“Great place and adventure with kids. Well worth the time and money.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course

Ranked #1 of 15 attractions in Rockville
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: It’s not in the dictionary, but if it was, Go Ape would be described as a ‘tree top adventure’.That means we build giant obstacle courses up in the trees using ladders, walkways, bridges and tunnels made of wood, rope and super-strong wire, and top it all off with the world's best zip lines.We then equip people with harnesses, pulleys and carabiners, give them a 30 minute safety briefing and training and let them loose into the forest canopy, free to swing through the trees. Of course, instructors are always on hand, regularly patrolling the forests (not in monkey suits unfortunately!)The result is spectacular. The Go Ape experience gets the adrenalin pumping, gets people out of their comfort zones and above all (no pun intended), it’s just great fun.
Germantown, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“Great place and adventure with kids. Well worth the time and money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went with kids and all had a good time doing obstacles and zip lines. Great way to built confidence in young adults while having fun. Hours of fun... terrific place and well run.

Visited April 2013

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great gift idea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a great experience-- staff is energetic & friendly. They train you and then you are off on your own (with some supervision). Definitely recommend to people looking for a few hours of adventure!

Visited April 2013
Alexandria
11 attraction reviews
“Amazing Activity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been ziplining twice, but neither of those times included a high ropes obstacle course or me securing myself to the ziplines. The ziplines, themselves, are not that high or long, but the obstacle course makes up for it. You climb high trees, cross crazy wooden bridges and swinging logs, and complete tarzan jumps into a net rope. You definitely get an arm workout in! They also have a skateboard zip which is really unique at the end. There is a skateboard on a zipline below you, so you actually stand for the first half of the zip and then zip regular the other half - it is pretty cool. The only thing I would recommend is going when it is a little warmer out. It is was in the 40's when we went and it was COLD and windy up in the trees, which was not always comfortable. Also, you do EVERYTHING by yourself. There is no staff attaching and detaching you from the ziplines, so safety really is #1 on this adventure. I don't think I have ever concentrated and triple checked my lines as much as I did during this course. Overall, two thumbs up; great activity; would DEFINITELY go again!

Bethesda, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
“test your fears and strength”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went with a group of friends on a whim. Some of us were deathly scared of heights, some of us with a little weak upper body strenght and some of us just one generation away from being monkeys. All of us ended the courses with ear to ear smiles but some body parts sore. The favorite is the spider web that you just have to throw yourself at swinging from a rope. I didn't believe it when I first saw it. "you want me to do what?"...but within seconds of jumping off the ledge I realized that nothing can go wrong. I was good as long as I remembered to keep my harness locked. Trust me I checked and double checked each time and then just jumped.

I agree with other reviewers thought, the obstacle with rings is just impossible. I don't know how anyone gets across that one. The beauty of this course is that if you give up just let yourself hang and zip across.

If the course was cheaper I would go there every weekend.

Shepherdstown
“oooooo aaa aaa in the tree tops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We discovered Go Ape while visiting Eagle Creek Park, Indianapolis, Indiana back in November. Excitedly we learned of the Rock Creek Park course, located much closer to our WV eastern panhandle residence.

My husband and I booked a midday outing on Friday, March 15th, joining a three person team and a couple both from the DC area. We were greeted enthusiastically while checking in/ completing liability paperwork thence commenced training with an equally enthusiastic Danielle. A fellow working the course joined her in strapping everyone safely into their harness. She very simply explained the basics of always staying connected to ensure ones safety. The harnesses are equipped with two safety lines so following the simple concept of always be connected ensures a safe and fun adventure. At ground level we all experienced proper connecting and disconnecting and the different hooking required for ascending the ladders and the tarzan swing. We then proceeded to the first course where slightly above ground, we demonstrated proper protocols and we released to enjoy the "secure" sections of the course, having received the secret access code.

The three person team were out to move through quickly so we and the other couple let them soar. We moved through the course at our desired pace. At a certain point, the other couple allowed us to pass for they were enjoying an even more relaxed pace.

Gosh, how does one describe "fun?" It just is. We were at play, nested in the comfort of Rock Creek Park, ascending and traveling from tree to tree, knowing we were entirely safe for we always stayed connected. Danielle and other friendly staff roamed below, keeping an eye on teams progress and leveling the ?rip? line landing pads.

For those afraid of heights, as long as you are connected, the trees and lines have you so just play. Focus on the course and lovely views, not the ground Take the more strenuous options when presented and test yourself, expand that infinitely potential to go further than you've ever gone before. Upon completing the course, I was ready for another round, this time to see how much I could do with free hands.

There is a height requirement, possibly 4'10". We are in our late 40s and found the course fine although I noted at the rope web at the tarzan lines that I could benefit from doing some sit ups for a little stronger core.

FYI - Ample parking and no fee to enter the Rock Creek Park.