“average course, but worth it if you have never done it” 3 of 5 stars

+1 800-971-8271
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
Rockville, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“average course, but worth it if you have never done it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

went as a company outing since it's a bit pricy for the scale of the course and the type of obstacles that you have to do on my own.

many of my peers commented that they didn't expect some of the obstacles that you have to get thru just to get a few seconds of ziplining down. the wait can be long if the people in front of you have a hard time climibing through the obstacle.

it's not all bad, still had a good time, but just got old after a few climbs. Def. worth a try if you have not done it.

Visited April 2013

Lexington Park, Maryland
“a Mulchload of a good time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'll start off by saying that after sitting in the car for an hour, this was not exactly the birthday surprise I had in mind when we pulled up to the Go Ape building.

Once we got there though I knew my husband made a good choice. The staff in the cabin was very lively and helpful (and woke me right up). Once we had all the paperwork filled out our instructor, Michele was out to greet us. The moment she sensed my hesitation to go 30ft in the air, she reassured us with a fun 30 minute safety run through. It was to the T with everything we needed to know about the safety system. We were grouped together with a 10 year olds birthday party but our instructor put us at the front of the group so we were free to move as we please around the course.

On the actual course there were some physically demanding aspects but overall so worth the sweat (and a few whiny tears). One of the best moments of the day was when I was having a bit of a hard time stepping off the platform for what they call the 'Tarzan Swing,' Michele was right there beneath us encouraging me, she eventually got all the people on the site to do a count down "3-2-1 you can do it Anna!" chant and how could you know go after support like that? It was awesome. After that were places on the course where you could choose to do the hard option or an easier one, we did the harder ones and felt us feeling accomplished.

We really appreciated the certificates that they gave us and will definitely be back to redeem them. Overall [--] time, thank Go Ape for a great birthday!!

Rockville, Maryland
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was such a great experience. The prices are fair and the obstacles are WAY harder than they look. The staff was extremely friendly and really took their time watching you in the safety briefing before hand to make sure you knew what you were doing! Unfortunately the rain got too heavy so they had to stop us from finishing the course. BUT they offered us three options:
-Wait until the rain stopped
-Full refund in a gift voucher so you could come again
or
-Partial/Full refund depending on where you were on the course.
So I highly recommend it for the adventurous types who aren't afraid of heights!

Stevensville, Maryland, United States
“Go Ape Bear, DE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited the Go Ape in Delaware yesterday. Was unbelievably more difficult than expected. I have been zip lining in Costa Rica, but this is more like an obstacle course amount the tree tips with 4 great zip lines over the water. What a challenge! I thought it was easier jumping out of a plane!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Awesome place. Kids had a blast. Adults too! Each adult must supervise up to 2 kids so don't bring a group of kids unless you have adults to join you! Great time