I'm actually at the hotel as I'm writing this. I was relieved to get here because I drove through quite a snowstorm today. I am here on business and this hotel is very convenient to where I need to be in the morning. I am a HH Diamond member and stay at many Hilton properties - this is my first time that I felt compelled to write a review. My stay began as I dragged my rolling suitcase through their deep slush filled parking lot. I then checked in, I was impressed by the selection of items on the pantry - especially the skittles. I got to my room, neither key worked - back down to the front desk - problem resolved. I'm exhausted, so I decide to take a nap, it was 70 in the room, which is warm to me, I lowered this on the wall to 68 and fell asleep. I woke up feeling hot and noticed that it was now 72. I kept playing with the wall thermostat and setting it to 68 but nothing would happen, heat kept coming on! Ugh, so I went over to the window unit - well that is where you change it - weird, that is usually the case in older hotels, so what is the purpose of the confusing digital wall thermostat? Ok, now I go into the bathroom for the first time. Where is my tub? It's just a shower. This is a handicap room, and on the 2nd floor. As a Diamond member, I have my preferences listed- one of them is a high floor, when I requested this reservation - I reserved a regular king room- not handicap room, no bath for me tonight :(. Now the only thing I want for dinner is a grilled cheese. I call room service, I also decided to add the shrimp cocktail. The person that too k my order said, "kids grilled cheese?" I said yes. Ewe is all I have to say about all of it. Three mediocre shrimp were sliced length wise in half to make "6". $13 - wow, and it did not taste good either. The grilled cheese was the biggest shock. It had tomato slices in it!! What "kid" would like that?? I am an adult and I think it is gross! I did not order grilled cheese and tomato. The fries that came with it were nasty too, un- eaten gross dinner. Well that's it, I hope the rest of the night goes okay, thank you for letting me vent.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg Hotel Rockville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg is the premier business and leisure hotel in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Offering full service accommodations including daily shuttle service, room service, corporate and social meeting space, full service restaurant offering mid-scale dining with breakfast and dinner selections, complimentary high speed wireless and LAN internet service, indoor heated pool, whirlpool, and 24 hour fitness center, with a designated children's room offering games and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Olotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.