“Nice Hotel at a Reasonable Price” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Duluth, Georgia
“Nice Hotel at a Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I chose this hotel because parking was complimentary. I was in the area to visit the NIH in Bethesda but all of the hotels there charge for parking. By going out to Rockville the rooms were cheaper and the parking was free.The hotel is located in a nice business area and is easy to get to. The food in the hotel restaurant was just okay but beware that a sandwich will cost $12. We visited the fitness room and the business center and both were well stocked and useful. The only problem that I had was with the bathtub. It was very slick and there was no bathmat to use. After a near fall, I had to be very careful when bathing.

Room Tip: Inquire if they have bathmats for the bathtub.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Susan P,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during your recent visit to the area. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary parking, 24-hour fitness center and business center. I'm sorry that the bath tubs were slick, and yes, we do have bath mats available for use. I greatly appreciate your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bernardston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The service and location was just what we needed. The grounds were very nice and well groomed. Especially liked the outdoor grill that was opened to the guest. My only turn off was the allergic reaction that I had from the laundry service. I have stayed in other Hiltons in the same area without incident, but this time I am covered with welts and hives. For this reason I will not be back.

Hello George P,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during your recent trip to the DC area. I'm glad that you enjoyed our service, location and amenities, but I'm sorry that our laundry service caused an allergic reaction. We are committed to providing fresh, clean linens to all of our guests, and we hope that you would still consider our property for a future stay.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you are in or around the Shady Grove Hospital area in Rockville, you will be happy to find this great little hotel. It is conveniently located near a large shopping area with many stores and restaurants (walking distance) and very close to the hospital. The staff was warm and welcoming; and the room was very clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast that was very good and satisfying and did not "break the bank!"

Room Tip: They have a nice indoor pool and fitness center so don't forget to bring you swim suit!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hello drlynnrose,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel and that you enjoyed our convenient location, welcoming staff, clean room, and a few of the many great amenities our hotel has to offer. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel has a fantastic staff, they are very professional and helpful. We enjoyed the amenities and great location within walking distance to just about everything you could need (restaurants, supermarket, etc.) in the nearby Fallsgrove shopping area. Hope to have an opportunity to return in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Stevo-WHT,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our many hotel amenities and great location. Also, I greatly appreciate your recognition of our fantastic staff. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Rockville. Thank you again, and have a great day!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

It was clean, well organized and overall was a comfortable stay. The breakfast is a bit overpriced. The rooms were clean. Pillows were a bit too soft. It has a nice outside area to sit where you can take a drink from the bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Hazlet, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. Tbe location was great right on a main street so convenient to shops and restaurants. Our room was nice but on the small side. It had a coffee pot, mini fridge and microwave which was nice. My husband made good use of the desk. We had a king size bed which was one of those sleep number beds. I don't think ours was working because we didn't notice any difference between when it was set to all the way firm and all the way soft. In any case the bed was just OK. The pillows were feather pillows and we didn't care for them at all.

We ordered room service from the restaurant there. The food was good but definitely not worth the $35 for two cheeseburgers. Service was quick...we had our food within 30 minutes.

We stayed in room 113. I requested a low floor and I was happy that my request was granted. However, I believe that particular room backed up against the restaurants kitchen or elevator shaft or maybe both. It was just SO noisy! There was large amounts of banging behind the wall that our heads were facing. It seemed to quiet down some after around 11 or maybe a little later. But it started right up again by 5am. When we werent bothered by the banging noise, the constant on and off of the AC unit on the room was keeping us up so there was very little sleep going on in our room.

We didn't eat breakfast there in the morning so I cant ccomment on that. Check out was fast and easy. For over $200 a night I would have expected a little more. I will be traveling to that area every 8 weeks for at least 4-5 more times. Would I stay there again? If I received a discount code or something to reduce the price probably. And only if I was assured that my room would not be anywhere near the restaurant or elevator shaft!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Kerri124,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy that you found our hotel to be clean and location convenient, and it's great that you enjoyed the many in-room amenities that our rooms have to offer. I'm sorry for the noise that you experienced during your stay. I certainly understand the importance of a good rest when traveling, and I apologize that we did not provide a peaceful environment for you and your husband. We would certainly like the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are traveling to Rockville so you can enjoy one of our other 111 guestrooms that we have available. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Madison, WI, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've stayed at this location multiple times and it is always a good experience. The rooms are clean, the Internet never fails, the staff is great, and the food is good. It is close to the office and really provides all the services I need. The one negative is the shuttle - it is not as flexible as some hotels and I often opt for a cab just to ensure I can get in when I need in the morning. Otherwise, pretty great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Denise S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg, and I'm very happy to hear that you've had enjoyable experiences during your business trips to Rockville. Our clean rooms, complimentary high-speed internet, convenient location and great food are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. I'm sorry that you've encountered some problems with our complimentary shuttle, but please let us know when you need to get to the office upon your arrival, and we will be happy to schedule a shuttle time. I really appreciate your recognition of our great staff, and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!