“Adult and kid fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Attractions in Rockville
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
“Adult and kid fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We had an AWESOME time and would definitely go back. Staff was knowledgable and friendly. Keep in mind that the staff doesn't stay with you, so safety is #1

Visited May 2013

Olney, Maryland
19 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend time with my kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was at least 20 years older than everyone I met here. Wondered what I had gotten myself into. But I had a great time. We moved through quickly. Never had to wait more than a couple of minutes at each platform. Not strenuous but a little sore the next day. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Visited May 2013
Germantown, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“Great place and adventure with kids. Well worth the time and money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went with kids and all had a good time doing obstacles and zip lines. Great way to built confidence in young adults while having fun. Hours of fun... terrific place and well run.

Visited April 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great gift idea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a great experience-- staff is energetic & friendly. They train you and then you are off on your own (with some supervision). Definitely recommend to people looking for a few hours of adventure!

Visited April 2013
Alexandria
12 attraction reviews
“Amazing Activity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been ziplining twice, but neither of those times included a high ropes obstacle course or me securing myself to the ziplines. The ziplines, themselves, are not that high or long, but the obstacle course makes up for it. You climb high trees, cross crazy wooden bridges and swinging logs, and complete tarzan jumps into a net rope. You definitely get an arm workout in! They also have a skateboard zip which is really unique at the end. There is a skateboard on a zipline below you, so you actually stand for the first half of the zip and then zip regular the other half - it is pretty cool. The only thing I would recommend is going when it is a little warmer out. It is was in the 40's when we went and it was COLD and windy up in the trees, which was not always comfortable. Also, you do EVERYTHING by yourself. There is no staff attaching and detaching you from the ziplines, so safety really is #1 on this adventure. I don't think I have ever concentrated and triple checked my lines as much as I did during this course. Overall, two thumbs up; great activity; would DEFINITELY go again!

Visited March 2013