“Nice hotel...but some issues!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Hazlet, New Jersey
“Nice hotel...but some issues!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. Tbe location was great right on a main street so convenient to shops and restaurants. Our room was nice but on the small side. It had a coffee pot, mini fridge and microwave which was nice. My husband made good use of the desk. We had a king size bed which was one of those sleep number beds. I don't think ours was working because we didn't notice any difference between when it was set to all the way firm and all the way soft. In any case the bed was just OK. The pillows were feather pillows and we didn't care for them at all.

We ordered room service from the restaurant there. The food was good but definitely not worth the $35 for two cheeseburgers. Service was quick...we had our food within 30 minutes.

We stayed in room 113. I requested a low floor and I was happy that my request was granted. However, I believe that particular room backed up against the restaurants kitchen or elevator shaft or maybe both. It was just SO noisy! There was large amounts of banging behind the wall that our heads were facing. It seemed to quiet down some after around 11 or maybe a little later. But it started right up again by 5am. When we werent bothered by the banging noise, the constant on and off of the AC unit on the room was keeping us up so there was very little sleep going on in our room.

We didn't eat breakfast there in the morning so I cant ccomment on that. Check out was fast and easy. For over $200 a night I would have expected a little more. I will be traveling to that area every 8 weeks for at least 4-5 more times. Would I stay there again? If I received a discount code or something to reduce the price probably. And only if I was assured that my room would not be anywhere near the restaurant or elevator shaft!!

• Stayed June 2013
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Kerri124,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy that you found our hotel to be clean and location convenient, and it's great that you enjoyed the many in-room amenities that our rooms have to offer. I'm sorry for the noise that you experienced during your stay. I certainly understand the importance of a good rest when traveling, and I apologize that we did not provide a peaceful environment for you and your husband. We would certainly like the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are traveling to Rockville so you can enjoy one of our other 111 guestrooms that we have available. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Madison, WI, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've stayed at this location multiple times and it is always a good experience. The rooms are clean, the Internet never fails, the staff is great, and the food is good. It is close to the office and really provides all the services I need. The one negative is the shuttle - it is not as flexible as some hotels and I often opt for a cab just to ensure I can get in when I need in the morning. Otherwise, pretty great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Denise S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg, and I'm very happy to hear that you've had enjoyable experiences during your business trips to Rockville. Our clean rooms, complimentary high-speed internet, convenient location and great food are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. I'm sorry that you've encountered some problems with our complimentary shuttle, but please let us know when you need to get to the office upon your arrival, and we will be happy to schedule a shuttle time. I really appreciate your recognition of our great staff, and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

IAD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We selected this hotel for my daughter's wedding because of proximity and positive feedback on trip advisor. Hotel is clean, good location, BUT we went in person and prepaid rooms/all charges for our guests only to receive phone calls after the wedding that the our guests had been charged for the rooms we prepaid. Even though we spent over one hour at the front desk prepaying each folio, we were double changed for all prepaid rooms. It has been over one week and the hotel has not been able to reserve the charges. I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with most incompetent front desk and accounting staff I have encountered. I was told old my 80 year old father had to call his bank and authorize the hotel to reverse the charges. I have asked on numerous occasions to have the GM return my calls, but it has not happened. I will never give my business to a Hilton property again. This type of customer service is inexcusable. I patiently await a call from the GM Michael Anderson to see if he is capable to sorting out this mess. My next call is to Hilton Corporate to plead with them for assistance. Consumers have choices and my next stay will be with Hyatt! They even messed up the complimentary shuttles for our guests - we pre-booked only to find the reservations had disappeared. More time spent sorting out their mistake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear borntovacationiad,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very sorry for the issues that you encountered with our hotel, and there is certainly no excuse. We strive to deliver the exceptional service that our guests deserve and that Hilton is known for, and I sincerely apologize that we failed to do so. We certainly understand that you have a choice in selecting hotel accommodations, and I hope that you will consider the thousands of excellent Hilton properties worldwide for your future travel needs. Thank you again for your feedback.

Crossville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. The staff was extremely helpful with our stay. The hotel is very close to the Metro which is a quick and easy ride to Washington DC. Also the hotel is close to a nice area center for food and gifts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello Joseph W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and staff to be helpful, a few of the many reasons our guests continue to come back. I'm also glad that you also took advantage of our convenient location to the Metro for easy Washington D.C. access. We greatly appreciate your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the D.C. area.

pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel was clean and ideally located to shopping center which had a number of restaurant options. It was very quiet and you could not hear any noise from neighboring guests as they showered or entered their rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello James H,

Thank you for choosing the HGI Rockville-Gaithersburg for your recent trip to Rockville. Our convenient location and peaceful, welcoming atmosphere are just a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. We hope to welcome you and your family back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Fort St John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of its location by the Shady Grove hospital. We were thoroughly impressed. The free shuttle bus will take you to the metro or restaurants in the area. The hotel is stylish and very clean. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Rooms are excellent - beds are very comfortable. Our only comment would be that they should clearly explain that you can get the continental breakfast for a reduced price. However, the hot breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hello Patti K,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our great location, stylish and clean decor, comfortable beds and friendly staff. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our made-to-order breakfast, and we will certainly work on our communication regarding available breakfast options. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area.

Potomac, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We are locals that had an issue at our home that warranted our need to stay at the HGI. It is only about 6 minutes from our house so it was a no brainer. The staff was very nice and accommodating. From the moment we stepped to the desk to the moment we left the lobby our stay was outstanding. The rooms are very nicely decorated and the hotel is very easy to navigate. Dinner was excellent and we had a pleasant breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hello Melissa W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent local trip to Rockville! I'm very happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable experience. Our accommodating staff, welcoming decor and excellent restaurant selections are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to come back. We hope you will visit us again for breakfast or dinner, or if you are ever in need of local hotel accommodations again in the future. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!