Thurs but it seemed appetising enough! A short stroll away is a shopping centre with an Italian restaurant, Panera breads, Donut place and supermarket. We stayed here for 5 nights including during the storm on 29th-30th June. Most houses had lost power but we were comfortable with cool aircon.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Lela-UK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg during last month's powerful storms that affected the D.C. area. I am glad to see our hotel location, complimentary breakfast, complimentary shuttle service, and hotel staff were all aspects of your stay that were able to add value to your experience. I am also sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy our evening Dinner and Drinks, offered complimentary Monday - Thursday for all hotel guests.

Thank you again for your time, and valued feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The property is fantastic for home and work away from home. Ideal room layouts with nice desk, lighting, and comfortable desk chair and bed. The workout room has a nice view overlooking the pool and the lobby living room with its large stone fireplace is nice for dining and for working on your laptop. Only complaint is this property did not have as many dinner side choices as other Homewoods that I've stayed at, but the food was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear CK Traveling Runner,

We appreciate you choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville area. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. One of the goals of our team is to truly be a home away from home for our guests. I was pleased to see your comments mentioned comfort and truly being a home away from home for work or pleasure, since that is truly what our hotel embodies. Thank you also for your comments on our fitness center and indoor heated pool. We know we are fortunate to be able to offer the accomodations we can to our guests, and are glad you were able to enjoy them during your time with us. We will also take your feedback regarding adding additional side choices to the evening reception to heart, and keep this in mind when preparing menu's for the upcoming months.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. I hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Rockville.

Have a great summer!

Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We just returned from visiting Washington D.C. for our first time. We are a family of four with a 13 year old and an 11 year old. There really isn't enough good we can say about this hotel and our trip. Our room was beautiful, the staff is wonderful, we had free drop off and pick up daily to the nearby Metro station, free breakfast and dinner buffets Monday through Thursday, free parking, nearby shopping and restaurants and anything else you could possibly want. A very special thanks to Raquel at the front desk. Upon finding out it was our daughter's 13th birthday, we returned that evening to find a beautiful fruit tray, balloons and a card. It was a very nice gesture on her part! If you are going to visit D.C., I would highly recommend staying here. This was everything we could have asked for and a lot more!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Kenny J,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your trip to Washington, D.C. It was our pleasure hosting you, your wife and your two children while you spent time sight seeing in the area. Thank you for mentioning Raquel, and ensuring she was recognized for her act of kindness towards your daughter on her 13th birthday. If you and your family choose to visit D.C. at any point in the future, we hope you choose us as your home away from here in the Washington, D.C. area.

Thank you, and have a great summer!

georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

the last time i had stayed at a homewood suites was 2 years ago and started staying more at embassy suites but this homewood where i stayed a week ago was very nice. the staff was very nice. the breakfast was very good. the pool area was nice. the rooms are also nice. the hotel is very clean. the location is also pretty good. if i am in the area i will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear jmanGeorgia,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, and welcome back to the Homewood family! A sincere thank you from our entire team for your feedback regarding our team members, and your experience here at our hotel. I am glad to hear we have done our part to build loyalty during your time with us. We look forward to the opportunity to see you again soon, on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We had a one bedroom fireplace suite. It's a nicely decorated, very clean, and quiet room. It had all the amenities we needed. The only two complaints about the rooms are the beds are way too firm and the A/C is very loud when running. We just kept the A/C off in the room we were in and had the one in the other room on and it worked out fine. The free shuttle to the metro was great. It's located near a lot of good restaurants (we recommend going to the Dogfish Head Alehouse the food and beer is awesome). Breakfast was very good with the exception of the scrambled eggs. The consistency was off and they tasted pretty weird. They had a good selection for a free breakfast. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The pool and hot tub have a life guard on duty which I think is a very smart thing for the hotel to do. Keeps the horse play to a minimum and makes it safer for the kids. The beds are the only thing that might make me choose a different hotel next time, neither my boyfriend or I thought they were comfy in the least. Otherwise it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear aliciacannizzo,

I wanted to thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay, and wanted to thank you for your feedback. I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the firmness of your in room mattress. Our goal is to make each of our guests experience at our property the best it can be, and we look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations on any future trips you may have to the Rockville area.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again!

Michael Anderson

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!