“Superb Lunch Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Lodi, California
“Superb Lunch Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

True chefs and very accomodating to small changes in entrees. All of our meals were outstanding. Just off a very busy Rockville Pike but set back enough so that traffic noises were minimal. Parking can be a little tough if full and this place seems to be full all of the time so reservations are strongly encouraged. The only negative are some of the snotty customers who frequent the place and frankly treat some of the waitstaff like third-class citizens. It's a shame to see that in supposedly global Montgomery County. This is not a good place for children at all espcially the brats who were with the snoots we had to experience.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Potomac, Maryland
“Unique, overpriced dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Little restaurant tucked back in what looks like a home off Rockville Pike, could be easy to miss. The atmosphere is cozy and probably not well suited to crowds. More formal dining that the outside of the building would suggest, with more formal prices. Unique dishes, medium quality, a bit overpriced. You probably will want to try it once but not necessarily become a regular diner.

Visited April 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Great food, so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Visited Addie's today very excited from the reviews and pictures on YELP. They have a great menu that changes daily apparently. The food IS good. But the experience was partly ruined by an indifferent attitude from the bus boys and an antagonistic waitress. I had the stone ground grits with shrimp and ham. Strange, but it tasted great even though I didn't eat the ham. My date had the salmon which looked great and was incredibly crispy on the outside but tender inside. Had the bus boys cared that customers actually came into the restaurant and the server been in such a bad mood toward us, this establishment would have lived up to the good reviews. Maybe it will on another day. Today? 3 stars is the best it deserves.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Good food, cozy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were there for lunch on a Living Social deal. The place has a cozy to cramped feel and when it's full it can be noisy. We arrived a little before the lunch crowd and it wasn't that crowded; it soon filled and the cozy felt a little less so. Nice colors on the walls and an overall relaxed feel. The wait staff is friendly, breezy and efficient.

I had a mixed green salad to start and the champagne vinaigrette dressing was excellent. It was very simple and very fresh. My wife had the risotto of the day which she proclaimed delicious; I had a Cuban sandwich which was excellent with a terrific bread (nice crunchy crust) that really held up to the pork, Benton ham and mustard and ale cheese. Excellent french fries finished the plate off nicely. We decided on a Boca Negra dessert which was a chocolate lovers delight, very chocolaty and creamy smooth cake.

Wine is expensive, but the starters, sandwiches and entrees were reasonable and excellent value when you factor in the quality. Get there early or late for lunch as I think the converted house atmosphere is more enjoyable when not packed. As usual for a Black's Group place, the food is consistently excellent and the wait staff attentive and can fully describe the menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Small but Sweet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My first impression upon entering the restaurant was that it was very cramped and small…there were a bunch of tables crammed into a tiny room, and we were sat at a table very close to another couple. It just irks me when I’m sitting so close to another table and can hear their conversation. Sigh...Fine. First we scanned the drink menu – most glasses of wine were expensive (over $10) so we passed.

The waitress came by our table and quickly took our order and dropped off a basket of bread and butter. I tried a piece of bread that was the texture of cornbread with dried fruits and nuts and oh so delicious. I even had to have a second piece.

We ordered the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella as an appetizer to share. WOW it was good. A generous portion of prosciutto was wrapped around a large chunk of mozzarella, on top of a crostini and some greens and balsamic. It was really flavorful and the perfect portion size to ease us into the rest of the meal.

I ordered the squash and blue cheese ravioli for my main course. That was amazing too. It had walnuts, crispy brussel sprouts and butternut squash puree. I tried to save a couple raviolis to keep as leftovers but I ended up cleaning off my entire plate. My boyfriend ordered the ½ roast chicken and he enjoyed that too. We didn’t have room for dessert, but I’m sure that would have been great too.

Our waitress was very attentive and was walking through the room constantly to check on all the tables. We used our livingsocial deal after it expired and she still honored the promotional value. Overall: a little on the pricey side, but the food is definitely worth it – you get what you pay for.

• 5 of 5 stars Food