“Great place for a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
llr727
“Great place for a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for three nights this past weekend and had an overall good experience. The rooms were very comfortable. The only complaint we had was that the wireless would cut in and out a lot, maybe because many people were using it at once? Not sure.
Generally the staff was very friendly, some of the breakfast staff was better than others. Whomever was working Sunday morning was fantastic, unfortunately I do not have a name. The whole breakfast setup is very nice, especially if you are a Hilton Honors member and get it for free!
All-in-all it was a good stay, and it was an excellent price for the area. A little hard to manage if you don't have a car, but they do have a shuttle to go to the metro and if you do have a car, it couldn't be better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear llr727,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us this past weekend, and were able to take full advantage of our extensive made-to-order breakfast buffet each morning. We have also recently upgraded our complimentary wireless and wired high speed internet bandwith to offer a better internet experience for all of our valued travelers. We hope to have the opportunity to accomodate you on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Thank you for your business, and we wish you the best for the upcoming holiday season.

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights while in the area on business - selected the hotel primarily based on location, shuttle to/from Metro station, and nice that the property (and adjoining Homewood Suites) are nearly barnd new. The rate was decent - about 1/2 of comparable properties in DC proper - and having access to the Metro made it very easy to stay/work/commute in this area and down in DC.

The hotel was nice and clean - all areas, including the room and common areas (it shares the fitness center and pool on the basement level with the Homewood Suites). The restaurant was nice as well, typical HGI menu, but seemed quite a bit more expensive than other HGIs at which I've stayed. I usually spend about $25 on dinner at the HGI restaurant, but here the same comparable meal was $45! The food was good and presented nicely, but I was surprised at how much more expensive it was here. Small negative, but same with breakfast - it was pretty expensive also. Definitely try to get the rate where you get breakfast included - especially if more than 1 of you is staying.

The staff were very friendly and courteous which I appreciated, but most everyone there seemed very new, and there were several times where the front desk would have 4 or 5 people working, and then other times when it was 1 or none (they share staff and the office with the attached Homewood Suites I believe). Some times there would be several people in line at the desk and no one was there - and then only 1 at the front desk of the attached HS; then 10 minutes later, she would emerge through the office door and start working the HGI desk. That didn't really detract a lot from my stay, but it is something they should look at...some sort of better load balancing.

There was a business center right by the front desk where you could print for free (very nice), and they always had coffee out, and fresh fruit in the mornings and cookies in the evenings, those were nice touches as well. The area around the hotel is very nice and clean, and there's a great retail center right up the street from the HGI/HS that has 9 or 10 restaurants (see attached picture of list with options), a grocery store, a Starbucks, and a bank. No more than 5 minutes walk from hotel lobby to any of the restaurants/shops. I went here a couple of times for dinner - it was an easy walk, and all of the options were less expensive than my 1st night's dinner at the hotel.

All in all a decent stay; the rate was competitive, the environs in and around the hotel were very nice and clean, the access to the Shady Grove Metro (last stop on the Red Line) was a HUGE benefit, and the staff - while green at times - were all very friendly. I would probably stay here again if in the area on business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Travel_Reviewer20,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time here at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. After reading your comments, it is clear that there were several factors about our property that you enjoyed, as well as some areas where we can and will be sure to improve. Feedback, such as yours enables our team to ensure we are providing the best possible experience to each of our valued guests.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again on future trips to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed for the night, since I had some business nearby. The first room they gave me smelled very strange, and I was promptly given a new room. The new room didn't smell, but every time the elevator passed, the wall made a suqeaking sound. I didn't want to change room again, so I didn't bother this time. Had some dinner downstairs, which was ok, but the dining area was pretty cold, making it slightly uncomfortable. Used the fitness center in the morning, which is quite ok. Checked out without having breakfast, but the buffet looked ok from a distance. Overall, this hotel is like Hilton's usually are, it's a descent place to stay at, but don't expect anything special. It is however a tad pricy given the standard and olcation.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room away from elevators.
Dear Johan P,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your experience. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay at our property and I apologize that we were not able to do so during your time with us. If returning to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area, we would be delighted to have the opportunity to provide an exceptional overnight stay at our property, and ensure you have the experience that you deserve. If I can be of any additional assistance today or at any point in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Akron OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

THE CHECK IN: Everything was A+++ from the parking lot to the room. I was greeted / checked in by Raquel at the front desk. She made everything simple and easy - just how I like it. On personality, helpfulness and professionalism, Raquel is an asset to The Hilton. THE ROOM: I loved it! It was clean, had a comfortable bed and I couldn't have asked for more amenities. THE CHECKOUT: was quick and efficient. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to the Rockvile/Gaithersburg, DC area. Faisa (sp) also provided outstanding service. Kudos to Faisa!!!

Room Tip: I got just the room I wanted on the 1st floor. IMHO they are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Rleng616,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg/D.C. area. Thank you for your gracious comments about our hotel as a whole, and specifically individual staff members that made a difference during your time with us. Our goal as a hotel and as a team, is to ensure we exceed expectations for each guest that we have the opportunity to serve. I am very pleased to see we were able to accomplish this goal during your time with us, and want to thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to offer an even better experience next time you are in the Rockville-Gaithersburg or D.C. area!

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I wasnt going to write a review because I didnt think it would be fair to rate it avg because of one bad nights sleep out of three that we were there. I guess you can make up your minds after reading total review. The initial check in and first nights sleep were really great the hotel is definitely top of the line for looks and emenities,lounge,food and front desk.also free wifi was hi speed.The room was big with great choice of channels. Fridge,MW and Ac were all new and noiseless.Bathroom a little cozy but at least it was clean and you didnt have far to reach to get what you needed.LOL I liked the smoking area until the panhandler came walking off the sidewalk asking for money.A gate would have been nice since it is wide open to the street.The only other bad knock I have is there was a bus load of noisy loud young adults? that came in around 315AM and after 1/2 hour, which I feel should have been a reasonible amount of time for them to settle in,Ihad to call and ask the desk to see if the yelling, door slamming,and general hallway noise could be looked into.I was assured it would be,but the din only subsided alittle.At 530 Am the party which seemed to be outside my window just got to be too much and I called again but little was done.Needless to say the sleep was spotty for us all night.I think the desk should have offered to come to our room to see if they could have isolated where the noise was coming from or not had us on a floor or area where the bus would be staying. I'm sure they knew the conflict would occur since we both had reservations I'm assuming.I also cant believe our room was the only one inconvienced like this. I will say that I fully understand that a bus load of kids is a lot of money and dont hold a grudge against them making money.
Now for the important question. Would I stay here again? As a matter of fact yes, because who is prefect?and I believe in 2strikes and you're out.Also it really is situated in a good place for traveling to see our grandkids.BUT its back to the Sheridan where we usally stay if Honey doesnt get her good nights sleep again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear tctommy,

Thank you for choosing The Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your most recent trip to the Rockville area. We appreciate you visiting our property and experiencing the service, amenities, and accomodations our Hilton Garden Inn has to offer. Allow me to apologize for your experience on the evening which you experienced a disturbance from neighboring guests. Although we are not always aware of guests that may choose to congregate at the time reservations are processed, our overnight staff is trained to properly address any and all noise disturbances to ensure our guests rest and satisfaction. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again on your next trip to the Rockville area, and look forward to making your stay restful, and accomodating.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again!

DFW Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I normally AVOID hotels that don't offer smoking accommodations. But thank you for offering a nice little 'smoker's oasis' patio with comfortable seating, tables, internet access, etc. Was fine in September, don't know if I would appreciate it so much in January!

But, rooms are very nice, (adjustable!) beds comfortable. My bathroom a little small (don't step back from the mirror if you're far sighted!). Staff very nice. Nicest surprise: GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE at the American Grill. I normally avoid hotel restaurants, but this one ROCKS. Also, the Breakfast staff is AWESOME!!!!

Dear Vanln Texas,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see you were able to enjoy our Smoker's Oasis area, Garden Sleep System Beds, as well as interact with some of our wonderful waitors and waitresses at our Great American Grill Restaurant and Lounge. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with prospective guests looking for helpful feedback when deciding on hotel accomodations. My hope is that we will have the opportunity to serve you again if you ever return to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I travel to the Rockville are on a every few weeks and have stayed at many of the local hotels. I can say with utmost confidence "This hotel ROCKS!" The rooms are well appointed, the beds comfy, the staff pleasant and always helpful (they called twice last night to make sure I had gotten shampoo), and the restaurant top notch.

I love it here so much I almost hate to write this review as to many others will love this gem also and won't be able to get a room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Dseiler,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your travels to the Rockville area. I had a chance to read your comments above and was pleased to see our hotel, staff, and in house restuarant have provided you with the experience that makes you want to return each time you are in the area. I will share your feedback with our team, and will continue to strive to exceed your expectations each and every time your visit our property.

Thank you for your time, feedback, and for your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon, on your next trip to Rockville!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!