“a Mulchload of a good time!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Rockville
More attraction details
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
Lexington Park, Maryland
“a Mulchload of a good time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'll start off by saying that after sitting in the car for an hour, this was not exactly the birthday surprise I had in mind when we pulled up to the Go Ape building.

Once we got there though I knew my husband made a good choice. The staff in the cabin was very lively and helpful (and woke me right up). Once we had all the paperwork filled out our instructor, Michele was out to greet us. The moment she sensed my hesitation to go 30ft in the air, she reassured us with a fun 30 minute safety run through. It was to the T with everything we needed to know about the safety system. We were grouped together with a 10 year olds birthday party but our instructor put us at the front of the group so we were free to move as we please around the course.

On the actual course there were some physically demanding aspects but overall so worth the sweat (and a few whiny tears). One of the best moments of the day was when I was having a bit of a hard time stepping off the platform for what they call the 'Tarzan Swing,' Michele was right there beneath us encouraging me, she eventually got all the people on the site to do a count down "3-2-1 you can do it Anna!" chant and how could you know go after support like that? It was awesome. After that were places on the course where you could choose to do the hard option or an easier one, we did the harder ones and felt us feeling accomplished.

We really appreciated the certificates that they gave us and will definitely be back to redeem them. Overall [--] time, thank Go Ape for a great birthday!!

Rockville, Maryland
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was such a great experience. The prices are fair and the obstacles are WAY harder than they look. The staff was extremely friendly and really took their time watching you in the safety briefing before hand to make sure you knew what you were doing! Unfortunately the rain got too heavy so they had to stop us from finishing the course. BUT they offered us three options:
-Wait until the rain stopped
-Full refund in a gift voucher so you could come again
or
-Partial/Full refund depending on where you were on the course.
So I highly recommend it for the adventurous types who aren't afraid of heights!

Stevensville, Maryland, United States
“Go Ape Bear, DE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited the Go Ape in Delaware yesterday. Was unbelievably more difficult than expected. I have been zip lining in Costa Rica, but this is more like an obstacle course amount the tree tips with 4 great zip lines over the water. What a challenge! I thought it was easier jumping out of a plane!

“Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Awesome place. Kids had a blast. Adults too! Each adult must supervise up to 2 kids so don't bring a group of kids unless you have adults to join you! Great time

Harwood, Maryland
“Great gift!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My mom had given my husband and I a gift certificate to Go Ape for Christmas, and we just got a chance to use it last week. We were completely unsure what to expect, but wow! This place was AMAZING! The staff was friendly and spent a good amount of time going over the safety rules before sending you out, leaving you feeling confident and comfortable in the trees.

There are six sites in all. Each site gives different obstacles, and each ends with a zip line to get back to the ground. Each site challenges you and makes you want to push harder- what a great workout!

We went on a Sunday afternoon and it was pretty crowded, but when the lines started to back up, the staff told us that we could re-do another site before moving on so we wouldn't have to wait in line. We didn't mind that, and because we did choose to go to another site, we never had to wait in line more than a few minutes at a time.

I definitely plan on returning soon- what a blast!

It was great for us as a couple, or we would love to bring our friends. I'm sure teenagers would have fun as well!

Visited June 2013

Been to Go Ape!? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Go Ape!, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.