“Very good stay at new hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Congers, New York
“Very good stay at new hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed two nights at this hotel for business in the area. Overall, have very little to complain about here -- room was adequate and clean, and service was friendly.

LOCATION: Located on Shady Grove Blvd., a main drag through the area, the hotel is situated very conveniently to many restaurants and shops. We made the trip into Downtown, DC twice, and the Shady Grove train station is easily accessed by car 3-1/2 miles away. I overheard one guest requesting a shuttle to the train station, so I suppose that's an option, too. The train ride itself was about 45 minutes, making it not the most convenient hotel if DC sightseeing is the purpose of your trip, but for us, it was fine. Also not too far from the beltway, making getting in and out of this place a breeze.

ROOM: The room was spotlessly clean and very well appointed - microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, hairdryer, in-room safe, basic toiletries and fluffy towels were all provided. The bed was very comfortable. I think that the only thing that might be missing were fluffy bathrobes. It's hard to have a complaint about new construction done well!

BREAKFAST: Breakfast was not included in our room rate, but we did have breakfast at the hotel one morning. It was adequate, but nothing noteworthy. For $7, I got the continental buffet (normal assortment of cereal, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, etc.), and for $12 my husband opted for the full buffet because it included a freshly made omelette. For convenience it's fine, but if you want a breakfast treat, look elsewhere. Food pretty standard.

VALUE: One of the main reasons that we stayed here was because of the price -- it was one of the cheapest options in the area. For that reason, I'll have to say that it was a good value, but was still surprised about how much our stay cost in a suburb of DC. At room rates of $175-$200 a night outside of a tourist area, it's not exactly a bargain.

Overall, we'd stay here again if needing to be in the area for business. If a trip to DC was our focus, I'd opt for something closer. It's not that inconvenient, but I'm sure there are better options for Downtown DC proximity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Amush,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, and that you found our location to be convenient for your business trip, our service to be friendly and our room to be clean. You also overheard the guest correctly, as we do offer complimentary shuttle service to the Metro station and local area within 3 miles. I'm sorry that our breakfast did not exceed your expectations, and we will certainly work our quality and variety of items in order to improve our offerings. Thank you so much again for your feedback, and we definitely hope to have the opportunity to welcome back you and your husband during your next trip to Rockville. Have a great day!

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Middleburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our stay was nice. The hotel is very clean and the entire staff has a great repore. Everyone was helpful, from the front desk clerk to the house keeping staff. The only problem we experienced was the sheets being too small for the bed. However, the room was clean so we didn't bother to complain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Hilton Garden Inn Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the helpfulness of our staff. I'm sorry that the sheets were too small for the bed, but I appreciate your input and we will certainly work with our housekeeping team to ensure proper bedding goes into all of our guestrooms. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Have a great day!

New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a lovely 3-day stay here. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and accommodating, the pool was fine, and even dinner at the restaurant was good. I'd definitely recommend it. We actually had checked into the Best Western down the street, but checked out a few hours later because it was so so grimy. We made a quick reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street and were thrilled to stay there instead.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hello HGI Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Rockville. I'm very happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and staff to be friendly and accommodating. Our pool and excellent dinner option at the Great American Grill are a few of the many reasons our guests continue to visit our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity welcome you back again soon too! Thank you for your feedback, and have a great day!

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights on a trip to DC. We chose to stay in Rockville because we had friends we wanted to visit at the same time.
The hotel is pretty new and clean. The room was nice enough, plenty of plugs to charge electronics, and a decent TV. There was a fridge and microwave included. Also, the hotel was pretty quiet in general although there is noise that comes in from the cars driving by on the road just outside the room. Also, the amount of noise coming from the fridge and heating unit was incredible. We had to turn the heater off just so we could talk/hear each other.
On the surface, this hotel seems ok and if you do not ask much you might enjoy your stay. However we found our stay kind of frustrating. Check in took a while because the lady at the front desk chose to answer the phone and speak to the person on the phone for a good 5 minutes before helping us even though we were there before the phone rang. We were never told where the pool or workout facility was, never told what time breakfast was being served or acknowledged as Hilton Honors members. The water in the pool was cold and the first night there were no towels. The lifeguard (who barely spoke any English) said he called for towels but surprisingly they never showed up so we had to walk through the hotel dripping wet and cold. The cleaning staff also barely speaks English so if you need something they just smile and shake their heads but have no idea what you are talking about. It got old after a while. Only so far smiling can take you.
Also, for families heading to DC keep in mind it will take almost an hr from the hotel to downtown. The Shuttle service was a bit of a joke. Always stuck in traffic or taking other groups shopping. We just tried to avoid any contact with any staff members until we checked out.
We would not stay here again because it was too far from DC. We would try to stay closer to downtown. This could be a great hotel and I am sure there are people who work there who care, we just did not meet them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Idepmom,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very sorry for the issues that your encountered during your time at our hotel. I certainly understand the importance of a quiet room, and I apologize that the HVAC unit and refrigerator caused so much noise. We check and maintain our equipment on a regular basis, and we will certainly ensure we fix the issue in your room. Also, I'm sorry that you were frustrated with your experience due to lack of service from our Front Desk, Pool, Housekeeping and Shuttle. We pride ourselves in delivering exceptional service in all areas of our hotel, and I'm very sorry that we failed to deliver that experience during your stay. We will continue to train our team members to not only provide friendly service, but to anticipate guest needs and make every experience a memorable one. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

MIchael Anderson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hotel was easy to find right off the Hwy. Check in was slow but clerk was very apologetic. Room was surprisingly pleasing. It was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was bigger than expected(walk-in shower). Comfortable, adjusting bed. Helpful, courteous staff. Would definitely return to this hotel. Shopping center w/restaurants and grocery store next to hotel. Only complaint was I wish they offered a complimentary breakfast. Overall, it was a safe, clean hotel.

Hello Hilton Garden Inn Traveler,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during your recent trip to the Rockville area. I apologize that your arrival experience was slow, and we will continue to work on our efficiency at the Front Desk. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms, our convenient location, and our helpful and courteous staff. These are just a few of the many reasons our guests continue to come back! We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Rockville. Thank you!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice clean hotel, friendly service and I like their eco clean philosophy throughout my stay (swipe card in/out of the slot to save energy in the room) and towels, linens only washed when you say so, also saves on environment & gallons of water. Bit disappointed that there was no simple breakfast options included in cost of room so we could just grab something & go. However the $12/person hot breakfast was delicious! Bed mattress was a bit too firm for me. Overall I would stay here again though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello HGI Traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and I greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our green technology and energry conservation, our breakfast and our sleep system beds. Though our breakfast is not included, I'm glad you found it to be delicious, and we do also always carry smaller items (yogurts, fruits, juice) in our Pantry. Also, I'm sorry the bed was a bit firm for your liking, and I apologize if we did not inform you of our Garden Sleep System adjustable beds. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again so you can enjoy our Pantry, Adjustable Beds and many of the other great amenities the Hilton Garden Inn has to offer. Thanks again, and have a great day!

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Single nights stay, king room overall solid property which I enjoyed very much. As I have said before the HGI product is perfect for both pleasure and business.

Property is clean and modern, 3 years old from lobby to room itself. Showing a little wear on walls and some of the furniture but overall very nice.

Service from start to finish was good, not great and over the top but good all around. The one thing I found that keeps it from top notch for example was the trash outside the elevator on floor 4 was overflowing from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. Buttons on elevator had hands prints and looked gross the entire stay, nobody around cleaning??

Nice gym in lower level, shared with the connected Homewood, tended to be a bit busy as well the pool with families. Breakfast was yummy and well catered.

Parking plentiful and close to shops and places to eat. Right off major roadways. Great for any type of stay.

Stay again, sure thing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello 2worldtravelersnj,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear that you had a solid stay at our HGI in Rockville. I greatly appreciate your input, and we strive to keep our property clean and new in order to maintain our modern look and feel. There is certainly no excuse for overflowed trash and prints on the elevator, and we will continue to work with our team to ensure our hotel is clean and fresh for all of our guests. I'm happy that you enjoyed our fitness center and breakfast, and we will definitely work even harder to ensure we deliver over the top service for the next time you visit the Rockville area. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!