“Great hotel but breakfast not included” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“Great hotel but breakfast not included”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice clean hotel, friendly service and I like their eco clean philosophy throughout my stay (swipe card in/out of the slot to save energy in the room) and towels, linens only washed when you say so, also saves on environment & gallons of water. Bit disappointed that there was no simple breakfast options included in cost of room so we could just grab something & go. However the $12/person hot breakfast was delicious! Bed mattress was a bit too firm for me. Overall I would stay here again though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello HGI Traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and I greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our green technology and energry conservation, our breakfast and our sleep system beds. Though our breakfast is not included, I'm glad you found it to be delicious, and we do also always carry smaller items (yogurts, fruits, juice) in our Pantry. Also, I'm sorry the bed was a bit firm for your liking, and I apologize if we did not inform you of our Garden Sleep System adjustable beds. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again so you can enjoy our Pantry, Adjustable Beds and many of the other great amenities the Hilton Garden Inn has to offer. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Single nights stay, king room overall solid property which I enjoyed very much. As I have said before the HGI product is perfect for both pleasure and business.

Property is clean and modern, 3 years old from lobby to room itself. Showing a little wear on walls and some of the furniture but overall very nice.

Service from start to finish was good, not great and over the top but good all around. The one thing I found that keeps it from top notch for example was the trash outside the elevator on floor 4 was overflowing from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. Buttons on elevator had hands prints and looked gross the entire stay, nobody around cleaning??

Nice gym in lower level, shared with the connected Homewood, tended to be a bit busy as well the pool with families. Breakfast was yummy and well catered.

Parking plentiful and close to shops and places to eat. Right off major roadways. Great for any type of stay.

Stay again, sure thing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello 2worldtravelersnj,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear that you had a solid stay at our HGI in Rockville. I greatly appreciate your input, and we strive to keep our property clean and new in order to maintain our modern look and feel. There is certainly no excuse for overflowed trash and prints on the elevator, and we will continue to work with our team to ensure our hotel is clean and fresh for all of our guests. I'm happy that you enjoyed our fitness center and breakfast, and we will definitely work even harder to ensure we deliver over the top service for the next time you visit the Rockville area. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is near a mall with all that has great restaurants and even a big grocery store.
Very quiet to get rest when needed. Breakfast was great, but it opens too late for me. Would like to see it open at 6:00 am. Would not like to see kitchen staff blowing their nose in kitchen window area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear masacote1,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see you were able to gain valuable rest while with us, and that our adjacent Fallsgrove Complex with over 26 restaurants and shops were a convenient amenity during your stay. I also wanted to thank you for your feedback on our wonderful made to order breakfast served daily, and will certainly share your comments regarding our weekend breakfast times with our executive chef for further consideration.

Thank you again for your feedback, and for your business. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I would like to take time to acknowledge your fine staff. Princess and I stayed in your Hotel on Friday March 22-25. We were treated with uncoditional love and support for my daughter.

I would like to acknowledge Saron, Cindy, Amanda, Kate, and DJ, and entire kitchen staff, as a stand out staffs as well. I would also like to give recognition to the entire staff who worked that entire weekend; whom I don't know by name and went out of their way to showcase their hospitalitiy toward my three year old daughter. Also want to thank Stephanie for making us feel comfortable during our entire stay.

I would like to also acknowledge the staff who cleaned our windshield during the snow on Monday as well.

You guys were great, we appreciate you guys so much, and look forward to staying their in the near future!

Thanks,
TEZ

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tez,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay from March 22-25 at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. Our entire hotel team devotes each day to our guests, and hearing that one of our guests had an experience like yours, were several team members were able to make a personal impact on your time at our hotel makes our work worth while. My hope is we will have the opportunity to see you and your daughter Princess, in the near future.

Have an excellent spring, and I look forward to seeing both of you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great experience. Good looking hotel. Well laid out. Rooms are very very comfortable. Great staff at the front desk, bar, restaurant and breakfast staff. Rooms were clean and spacious. Well appointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear 60898mmor,

Thank you your feedback regarding your time here at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. It was our pleasure to serve you. We pride ourselves on providing 5 star service and excellent accomodations. I am pleased to see not only our property, but also our hotel staff were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you also for your comments regarding our on property bar. With a great wine selection, drafts and bottles, as well as made to order cocktails by Katie, our guests seem to enjoy their time spent at the bar each time they visit.

I hope to see you again soon on your next visit to the area. Have a wonderful spring!

Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. Room comfortable, staff friendly. The breakfast and dinner service is great - food excellent, besides the french fries (made with old, burned oil). The beds are very comfortable and provide controls to adjust the mattress to your liking.
I discounted for sleep quality, due to air exchange. This factor seems to be problematic with a lot of hotels, hotel chains. In case of this Hilton hotel, the air exchange shuts off in the middle of the night, air gets heavy and wakes you up.
However, I found out that the windows can be opened (impossible in most of the hotels), so one can maintain fresh air supply and get some rest. Too bad I realized it on my last night here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sla K,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn on your recent trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. I appreciate your feedback regarding your time at our property, and am very pleased to see the cleanliness of our property, as well as breakfast and dinner service at our Great American Grill Restaurant and Bar exceeded your expectations. Our houskeeping team, as well as Chef Tom, take great pride in providing the best possible experience for each of our valued guests. I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the less than satisfactory french fries you encountered. Our shoe string fries are generally cooked just right with a light coating of salt and are a hit with our guests. I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of your in room ventilation system. The unit is designed to shut off once the room reaches the desired set point temperature, and engage once the in room temperature varies outside the desired temperature selected by our guests. I will ensure our engineering team follows up to ensure the unit in your assigned guestroom is function optimally for current and future guests.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The title kind of says it all. We were in town visiting some friends and stayed here for a night. The hotel was just what you would expect from a Hilton. The entire hotel is very clean. The room was spotless and we had a nice comfortable king bed and a nice flat screen tv to look at. There is a restaurant and bar but we did not try those. We will definitely be staying here again. Book it, you will be very happy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Beander,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I wanted to personally thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. One of the most important factors when selecting a hotel is the cleanliness of a property, and our team takes great pride in keeping both our guestrooms and public areas spotless for our valued guests. On your next trip to the area, I would recommend trying our new menu in our Great American Grill and Bar. We offer a variety of local as well as classic selections for both breakfast and dinner including daily room service!

We hope to see you again soon!