“Loved it...great place to stay for sure.” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Delaware
“Loved it...great place to stay for sure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

From the minute I arrived until the minute I left I enjoyed it all. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff are super friendly and helpful. I can't say enough good things about it. I was in town for a Class Reunion. After I checked into my room the phone rang in my room and it was the front desk clerk asking if I found all of my accomodations acceptable...now that's service. The bed can be adjusted to your comfort level too! Great location near the 270 Interstate and resturants and, well just about everything. Room rate was fair and competitive. Safe location also. Good job Hilton...I am a fan.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear buchanan913,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg, and we appreciate your feedback. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location and comfortable beds, and it is always our goal to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable environment and excellent service. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Michael Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is my 3rd stay in this property. Clean rooms. Perfect pitch to be away from home. Front desk employees are friendly enough to let you feel at home. Special thank you to Mike.
Breakfast area and quality is commandable.......you will love it.
Transport to Metro is an added feature. Use it.

Room Tip: All rooms wherever I stayed are excellent..........
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear episcan,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and recognition of our Front Desk Team. It is always our commitment to make our guests feel at home and to provide a clean, comfortable guestroom. We are delighted that you enjoy breakfast in our restaurant and complimentary transportation to the Metro. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg soon.

new york city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed here with my wife for 10 days. The hotel is very nice and new. super clean but basic hotel. I mean for what we paid (about 100 a night) we were amazed at how great a value it was. Coffee/tea, fruit, newspaper, cookies free down in the lobby daily. Microwave and flat screen in room. Free wifi/Internet (although pathetically slow). Gym downstairs doesn't have a ton if equipment but I go to the gym pretty regularly and still was able get everything I needed done :) pool too, although small.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear danwelch99,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I'm very glad to hear that you were amazed at the value that our property provides and that you enjoyed many of the amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stone Mountain, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville for three nights (7/20/11-7/23/11). At the onset of our stay, we were dismayed to find out that we had been placed in a room with on roll-in shower. As we travel with our daughter who is in a wheelchair, this was unacceptable. Even though there were handicap rails in the bathroom, there was no roll-in shower. After calling the front desk for assistance with getting a different room, we were told that there were none and that we should call the next day.

The next day came only to bring about the same response. That was not good enough because we had booked and confirmed an accessible room. Because we could not get this resolved with the hotel directly, we called corporate guest relations and was able to escalate our issue. Within 24 hours, we were changed to a suite that had a roll-in shower. Even though it only had a king bed, there was a sofa bed that was in the living room which we were able to use. Our problem was solved at least through checkout on the 23rd. Unfortunately, our next stay that day at the SpringHill Suites in Fair Oaks, VA, was not as pleasant (see that review if interested in that hotel). Overall, would definitely recommend this hotel.

Many times we travel with our daughter we encounter problems with our rooms, the good part is that some hotels help and others do not. Thanks to Iman Roberson in guest relations we had a wonderful time after all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear tishnflight,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. I apologize that we were unable to provide you with the room that you reserved for the first night of your reservation, but I'm glad that we could accommodate your family in our accessible suite with a roll-in shower for the remainder of your stay. We certainly appreciate your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming back you and your family the next time you are visiting the Rockville area.

Smyrna, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Very nice and relatively new hotel. Free coffee in the lobby and microwave and minifridge in the room. The only thing is I guess I did not pay attention that there is no tub in the bathroom in the hotel when I booked it. My 23 month old son does not like showering.

Another thing is when I booked the hotel, I googled and booked under MVP rates which is slightly better than the family and friends rate in a nearby crowne plaza hotel. The front desk lady would not let me use that rate and I ended up using AAA rate which is quite a bit higher. If I knew beforehand, I would probably have stayed in the crowne plaza hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear callmegt,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg, and I'm glad that you enjoyed a few of the many amenities our hotel has to offer. I apologize that we were unable to honor the MVP rate, but we do require credentials for certain discounted rate programs. Also, I certainly understand that your 23 month old son would not like showering. Please let us know the next time you are visiting the Rockville area, as we do offer guestrooms with tubs, and we would certainly like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the HGI Rockville in June 2011 for the US Open. The hotel was totally sold out but you wouldn't know it - the staff did a great job of accomodating everyone. I stay at a lot of HGIs and I was impressed that this one was tied to a Homewood so guests could have an option of either, but I'm guessing some amenities like a pool and gym were shared. Both lobbies were distinctive and comfortable, really modern updates. Parking was ample for both hotels. The room was really comfortable and like earlier reviewers, I agree that the beds here are superb.

The breakfast buffet was great - they had made to order options for omelets and waffles, and really good service despite how busy they were. We did not try the gym or business center facilities so I cannot provide feedback on them. This hotel was a good choice for us in Metro DC since the Open was north of the city- we are former residents of DC but had never stayed at a hotel in the Rockville area before. There is easy access to shopping and dining and to freeways as well.

Highly recommend this for business travelers but despite the nearby Metro station(s), this would be too far outside of the city for tourists in the DC area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2011
Dear elh76,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. It is always our commitment to deliver excellent service to each of our guests. We are delighted that you enjoyed our restaurant and found our guestrooms to be comfortable. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed at this fine hotel in the middle of May, 2011. The hotel is very clean, nicely staffed and well kept. The only problem we had wasnt even really the hotels problem, well... The day after checkout I realized I had left some property behind, a small travel bag of medication. I promptly alerted the hotel staff as to what was left and where it was left in the room (nightstand drawer). I got a call back several days later from them stating they had not found my property in the room. A few days later I also realized, when unpacking the bag I had taken that night of my stay, that my digital camera was also not in my possession. I do remember taking it out of my bag at the same time I took the med bag out and putting it in the same drawer. On checkout it was my fault I didnt check all the drawers but I usually dont use the provided furniture in any hotel when I am only staying one night. This time I had used the nightstand drawer only. You would think housekeeping would check all drawers before the room is rented to another person so whether they did do this or not I am not sure. All I do know is I was informed that my medication and camera were not in the room when I called about them. Everything else about the room, the hotel and my stay was excellent though and I will recommend this hotel but they should maybe check their staff a little better.

Room Tip: Best rates on Saturday nights.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Dear JeffreyRupp,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg. We're sorry to hear about your lost property. We strive to ensure that any items our guests leave behind are recovered and returned promptly. I'm glad that you enjoyed our hotel and had an excellent stay, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Rockville-Gaithersburg area.

Marco Fuentes

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!