“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Rockville is the best Hilton property I have ever stayed at. I chose this hotel as it was close to where my son was playing hockey. I was so pleasantly surprised from the minute I arrived. The manager was unbelievable. He really went out of his way to take care of me. He was a gentleman and a huge help. This is the type of person who should be in hospitatlity! The hotel was welcoming, clean, great decor, and so reasonably priced. The breakfast was amazing with made to order omelettes. The staff at the hotel was top notch, and trust me, I've been a Ritz customer many times, and they don't compare to the Hilton! I loved it and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I had 2 connecting rooms right next to the elevator which can sometimes be an issue. However, not a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear spin4lyf,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for your fantastic feedback on your expierience at our hotel. One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is to interact with our guests, and comments such as yours are motivation that our daily efforts do pay dividends for our valued guests, who are so much a part of what we do each and every day. Thank you again for your time, feedback, and business. I hope to have the opportunity to see you again on your next trip to Rockville.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Harrisburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed at this HGI several times and decided to write a review for folks. Stayed most recently in early January for business. Hotel is fairly new, clean and what you would expect from a good HGI. Breakfast is hot, cook to order and fruits, cereals and pastries for a fee. I am a diamond member so I do not pay for breakfast. They offer dinner but I generally do not eat at the restaurant in the evening. Hotel staff was friendly and responsive. I do not require much and did not have any issues. All was well. I feel that this HGI is on the upper end of cost due to it being in the DC/MD/VA area. Did not visit the gym or pool, if it has one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear light 3572,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see our team was able to provide the service you deserve during your time with us. Our goal is to exceed expecatations each and every time one of our valued guests selects our property. Business travel can be strenous and impersonal, our property takes pride in delivering first class customer service to make time away from home the best experience possible. We will look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next trip extraordinary!

T.o.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (Rockville MD) the weekend of Jan 26/13. It was my first time to the Washington DC area and I selected this location based on work I had to do.

Pro's - Hotel is newer, I would guess built in last couple of years or so
- Hotel is clean and the room was in good shape
- Staff were generally friendly
- Free parking and wi-fi. (other hotels in area were asking for $ for wi-fi)
- Quiet area and the is a office/business district

Con's
- It can be cold outside in Jan. The weekend I was there was no different. Over a period of two days, the hot water in both the shower and the sink took approx 45 seconds before hot water was present. This seems like a really long time for a newly built hotel?
- Limited food /dining options in area. There was a mall 5-10 min walk away, I remember a Starbucks, Panera bread and a Cheesburger Restaurant.

Overall, nice hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear bk19,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during your trip to the DC area over the weekend of January 26th. I had a chance to review your comments, and was pleased to see there were many aspects of your stay that were enjoyable. Though I did want to apologize for the lack of hot water you experienced during your stay. This was a temporary issue that was corrected immediately, though please allow me to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you or any members of your party encountered. There are several full service restaurants in the adjacent Fallsgrove Complex including Mama Lucia's Italian Restaurant and Taipei Tokyo Restaurant, in addition to more convenient options such as Panera Bread, Melt Sandwich Shop, Chipotle, and CheeBurger CheeBurger, just in case this may help for the future.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Washington D.C. area!

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed there the last weekend of September, 2012. We had a pleasant experience and it was very exciting and uplifting. Great breakfast (was included in our rate and worth it), nice staff and beautiful lobby. I recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Adam K,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during your trip to the area in September. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience at our property, and that our made to order buffet breakfast, service oriented staff, and spacious public areas made your stay exceed expectations. If you ever return to the area, it would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve as your host property in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Thank you for your feedback, and have a great winter season!

North Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed at quite a few Hilton Garden Inn locations, but this one seems to stand out favorably. My check in process was handled efficiently. It seemed like they knew the names of guests yet to check in that day. As soon as I said my last name, the desk clerk said my first name without even looking at the computer. And I have never been at this location before. The facility was spotlessly clean and the room was a decent size with cheerful decor. My rate was very competitive for the area. The desk called about 30 minutes after check in to make sure everything was ok with the room. I would recommend this hotel. It's convenient to I-270 and the place is very well run.

• Stayed December 2012
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear pine 1144,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. Our most valuable tool as a management team, is the feedback of our valued guests. I wanted to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience with current and future travelers visiting the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. I am very pleased to hear our front desk team provided a welcoming and efficient check in process, a great stay starts with your arrival experience. I am also pleased to hear the cleanliness, modern decor, and convenient location of our property added to your overall experience at our hotel. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each of our valued guests, and my hope is we have accomplished our goal during your time with us.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I loved this hotel. The entire staff was very attentive, the food was really very good despite some reviews which read "ok for the price" and "mediocre" i say AU CONTRAIRE!!!!! The food was excellent. Katie the bartender was perfect. The decor, since it is a new hotel (2 yrs old?) was hip and clean. Complimentary breakfast (for gold and diamond members) was very nice with cook to order breakfast which had everything you could expect. Rooms were clean, the bed and pillows are soft and comfy...it was a sleep number bed (who'd a thunk it)!! and the whole hotel smelled wonderful, trust me that is something to notice in a hotel. I asked for a quiet room so i got the 6th floor and it was quiet. I don't use the room AC/Heat so that is not an issue for me... they are noisy. I was disappointed that the Jacuzzi was broken as i had a sore ankle i wanted to dip in, but they had it fixed as soon as they could. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter as they are away from the busy street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Kathi H,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see our team was able to provide exceptional service throughout your stay, and that you were able to enjoy the cuisine offered in our Great American Grill Restaurant. As for our hotel decor', our property is the newest in the Rockville area opening in April of 2010, and features artwork crafted and designed by all local artists here in the Washington D.C. area.

Thank you for your time as well as feedback on your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to be your host hotel for any future visits to the area, and wish you and your family a safe and happy new year!

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Everything about this hotel was good. Good restaurant with the best spread I have seen in a budget hotel, helpful front-desk staff who ensured that I do not leave empty handed if I came to them for help, and nice cosy rooms. The rooms were a bit small for my liking but I guess that's because I came from the mid-west. When I checked in there was a minor issue with a wobbling tap but they got it fixed the next morning.

Room Tip: Their shuttle service is heavily used so plan it up with them in advance otherwise you may need to w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear P G,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our extensive made to order buffet offered daily in our Great American Grill Restaurant and Lounge. Your comments regarding the helpfullness of our hotel staff are the highest compliment you can offer, and we will certainly share this valued feedback with our team. I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the maintenance issue in your guestroom, though was pleased to see our engineering team was able to quickly resolve this issue for you.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future if your travels bring you to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!