“Amazing Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 Attractions in Rockville
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Amazing Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I went here last week with a friend at 9am. After filling the the paperwork, we were met with our host who put us through a quick safety course. It was very informative and easy to learn. There were five teenagers in the group we were put together with, but our host kindly told my friend and I that we would be able to get in front of them since it was just the two of us.

After the safety course, we were off on our adventure! 6 courses, 6 zip lines. The obstacles were so much fun to go through, but by far the Tarzan swing being my favorite! Some obstacles were difficult, and at times gave you the option of taking the easy route out, or go the the hard way. But after the obstacles, there was the zip-line; the reward after hard work.

I can't say enough how much fun we had for those 2-3 hours. Best of all, you were completely on your own, it felt great having so much freedom. I would definitely recommend this place, and come here again!

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Myself my daughter and my son had the most fantastic time at The Forest of Dean Go Ape.
Amazing zip wires Tarzan jumps Tree tops activities.Jo our safety Officer she was very thorough and a delightful girl.I would certainly recommend going .We will go again for sure .

Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This attraction, by far, is one of the best short adventures I have been on. Myself and the family had no idea what we were getting into, My daughter, afraid of heights, had a wonderful time. My husband, a retired military man found it challenging but fun and my grandson 14, had a experience to tell when he returns home. Two and a half hours of going from tree to tree climbing swinging, zip lining, mazes and all kinds of in the trees apparatus. HIGH in the trees. Exciting, fun and a little scary. We even crossed a road and could look down and see the cars, The instructors let us be, but was always there if we got in a tough position, And they were GREAT! I felt the addrinalin as I climbed the trees and attached myself to zip lines. WOW....For mountain climbers, no big deal....for those of us that want a little adventure...THE BEST. We are going to do it again...and take a few friends with us. Better than an amusement park if you ask me....Ok the down side is......uhh.... you need upper body strength and good legs for climbing, OH and when you zip-line down, which you will do several time, use your butt.....less pressures on the knees :)

Silver Spring, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
“Fun afternoon adventure, for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I went to GoApe for a bit of weekend fun and exercise, expecting only ziplines. We were pleasantly surprised by the variety of crossings and obstacles (the Tarzan Swing and the crossing with the rings were my two favorites). Some bits require a tad more fitness than others, but overall I'd say most adults can handle the exertion.

The location is in idyllic Rock Creek Park, and is conveniently close to the Rio Center theatres and restaurants for a movie afterwards.

Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“The kids loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I took my 10 and 13 year olds on a weekday morning. Great time to go, with only 3 other people on the course. Instructions were thorough even my 10 yr old felt ready for the course after the orientation. We had a great time and loved the entire course!