“Great Hotel if you need to be close to services.” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Hotel if you need to be close to services.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

This is a normal HGI, which is new and very clean, but also had a strip mall right next to it that has most every style of cuisine you could want and also a grocery store, etc. If you're visiting the hospital or the medical center or any other businesses near Shady Grove this is a great hotel. They also have a shuttle that will tae you within a few miles of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear BrianinMD,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to take a moment to reach out and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at our property. We appreciate your comments regarding our complimentary shuttle service which offers transportation within a 3 mile radius of our hotel from 7am-9pm at no additional cost to our guests, and also thank you for sharing information regarding the many shops, stores, and restaurants within walking distance of our property.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again if you return to the Rockville area.

Thank you again, and hope to see you again.

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lockport new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights and it was a very nice stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable, it was heavenly!!
A wonderful area with microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker made everything very convenient. I did have one mishap while staying. The curtain rod fell right off the wall on top of me. I went to the desk to let them know. They were very concerned with my well being and I assured them I was fine. A very thoughtful and accomodating staff put me at ease and fixed the rod immediately while we were out. I enjoyed the breakfast the next day and was so thankful for their letter of concern the next day left for me. Thank you for fixing the problem.
The location is very good with shopping, restaurants, etc. very close by. Thank you for the experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Frogklav,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I was glad to see you were able to enjoy our Garden Sleep System beds, which allow each guest to customize the firmness of their bed to their liking, and was also glad to see our in room amenities also helped to make experience the best it could be. I wanted to apologize for the curtain rod in your guestroom, though I am extremely pleased to see our staff responded quickly and appropriately and was able to resolve the issue for you.

Please keep us in mind if you ever return to the Rockville area, it would be our pleasure to serve you during a future stay at our property.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and hope to see you again soon.

Westfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

This is a beautiful (what appears to be) a brand new hotel with am impressive lobby and gracious check in staff. There is a large fireplace as you walk in and complementary cookies, lemonade and coffee (the eve). The rooms are new and spacious. Unfortunately, our wall heating/AC system did not work and we could not set it at all. It defaulted at 72 degrees making our room extremely hot. When we turned on the heater below the windows, it smelled like it was burning, so we turned it off. The sleep number bed was heavenly and the pool/hot tub was a nice touch. We really enjoyed the breakfast, especially the homemade waffles machine and made-to-order omlettes. There is a shopping mall next door with approx 10 different restaurants and many more within 1-2 miles of the hotel. Very convenient drive to DC and couldn't beat the price! I would stay there again and make sure the heat works before I go to bed.

Room Tip: Make sure heating works. We stayed near the elevator but it was still very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear LK Wendel,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. One of the best tools we have as hotel operators is the feedback of our valued guests. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide and in-depth response. I was glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay, and were pleased with our hotel staff, amenities, and location. Though, my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the heating unit struggles you encountered in your guestroom. I would like to invite you back to stay with us again, on any future trips to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. We would be delighted to have the opportunity to show you first hand we have corrected this issue, and that your satisfaction as our valued guest, is our first priority.

Best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

The hotel was very nice and the customer service was great. The room was very clean. The location was next to a nice community of what looked like townhouses and condos. There was a park nearby. It was a very clean and nice neihborhood.

This Hilton was also close to a shopping center that had a lot of food. I loved that Krispy Kreme was nearby we dont have Krispy Kreme in NJ. But they also had Chipotle Panera Smoothie King Starbucks and a bunch of other food places in close proximity.

I wondered why the parking lot looked the same for the Homewood Suites by Hilton. They actually share the same parking lot. 1/2 of the property is Homewood Suites and the other half is Hilton Garden Inn.

The only negative being that the heat and at times the mini fridge were a little loud but nothing unbearable. I probably only noticed or paid attention to it because of the reviews I read prior to visiting the property. Great stay overall!

I loved the free WiFi.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear ndennifer,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg for your recent trip to the area. I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to provide honest and detailed feedback on your stay. It is the comments, emails, and responses our guests provide that allow us to continuously improve, as well as know what we are doing well which is helping us accomplish our goal of exceeding expecatations for each of our valued guests.

Please allow me to invite you to stay with us again, if you are ever in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area. Thank you again for your time and feedback, and have a safe and happy holiday season!

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011 via mobile

Impeccable experience for just one night. I was tempted to alter my travel plans to stay and relax but, unfortunately, did not have the time.

• Stayed November 2011
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Dear DGG1,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I was very pleased to see we were able to exceed your expectations on your short time with us. I would like to invite you back anytime you are in the local area, as it would be our pleasure to serve you and be your home away from home in the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Columbus OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed for a weekend in October. We were driving to Washington and wanted to avoid the downtown. This hotel is just off 270 to easy to reach. They have a shuttle to take you to and from the Shady Grove Metro stop. From there it was 40 mins into the Smithsonian metro stop. The shuttle was very convenient and the drivers were courteous. The hotel was quiet, the room was clean and spacious. Breakfast is not included but we took granola bars and snacks. I appreciated the free WiFi and wired connection in the room and brought my netbook. The staff were helpful and friendly. If you are looking for a place to stay in the suburbs, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Our room faced the main road but was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear ohiowonderer,

I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville, on your recent weekend excursion to the Washington, D.C. area. We take great pride in ensuring each of our guests have the best experience possible while visiting our properties, and we are glad to hear your stay with us was enjoyable, and accomodating. Please keep us in mind for future trips to the area, as it was our pleasure to serve you.

Thank you again for your business, and feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Lewiston, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Room was quiet and clean. Check in and check out were quick and easy. Disappointed that it cost $12 for breakfast- no complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear dnlthibault,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg on your recent trip to the area. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I was pleased to see to see you were satisfied with your arrival and departure experience, and that the cleanliness of our guestrooms exceeded your expectations. I do apologize for your dissapointment due to the fact there is a charge for Hilton Garden Inn breakfast selections, though I would recommend trying our Homewood Suites property adjacent to the Hilton Garden Inn which includes a complimentary full hot buffet breakfast on your next trip to the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Thank you again for your valued feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Michael Anderson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!