“A conveniently located decent hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Massachusetts
“A conveniently located decent hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This relatively new hotel is conveniently located between Bethesda and Gaithersburg, not far from the Shady Grove Metro Station. Our room was very clean and comfortable, with two exceptions. The bathroom didn't have an exhaust fan and it was difficult to maintain a uniform temperature with the heating/cooling system. There is a nice pool that was well used by children during evening hours. Continental Breakfasts offer fruits, yogurts, toast/muffins/bagels, cereal and Belgian Waffles in an area adjacent to the lobby. Overall, this was a good place for us to stay for the 5 nights we were in the D.C. area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Captain_Syd,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent 5 night stay in the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see our close proximity to the Shady Grove Metro Station, as well as to locations such as Bethesda and Gaithersburg were convenient for you while visiting the area. I also wanted to thank you for your comments regarding our daily made to order breakfast. We take great pride in starting our guests day the right way! Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the bathroom ventilation and heating unit issues you encountered during your time with us. Each of our bathrooms do have a vent installed to help dissipate steam, as well as an automated thermostat on each wall to ensure our guests can maintain their desired guestroom temperature. Our maintenance team will follow up promptly to ensure both items are addressed and currected for future guests of our hotel.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. I would like to personally invite you back to stay with us again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm actually at the hotel as I'm writing this. I was relieved to get here because I drove through quite a snowstorm today. I am here on business and this hotel is very convenient to where I need to be in the morning. I am a HH Diamond member and stay at many Hilton properties - this is my first time that I felt compelled to write a review. My stay began as I dragged my rolling suitcase through their deep slush filled parking lot. I then checked in, I was impressed by the selection of items on the pantry - especially the skittles. I got to my room, neither key worked - back down to the front desk - problem resolved. I'm exhausted, so I decide to take a nap, it was 70 in the room, which is warm to me, I lowered this on the wall to 68 and fell asleep. I woke up feeling hot and noticed that it was now 72. I kept playing with the wall thermostat and setting it to 68 but nothing would happen, heat kept coming on! Ugh, so I went over to the window unit - well that is where you change it - weird, that is usually the case in older hotels, so what is the purpose of the confusing digital wall thermostat? Ok, now I go into the bathroom for the first time. Where is my tub? It's just a shower. This is a handicap room, and on the 2nd floor. As a Diamond member, I have my preferences listed- one of them is a high floor, when I requested this reservation - I reserved a regular king room- not handicap room, no bath for me tonight :(. Now the only thing I want for dinner is a grilled cheese. I call room service, I also decided to add the shrimp cocktail. The person that too k my order said, "kids grilled cheese?" I said yes. Ewe is all I have to say about all of it. Three mediocre shrimp were sliced length wise in half to make "6". $13 - wow, and it did not taste good either. The grilled cheese was the biggest shock. It had tomato slices in it!! What "kid" would like that?? I am an adult and I think it is gross! I did not order grilled cheese and tomato. The fries that came with it were nasty too, un- eaten gross dinner. Well that's it, I hope the rest of the night goes okay, thank you for letting me vent.

• Stayed March 2013
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear elisesunshine,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our property, and as Hilton Honors Diamond member thank you for your loyalty. After a long day of travel in a snowstorm, I can understand the desire to relax and unwind. Please allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of our entire hotel team for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the issues you encountered during your stay. One of the reasons our property has maintained superior guest satisfaction results, is our level of dedication and committment to the most important aspect of our hotel, our guests. I will personally ensure each of the service issues are addressed and corrected, and encourage you to return for a future stay that will exceed your expectations!

Thank you again for your time and feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Rockville area!

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Checking in was a breeze. Staff members were friendly and courteuos. The rooms were above expectations, bathroom sleeping area. We did the breakfast package which worked out even better. Friendly and helpful staff, breakast was prepared just how we like it. Overall a wonderful saty and will definately be back much sooner

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Simone R,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay at our property, and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding our Great American Grill made to order breakfast with our Food and Beverage team, they are always excited to hear feedback from our valued guests!

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit!

Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was here on a one night business stay. The hotel lobby was nice and inviting. Room was spacious.The bed was incredibly uncomfortable. At the front desk they were showing off how you could adjust the mattress for your bed but mine was no where to be found. Used the gym facility nothing special but served its purpose, the one treadmill I got on there was no outlet for the TV. Got back to my room to take a shower and the water was turned all the up to HOT and was barely luke warm at best. I wouldn't return as this was not up to the typical Hilton standards.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear JMUJeepGRL07,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest of our property. I am disappointed to hear we were unable to accomplish our goal during your time with us, and wanted to extend a personal apology on behalf of our team for any inconvenience you or any member of your party experienced due to the service issues you experienced. We will ensure your feedback is used to improve the overall level of accommodations for each of our future hotel guests. I would also like to extend a personal invitation to return to our property for a future overnight stay, both myself an our hotel team would be delighted to change your perception of our hotel and offer you an experience that will exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Rockville is the best Hilton property I have ever stayed at. I chose this hotel as it was close to where my son was playing hockey. I was so pleasantly surprised from the minute I arrived. The manager was unbelievable. He really went out of his way to take care of me. He was a gentleman and a huge help. This is the type of person who should be in hospitatlity! The hotel was welcoming, clean, great decor, and so reasonably priced. The breakfast was amazing with made to order omelettes. The staff at the hotel was top notch, and trust me, I've been a Ritz customer many times, and they don't compare to the Hilton! I loved it and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I had 2 connecting rooms right next to the elevator which can sometimes be an issue. However, not a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear spin4lyf,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for your fantastic feedback on your expierience at our hotel. One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is to interact with our guests, and comments such as yours are motivation that our daily efforts do pay dividends for our valued guests, who are so much a part of what we do each and every day. Thank you again for your time, feedback, and business. I hope to have the opportunity to see you again on your next trip to Rockville.

Harrisburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at this HGI several times and decided to write a review for folks. Stayed most recently in early January for business. Hotel is fairly new, clean and what you would expect from a good HGI. Breakfast is hot, cook to order and fruits, cereals and pastries for a fee. I am a diamond member so I do not pay for breakfast. They offer dinner but I generally do not eat at the restaurant in the evening. Hotel staff was friendly and responsive. I do not require much and did not have any issues. All was well. I feel that this HGI is on the upper end of cost due to it being in the DC/MD/VA area. Did not visit the gym or pool, if it has one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear light 3572,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see our team was able to provide the service you deserve during your time with us. Our goal is to exceed expecatations each and every time one of our valued guests selects our property. Business travel can be strenous and impersonal, our property takes pride in delivering first class customer service to make time away from home the best experience possible. We will look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next trip extraordinary!

T.o.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (Rockville MD) the weekend of Jan 26/13. It was my first time to the Washington DC area and I selected this location based on work I had to do.

Pro's - Hotel is newer, I would guess built in last couple of years or so
- Hotel is clean and the room was in good shape
- Staff were generally friendly
- Free parking and wi-fi. (other hotels in area were asking for $ for wi-fi)
- Quiet area and the is a office/business district

Con's
- It can be cold outside in Jan. The weekend I was there was no different. Over a period of two days, the hot water in both the shower and the sink took approx 45 seconds before hot water was present. This seems like a really long time for a newly built hotel?
- Limited food /dining options in area. There was a mall 5-10 min walk away, I remember a Starbucks, Panera bread and a Cheesburger Restaurant.

Overall, nice hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear bk19,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during your trip to the DC area over the weekend of January 26th. I had a chance to review your comments, and was pleased to see there were many aspects of your stay that were enjoyable. Though I did want to apologize for the lack of hot water you experienced during your stay. This was a temporary issue that was corrected immediately, though please allow me to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you or any members of your party encountered. There are several full service restaurants in the adjacent Fallsgrove Complex including Mama Lucia's Italian Restaurant and Taipei Tokyo Restaurant, in addition to more convenient options such as Panera Bread, Melt Sandwich Shop, Chipotle, and CheeBurger CheeBurger, just in case this may help for the future.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Washington D.C. area!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!