“Great sercice and perfect location.” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great sercice and perfect location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

The satff at the hotel treated me and my family like royalty. The hotel manager, front desk staff and cleaning crew were very friendly and helpful. Located within minutes to the metro for easy travel to the Wahington D.C. area.

• Stayed August 2012
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Mr. Dorfman,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your experience at our property, and were able to enjoy some of the benefits our property's location has to offer. Our staff takes pride in knowing one of our loyal guests has left with a positive experience, so I will be sure to share your comments with our team!

Thank you for your business, and for taking time to share your experience at our property. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area!

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

For $183/night one expects and deserves peace & quiet. This hotel was built 25 yards from a major 5 lane road. The traffic noise is some of the worst I have experienced and I have been a Hilton Diamond VIP for years.

The hotel is generally clean, well maintained and the front desk staff was pleasant and professional, but the road noise is terrible. It has all the ambience of sleeping under a freeway overpass.

DO NOT STAY HERE>>>> take your $183 and find different hotel in a quiet area.

Room Tip: Try to find a room that is not right next to the VERY busy, noise road - if they have one. I am hig...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Patrick97401,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the Rockville area. Our goal is to ensure each of our guests have the best possible experience when selecting our property as their hotel of choice. After reading your comments, I see that we were unable to accomplish our goal during your time with us. Although we are in a suburban location, with traffic occuring mainly during normal business hours, I do understand the varying levels of sensitivity to ambient noise and apologize that we were unable to ensure a restful night during your time at our property. If you are ever in the Rockville area for a trip in the future, please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to personally ensure you receive a room that is to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and feedback. I hope to see you again soon!

Koh Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Lovely rooms
Restaurant breakfast is quick very nice and cheap
Dinner menu is good for a hotel of this size as well.
Lovely walking track nearby as is a shopping mall with Safeway and fast food outlets etc

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear shound1030,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at The Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. Your feedback as a valued guest is something we take very seriously and use in the continous improvement of our property for current and future guests. I noticed you enjoyed our guestrooms, hot made to order breakfast, and the nearby walking trail which is easily accessible for our guests. I'm very glad to see you were able to enjoy these amenities during your time with us, and hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were desperately seeking accommodations after the June 29th "derecho" storm left millions without power in the DC/MD/VA area. We happened upon this fairly new hotel as we were looking for a place where my husband could conduct a business call (in air conditioning) and we could do a quick check of our email. After two nights sleeping in the sweltering heat without any indication of relief, we really wanted to find a hotel room.

When I checked at the front desk, I was informed that the hotel was booked and they had a waiting list for rooms. However, one of the attendants was on the phone with a cancellation, so we were able to make a reservation for a king room that evening. Phew!! When we arrived to check in, Caroline, the intern, was manning and managing the front desk. She was juggling so many different things - people like us checking in, others desperately trying to get rooms, and phones that kept on ringing. This was not a typical day at this hotel, but Caroline was unstoppable!! When we inquired if it was at all possible for us to change our reservation to a double room, she miraculously made the change. Each time that we walked by the front desk over the three days that we were there, Caroline was friendly, diligent and helpful. I hope Hilton snatches her up after she graduates from Penn State!!

The room was very nice and clean. It was great having an in-room refrigerator, lots of electrical outlets for charging and free wi-fi with excellent service. I used the laundry facilites which were reasonably priced, and the fitness room had just what we needed for a workout. The indoor pool looked inviting, but we didn't use it.

Overall, this was a terrific hotel. It met all of our needs at a time when we really needed a home away from our damaged and sweltering home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear HuntyMom,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg during the recent "Derecho" storm that affected our area. We were very aware that many members of our local community were displaced during these powerful storms, and are fortunate to have many dedicated team members, such as Caroline that provided tireless service to our guests. I wanted to thank you not only for your recognition of our hotel, but also for your personal recognition of team members. My hope is your next stay will be under more favorable circumstances, and look forward to having the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Definitely nice accommodations and free wireless is a plus. The breakfast buffet is a good option, and the make your omelet station is great. Unfortunately, the servers were less than attentive except to give me my bill before I asked . . . all I wanted is some COFFEE. Not a big deal but slightly irritating since it happened all 3x I went. Also, neither their printer nor the printer at the adjoining hotel worked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Julia W,

Thank you for choosing The Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg, during your recent trip on business to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. I am glad to see you enjoyed our complimentary wired and wireless internet options in hotel guestrooms, as well as complimentary wifi throughout all public areas. I was also pleased to see you took part in our daily made to order breakfast buffet with made to order egg, french toast, pancakes, and breakfast potatoes options. We appreciate you sharing this positive feedback with our hotel team, as well as prospective guests. I also wanted to thank you for your comments regarding lack of attentiveness during your breakfast service, as well as trouble you experienced with our business center printers. These are both items that will be corrected on our end to ensure the best possible experience for our guests. My apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your time with us, as a result.

I want to thank you again for your time, as well as your valued feedback. I hope to see you again when you travels bring you back to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Have a great summer!

Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This or the sister Homewood Suites is in a great location for access to Rockville, Gaithersburg and surrounding areas. Easy to get to, access to I270 is close and great neighborhood. The rooms are large and comfortable and well apportioned. Very clean and the staff is very helpful. The morning breakfast crew starts your day off with a tremendous positive perspective. Eggs made to order in front of me is always a fun thing. Excellent value stay.

Room Tip: Away from street side. There is an occasional ambulance siren on the Shady Grove side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Thomas M,

Welcome back to the Hilton Garden Inn - Homewood Suites Rockville-Gaithersburg hotel. As a dual branded hotel, we are delighted that you have chose to stay with us yet again after your previous experience at the Homewood Suites side of our propery. Part of having a unique dual branded design, where two properties are connected, is the freedom to chose between two separate hotel designs and layouts while having the confidence that you will experience the same quality in service and accomodations. I am delighted to hear your most recent visit was enjoyable and that the cleanliness of our property as well as our proactive service oriented Food and Beverage team, ensured your satisfaction during your time with us.

We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Have a great summer!

Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was my second stay at HGI in Rockville. As mentioned in other reviews, this is a fairly new hotel; the staff is pleasant and business-like, but I wouldn't describe them as overly "friendly." The rooms are clean and comfortable, with refrigerators. microwaves and comfortable beds. My room was missing a trash receptacle in the bathroom, a minor inconvenience. As mentioned by others, the air conditioning system is noisy, and very noticeable when it cycles during the night. The wall controls seem to have no effect on the system; lowering the temperature to 65 didn't seem to turn it on and the system cycled on at random times on it's own initiative.

I was disappointed on one day of my stay to return to my room at 5:30 pm and find the room unmade (I had left for a business meeting before 8 am). The front desk wasn't overly concerned when I called, saying "we sometimes aren't able to make up the rooms till 5:30 or later". I had expected an apology rather than an excuse. I must say that I haven't experienced this problem at other Hilton properties; other reviews of this hotel have mentioned the sometimes tardy room servicing, so I assume this is an isolated problem for this property.

All-in-all, I would rate this HGI as good but not great hotel; if the location and the price meet your needs it would be a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear steve_in_ms,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. Our goal is to have each of our guests rate us as a 5 out of 5 each time they visit our property. Although I see there were positive aspects of your stay, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us. We will use your feedback to improve our guest experience, and see to it that any and all issues you experienced are resolved for future guests of our hotel.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any future trips to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area, as I would be delighted to personally ensure you expectations are exceeded on your next trip to our hotel.

Thank you for your time and feedback, and have a fantastic summer!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!