“Just okay due to service issues” 3 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Just okay due to service issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights on a trip to DC. We chose to stay in Rockville because we had friends we wanted to visit at the same time.
The hotel is pretty new and clean. The room was nice enough, plenty of plugs to charge electronics, and a decent TV. There was a fridge and microwave included. Also, the hotel was pretty quiet in general although there is noise that comes in from the cars driving by on the road just outside the room. Also, the amount of noise coming from the fridge and heating unit was incredible. We had to turn the heater off just so we could talk/hear each other.
On the surface, this hotel seems ok and if you do not ask much you might enjoy your stay. However we found our stay kind of frustrating. Check in took a while because the lady at the front desk chose to answer the phone and speak to the person on the phone for a good 5 minutes before helping us even though we were there before the phone rang. We were never told where the pool or workout facility was, never told what time breakfast was being served or acknowledged as Hilton Honors members. The water in the pool was cold and the first night there were no towels. The lifeguard (who barely spoke any English) said he called for towels but surprisingly they never showed up so we had to walk through the hotel dripping wet and cold. The cleaning staff also barely speaks English so if you need something they just smile and shake their heads but have no idea what you are talking about. It got old after a while. Only so far smiling can take you.
Also, for families heading to DC keep in mind it will take almost an hr from the hotel to downtown. The Shuttle service was a bit of a joke. Always stuck in traffic or taking other groups shopping. We just tried to avoid any contact with any staff members until we checked out.
We would not stay here again because it was too far from DC. We would try to stay closer to downtown. This could be a great hotel and I am sure there are people who work there who care, we just did not meet them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Idepmom,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very sorry for the issues that your encountered during your time at our hotel. I certainly understand the importance of a quiet room, and I apologize that the HVAC unit and refrigerator caused so much noise. We check and maintain our equipment on a regular basis, and we will certainly ensure we fix the issue in your room. Also, I'm sorry that you were frustrated with your experience due to lack of service from our Front Desk, Pool, Housekeeping and Shuttle. We pride ourselves in delivering exceptional service in all areas of our hotel, and I'm very sorry that we failed to deliver that experience during your stay. We will continue to train our team members to not only provide friendly service, but to anticipate guest needs and make every experience a memorable one. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

MIchael Anderson

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hotel was easy to find right off the Hwy. Check in was slow but clerk was very apologetic. Room was surprisingly pleasing. It was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was bigger than expected(walk-in shower). Comfortable, adjusting bed. Helpful, courteous staff. Would definitely return to this hotel. Shopping center w/restaurants and grocery store next to hotel. Only complaint was I wish they offered a complimentary breakfast. Overall, it was a safe, clean hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Hilton Garden Inn Traveler,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during your recent trip to the Rockville area. I apologize that your arrival experience was slow, and we will continue to work on our efficiency at the Front Desk. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms, our convenient location, and our helpful and courteous staff. These are just a few of the many reasons our guests continue to come back! We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Rockville. Thank you!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice clean hotel, friendly service and I like their eco clean philosophy throughout my stay (swipe card in/out of the slot to save energy in the room) and towels, linens only washed when you say so, also saves on environment & gallons of water. Bit disappointed that there was no simple breakfast options included in cost of room so we could just grab something & go. However the $12/person hot breakfast was delicious! Bed mattress was a bit too firm for me. Overall I would stay here again though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello HGI Traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and I greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our green technology and energry conservation, our breakfast and our sleep system beds. Though our breakfast is not included, I'm glad you found it to be delicious, and we do also always carry smaller items (yogurts, fruits, juice) in our Pantry. Also, I'm sorry the bed was a bit firm for your liking, and I apologize if we did not inform you of our Garden Sleep System adjustable beds. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again so you can enjoy our Pantry, Adjustable Beds and many of the other great amenities the Hilton Garden Inn has to offer. Thanks again, and have a great day!

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Single nights stay, king room overall solid property which I enjoyed very much. As I have said before the HGI product is perfect for both pleasure and business.

Property is clean and modern, 3 years old from lobby to room itself. Showing a little wear on walls and some of the furniture but overall very nice.

Service from start to finish was good, not great and over the top but good all around. The one thing I found that keeps it from top notch for example was the trash outside the elevator on floor 4 was overflowing from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. Buttons on elevator had hands prints and looked gross the entire stay, nobody around cleaning??

Nice gym in lower level, shared with the connected Homewood, tended to be a bit busy as well the pool with families. Breakfast was yummy and well catered.

Parking plentiful and close to shops and places to eat. Right off major roadways. Great for any type of stay.

Stay again, sure thing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello 2worldtravelersnj,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear that you had a solid stay at our HGI in Rockville. I greatly appreciate your input, and we strive to keep our property clean and new in order to maintain our modern look and feel. There is certainly no excuse for overflowed trash and prints on the elevator, and we will continue to work with our team to ensure our hotel is clean and fresh for all of our guests. I'm happy that you enjoyed our fitness center and breakfast, and we will definitely work even harder to ensure we deliver over the top service for the next time you visit the Rockville area. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is near a mall with all that has great restaurants and even a big grocery store.
Very quiet to get rest when needed. Breakfast was great, but it opens too late for me. Would like to see it open at 6:00 am. Would not like to see kitchen staff blowing their nose in kitchen window area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear masacote1,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see you were able to gain valuable rest while with us, and that our adjacent Fallsgrove Complex with over 26 restaurants and shops were a convenient amenity during your stay. I also wanted to thank you for your feedback on our wonderful made to order breakfast served daily, and will certainly share your comments regarding our weekend breakfast times with our executive chef for further consideration.

Thank you again for your feedback, and for your business. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I would like to take time to acknowledge your fine staff. Princess and I stayed in your Hotel on Friday March 22-25. We were treated with uncoditional love and support for my daughter.

I would like to acknowledge Saron, Cindy, Amanda, Kate, and DJ, and entire kitchen staff, as a stand out staffs as well. I would also like to give recognition to the entire staff who worked that entire weekend; whom I don't know by name and went out of their way to showcase their hospitalitiy toward my three year old daughter. Also want to thank Stephanie for making us feel comfortable during our entire stay.

I would like to also acknowledge the staff who cleaned our windshield during the snow on Monday as well.

You guys were great, we appreciate you guys so much, and look forward to staying their in the near future!

Thanks,
TEZ

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tez,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay from March 22-25 at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. Our entire hotel team devotes each day to our guests, and hearing that one of our guests had an experience like yours, were several team members were able to make a personal impact on your time at our hotel makes our work worth while. My hope is we will have the opportunity to see you and your daughter Princess, in the near future.

Have an excellent spring, and I look forward to seeing both of you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great experience. Good looking hotel. Well laid out. Rooms are very very comfortable. Great staff at the front desk, bar, restaurant and breakfast staff. Rooms were clean and spacious. Well appointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear 60898mmor,

Thank you your feedback regarding your time here at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. It was our pleasure to serve you. We pride ourselves on providing 5 star service and excellent accomodations. I am pleased to see not only our property, but also our hotel staff were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you also for your comments regarding our on property bar. With a great wine selection, drafts and bottles, as well as made to order cocktails by Katie, our guests seem to enjoy their time spent at the bar each time they visit.

I hope to see you again soon on your next visit to the area. Have a wonderful spring!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!