“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed there the last weekend of September, 2012. We had a pleasant experience and it was very exciting and uplifting. Great breakfast (was included in our rate and worth it), nice staff and beautiful lobby. I recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Adam K,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during your trip to the area in September. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience at our property, and that our made to order buffet breakfast, service oriented staff, and spacious public areas made your stay exceed expectations. If you ever return to the area, it would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve as your host property in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Thank you for your feedback, and have a great winter season!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
North Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed at quite a few Hilton Garden Inn locations, but this one seems to stand out favorably. My check in process was handled efficiently. It seemed like they knew the names of guests yet to check in that day. As soon as I said my last name, the desk clerk said my first name without even looking at the computer. And I have never been at this location before. The facility was spotlessly clean and the room was a decent size with cheerful decor. My rate was very competitive for the area. The desk called about 30 minutes after check in to make sure everything was ok with the room. I would recommend this hotel. It's convenient to I-270 and the place is very well run.

• Stayed December 2012
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear pine 1144,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. Our most valuable tool as a management team, is the feedback of our valued guests. I wanted to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience with current and future travelers visiting the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. I am very pleased to hear our front desk team provided a welcoming and efficient check in process, a great stay starts with your arrival experience. I am also pleased to hear the cleanliness, modern decor, and convenient location of our property added to your overall experience at our hotel. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each of our valued guests, and my hope is we have accomplished our goal during your time with us.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I loved this hotel. The entire staff was very attentive, the food was really very good despite some reviews which read "ok for the price" and "mediocre" i say AU CONTRAIRE!!!!! The food was excellent. Katie the bartender was perfect. The decor, since it is a new hotel (2 yrs old?) was hip and clean. Complimentary breakfast (for gold and diamond members) was very nice with cook to order breakfast which had everything you could expect. Rooms were clean, the bed and pillows are soft and comfy...it was a sleep number bed (who'd a thunk it)!! and the whole hotel smelled wonderful, trust me that is something to notice in a hotel. I asked for a quiet room so i got the 6th floor and it was quiet. I don't use the room AC/Heat so that is not an issue for me... they are noisy. I was disappointed that the Jacuzzi was broken as i had a sore ankle i wanted to dip in, but they had it fixed as soon as they could. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter as they are away from the busy street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Kathi H,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see our team was able to provide exceptional service throughout your stay, and that you were able to enjoy the cuisine offered in our Great American Grill Restaurant. As for our hotel decor', our property is the newest in the Rockville area opening in April of 2010, and features artwork crafted and designed by all local artists here in the Washington D.C. area.

Thank you for your time as well as feedback on your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to be your host hotel for any future visits to the area, and wish you and your family a safe and happy new year!

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Everything about this hotel was good. Good restaurant with the best spread I have seen in a budget hotel, helpful front-desk staff who ensured that I do not leave empty handed if I came to them for help, and nice cosy rooms. The rooms were a bit small for my liking but I guess that's because I came from the mid-west. When I checked in there was a minor issue with a wobbling tap but they got it fixed the next morning.

Room Tip: Their shuttle service is heavily used so plan it up with them in advance otherwise you may need to w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear P G,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our extensive made to order buffet offered daily in our Great American Grill Restaurant and Lounge. Your comments regarding the helpfullness of our hotel staff are the highest compliment you can offer, and we will certainly share this valued feedback with our team. I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the maintenance issue in your guestroom, though was pleased to see our engineering team was able to quickly resolve this issue for you.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future if your travels bring you to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Vern nice hotel accomodations, room and comfortable sleep-number bed, and spacious bathroom. If you don't want to eat at the hotel, you can walk down the street to the Fallsgrove Shopping Plaza and choose a place, and there's a Giant grocery store so you can stock your minifridge. I would definitely stay in this area again since near I-270. Staff very helpful. When checking out Sunday @ 10 am , I wondered why there was a party booked in the dining area ... there wasn't a seat in the whole place if I had wanted to eat breakfast. Strange. Why not place party-goers in one of the conference rooms? I wouldn't let that deter you from staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Julie 237,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. It is great to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay including our Garden Sleep System beds which allow guests to adjust mattress firmness based on their preference, as well as the Fallsgrove Shopping Complex with numerous shopping and dining options directly adjacent to our property. I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the large party dining in our restaurant on the morning of your departure. We certainly make every effort to ensure large parties have dedicated private space, though wanted to personally offer our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you or any members of your party!

Thank you for your time, and feedback. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Happy Holidays!

Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is spanking new, which gives it some snazziness and sparkle. It is co-located with the Homewood Suites (they actually have the same entrance but inside the door you turn right for the Hilton Garden Inn and left for the Homewood Suites), which is kind of odd because the facilities differ somewhat. I have stayed at both and, given a choice, would choose the Homewood Suites because of the weeknight food and beverage hospitality and the amenities of a suite. The location is outer suburbs, so it is fine if you are working or visiting locally. For visiting D.C., it is an easy place to drive to and the Metro is accessible for getting into the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Partera_9,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Washington D.C. area. I like to take this opportunity to show our gratitude for providing valuable feedback on your experience, that may be beneficial for future travelers and guests of our hotel. We pride ourselves on being one of only a handful of dual-branded properties in the United States. Offering the distinctness of two individual branded hotels; Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites, with all the benefits of one large full service property; large state of the art fitness center, indoor heated pool and whirlpool, complimentary hotel shuttle service, and a full service restaurant and lounge open for breakfast and dinner.

Thank you again for your business and feedback, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Washington D.C. area!

llr727
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for three nights this past weekend and had an overall good experience. The rooms were very comfortable. The only complaint we had was that the wireless would cut in and out a lot, maybe because many people were using it at once? Not sure.
Generally the staff was very friendly, some of the breakfast staff was better than others. Whomever was working Sunday morning was fantastic, unfortunately I do not have a name. The whole breakfast setup is very nice, especially if you are a Hilton Honors member and get it for free!
All-in-all it was a good stay, and it was an excellent price for the area. A little hard to manage if you don't have a car, but they do have a shuttle to go to the metro and if you do have a car, it couldn't be better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear llr727,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us this past weekend, and were able to take full advantage of our extensive made-to-order breakfast buffet each morning. We have also recently upgraded our complimentary wireless and wired high speed internet bandwith to offer a better internet experience for all of our valued travelers. We hope to have the opportunity to accomodate you on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Thank you for your business, and we wish you the best for the upcoming holiday season.

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!