“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, United States
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived for our one night stay in Rockville and were greeted by friendly clerk. Our stay was up to the high standards of Hilton. This is a newer hotel. It is very clean and quiet. We would definately make arrangements to stay here again if our travels take us to Rockville again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hello Kurt S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that your family had an enjoyable experience. It's great that you found your stay to meet up to the high standards that Hilton is known for, that our front desk team offered a friendly greeting and that you found our hotel to be very clean and quiet. Thank you again for your feedback, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are visiting Rockville!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Visiting family the area and stayed 2 nights at the Hilton garden Inn. We were pleasantly surprised. The Inn is fairly new. Plenty of free parking. Room was very clean and nicely arranged. Bed quite comfortable. I was told that the duvet covers are changed as guests leave( I am strict about that). Was surprised to see that the mattress pad did not completely cover the sides of the mattress but probably because you can adjust the firmness of the mattress. Although I would have been happier to see it covered.
No free breakfast but very good buffet one offered for $12/pp. The staff will make you very good omelets as part of the breakfast and service is fast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear 4cheerysmile,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. Our complimentary parking, clean rooms, comfortable beds and delicious breakfast are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to come back. I'm sorry for the mattress cover. It is a fitted sheet that should cover the entire matress. While they do shrink after being washed so frequently, we should have taken action when your room was cleaned and inspected. I do appreciate your feedback, and it will help us ensure that our bedding is perfect for each guest. Thank you again for your feedback, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is very busy. When I arrived there was one person on reception who was amazing as she was dealing with guests asking directions to a party every few seconds as well as checking people in at the same time. I would have given a higher service rating on that basis but the woman on the desk the following morning was not at all pleasant. The room was clean but the cleaning staff obviously rushed had not put the mattress cover on properly so I had to do it myself. Gone 10pm the corridor was host to around a dozen unsupervised screaming children from around 6-12 years of age running up and down for around 45 mins. Room service was fast but the food was tasteless and over priced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear LondonGB,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent business trip to the area. I'm happy to hear that you were greeted by an amazing front desk team member, but I'm sorry that you did not have the same experience the following morning. Our hotel is busy, but it is no excuse to deliver excellent service or to ensure that rooms are perfectly arranged for your return. I'm sorry for the disturbance of the kids on your floor. We do our best to ensure a quiet and peaceful environment for all of our guests. Also, I'm sorry the food from our restaurant was not to your liking, and I definitely speak with our Chef. Your feedback will only help us to improve as we strive to prepare and deliver delicious food. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will consider our hotel during a future trip to the area.

COLUMBIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while visiting my daughter in Rockville. I was very pleased with the location and the facilities. We had a housekeeping problem (hair in the shower), but staff fixed it and comped the next breakfast. Otherwise, no issues. Staff was attentive after the first issue was fixed. The king bed was really comfortable and the furnishings were quite nice. I was also pleased with the price and the free parking. My daughter will be living in this area for the next few years. We will visit 2-3 times a year and this HGI will be my go-to choice.

Green Features: I do try to be environment conscious, but I do admit that it's a bit annoying that the HVAC shuts off when the room is vacated and it takes a while to get over the stuffiness when one returns. Probably selfish on my part...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SCShaker,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your trip to visit your daughter. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and facilities. I'm sorry you experienced housekeeping issues, but I'm glad our team quickly resolved and took care of breakfast for you. It's great to hear that our team was attentive and that you enjoyed our beds and furnishings in the room. It's also great that you found value in our price with our complimentary parking. We greatly appreciate your loyalty, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your wife back the next time you visit your daughter! Thanks again, and have a great day!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

A cousin (who's good at these things) booked three rooms for a group of us for two nights at this hotel. It was a cousins' get-together, with people arriving from 3 different states.

Our room was very comfortable and clean. Once I figured out that my bed was a Sleep Number adjustable bed, and I got the mattress adjusted, I had a great night's sleep. The amenities were as good as I've experienced in other Hilton Garden Inn hotels.

The service at the front desk was always pleasant and efficient during our stay. On our last morning we had breakfast in the hotel. I thought it was good value for the cost, and saved us the time to drive around to find a breakfast restaurant before we all hit the road.

Dear Toofargone,

Thank you (and thank you to your cousin) for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable, clean rooms, adjustable beds, hotel amenities, and that you found our breakfast to offer good value. Also, I appreciate your recognition of our front desk team, and I'm glad they took good care of you and your family. Thank you again for your feedback, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area!

Cork,Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here in February when it was constantly snowing. The rooms were lovely and cost at the time and nice to return to after being out all day.

The rooms were spotless, the bed was a massive king size with lovely soft pillows and bed clothes. There was also a flat screen tv and coffee and tea making facilities in the room.

I did think that the breakfast was a little expensive but at the same time it was all freshly prepared for you and plentiful. There are cheaper alternatives nearby if you feel it is too expensive.

Maybe it was because we were there in winter but the bar closed nightly at ten pm. I thought that with no where nearby it would have been worthwhile to leave it open for longer. Maybe summer time is different.

The staff in the hotel were very pleasant and couldn't be more helpful. There was also a free shuttle bus service to and from the nearest metro station which takes you into Washington.

There is also free parking available for those that travel by car and it is also close to the highway.

There is also an on sight indoor pool.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Yogs70,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn rockville during our snowy February! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and found them to be spotless. It's great that you also enjoyed our many in-room amenities. I appreciate your input on the breakfast cost, but I am glad that you found our food to be fresh and plentiful. Our bar does close at 10 PM, but your feedback will certainly be taken into consideration for time adjustments. I'm very happy that our team delivered pleasant and helpful service, that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle and parking, and our convenient location. These are all great reasons our guests continue to return, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Rockville area. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Big Apple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We spent a 3-day week-end there and found everyone to be helpful and friendly. We used the restaurant for breakfast and the bar in the evening. We were made to feel welcome and special. We would certainly stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear NYCJulia,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you found our team to helpful and friendly and that we made you feel welcome! Also, it's great you had the opportunity to taste our food in the restaurant and bar. Thank you again, and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!