“Push yourself - it's worth it!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Rockville
More attraction details
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Push yourself - it's worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

It was me (a somewhat out-of-shape almost 50 yr old woman) and my two teenagers. We've been ziplining before, but this is different and far more challenging. Lots of ladders to climb. But none of the obstacles was too much for me and we all had a fantastic time. If you take kids under 16 you must have an adult to kid ratio of one adult for every two kids, so don't plan on a big birthday party without additional help. You are responsible, after an exhaustive training session, for attaching yourself properly; there are no guides up on the trees with you. The course seems very well maintained and the staff are great. Lots of fun!

Visited September 2013

Annapolis, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was unsure at first because Imhave had cheesy or lame experiences with ropes courses for teambuilding events. But this was a lot of fun. Once you did the training in the beginning you are on your own to do the obstacles and they were really fun. Only downfall is waiting for the slower people in front of you.

Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“LOVED THIS PLACE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I can't believe I didn't review this place after we went! This was my 11 year old son's birthday gift. Spend the day climbing and swinging from trees and he couldn't have been happier! The staff gives you incredible instruction at the beginning and then they let you loose to climb and swing your way through the trees. It's great to be able to go at your own pace and not feel like you are rushed or not going fast enough for people. I do not like heights at all and had a great time. Next time I would want to stay at the bottom and take pictures and let my family do it. This is the place that my son asks to go back to again and again! We plan to take him next weekend!

Visited September 2012
Rockville, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Lots of Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It is hard to believe that all these outdoor activities are located in the midst of a wooded area of busy Rockville, Maryland! I went with my teenage daughter, and although was a bit pricy (about $100 for the two of us) , it really was a great deal of fun.
It is not a huge amount of exercise, though. (For that, the Billy Goat Trail is free and one of the area's great bargains.) But it is a great activity to do once every year or so or for a special occasion.

Steve

Visited August 2012
Rockville, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“average course, but worth it if you have never done it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

went as a company outing since it's a bit pricy for the scale of the course and the type of obstacles that you have to do on my own.

many of my peers commented that they didn't expect some of the obstacles that you have to get thru just to get a few seconds of ziplining down. the wait can be long if the people in front of you have a hard time climibing through the obstacle.

it's not all bad, still had a good time, but just got old after a few climbs. Def. worth a try if you have not done it.

Visited April 2013

Been to Go Ape!? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Go Ape!, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.