“Wonderful Value in the Baltimore/DC area” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clinton, New Jersey
“Wonderful Value in the Baltimore/DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stopped here for 1 night on a recommendation from our daughter who stayed at this hotel a few times while visiting a friend in the area. Our stay was very pleasant as the room, restaurant, and overall hotel were lovely. We enjoyed breakfast before we left for Williamsburg. The front desk, housekeeping, and dining staff were friendly, helpful, and very competent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear jmu08,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and we are very happy that you chose to stay with us based on your daughter's recommendation (and we certainly appreciate her recommendation!). I'm glad that you enjoyed our rooms and restaurant, and it's always great to hear that our team was friendly and helpful. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Have a great day!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room here last minute and got a very good rate. For the money this is a newer, modernized Hilton Garden Inn with a Sleep number bed and energy saving features. The location is convenient to several restaurants, a Starbucks and the interstate. Our room was on the west side facing Shady Grove Rd (a main road) but we didn't hear any traffic noise. Overall a nice stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Jewelross,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Our convenient location and new, modern decor are definitely a few reasons our guests continue to return, and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon!

Rockville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Good value for money, I stayed here to attended a conference being held in the hotel. Very happy with all aspects of the hotel. I was offered a great rate due to the conference I was attending and they also gave me millitarty discount on top.

Dear Maxine S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the HGI Rockville! I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and found our hotel to provide good value. Thanks again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Rockvillle!

Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed for one night on a business trip. LOCATION: quite convenient (at least for me), relatively close to main roads. ROOM: I had a room on 2nd floor. It had the usual size; clean; no minibar or drinking water in the room. Bed good for my taste (quite hard, this is). Spotless bathroom (what a relief! after many disappointments with other mid-price hotels in the US). GYM: Too small indoor pool, probably meant for kids. Workout area small but well enough equipped. SERVICE: Both check-in and check-out swift and friendly. BAR: Quite nice, good bartender. BREAKFAST: Clean and well-enough decorated area, Buffet small but good enough; variety of fresh-by-order dishes (pancakes, eggs etc) delivered to your table (however, I could see that the service here failed a couple of times to bring an ordered dish to the right table - they were walking around with the dishes getting colder and colder....).

OVERALL: Good place for a night or two on a no-nonsense business trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear BjoernBS,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent business trip to the area. We appreciate your feedback, and I'm glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient, rooms to be clean, fitness center to be well-equipped and food & beverage service and offerings to be enjoyable. Also, I appreciate your recognition of our friendly staff, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Rockville. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Usually you can tell a bad hotel when you check in: the lighting is poor, the staff are unhelpful, the bar staff look grumpy, the carpets are worn. This isn't the case with the Hildon Garden Inn in Rockville, a town about 35 minutes north west by metro from Washington. The person at check-in couldn't have been more friendly: the bar staff were chatty and made good recommendations, the place was super clean and very well lit. The hotel staff we met couldn't have been nicer. So much for first impressions.

Sleeping was almost impossible. For a start, the air conditioning system is extremely noisy and when in desperation I hit the "Off" button and it fell silent, the thunderous fan started up again 2 minutes later. The walls are very thin. The first night a bunch of young people decided to have a party in the room opposite and on several occasions sat in the corridor, talking, eating and drinking, taking little notice of my requests they shut up. Someone near the room of a colleague of mine started to smoke pot and then, to hide the smell, sprayed perfume everywhere, producing a terrible stench. The second night the man in the room next to mine snored so loudly that I had to sleep on the floor by the front door to escape the noise. The hotel staff, while pleasant, seem pretty oblivious to what's going on at night. So if you stay in a hotel to get some sleep, I have to recommend you stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Faience44,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville during your recent business trip to the area. We appreciate your feedback, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, and clean, well-lit hotel. I'm very sorry for the disturbances you experienced in your room. I'm sorry that our A/C was not functioning properly. We appreciate the insight so we can address and resolve the issue, but I'm sorry that we failed to ensure the air was working correctly for you. Also, I apologize for the noise disturbances from our other guests. We strive to ensure a comfortable and quiet environment for all of our guests, and I'm sorry that we failed to do so during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

When we got to the room there was already a pack n play set up for our daughter. We called the front desk to ask for a sheet to cover the mat with and about an hour later someone called us back from the front desk to make sure it had been delivered and we were satisfied. We said we hadn't received it and minutes later someone came to the door and apologized for the delay. They accidentally went to the room above us. We were so impressed with the follow up call that we didn't mind at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amanda0220,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear that our team had your pack n play set up prior to your arrival. I'm sorry it took some time to deliver the cover (I hope it didn't delay your daughter getting to sleep!), but I'm glad we quickly delivered after our follow up call. Thank you again for your feedback, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Austin, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was staying at the HGI for 2 nights on business. Overall hotel was a positive experience. My only complaint was that the adjustable beds were incredibly uncomfortable. Ditto for the pillows. I usually find a couple firm, a medium, and a soft pillow on Hilton beds. I had 5 bricks on my bed this time around. This was one of the worst stays in terms of quality of sleep I have had at an American hotel. The rest of the hotel and it's staff were great. It wad just the bed and bedding that I regret. Sadly, that was what I was paying for.

Dear Rion D,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent business trip. We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very sorry that you found our sleep system beds and pillows to be uncomfortable. We understand the importance of quality rest, and each of our guestrooms are to be supplied with foam and feather pillows to ensure the comfort our guests deserve. I'm sorry that we failed to deliver. We certainly hope you will consider our hotel for your next business trip to the area, and our great staff will ensure your room is set up for a comfortable sleep. Thank you again.

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!