“Good Italian food in Rockville” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fontina Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 346 Restaurants in Rockville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Potomac, Maryland, USA
“Good Italian food in Rockville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

this restaurant is a little gem tucked away in the King farm area of Rockville, Maryland. The food is excellent, the portions generous and the prices are very reasonable. The service is very attentive.

Visited October 2013

York, Pennsylvania
“Best food EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Happy hr from 4-7 w $5 apps included. $13.99 got us a soda, salad(w homemade dressing) our meal w good portion, n small dessert. Both of our meals were cooked to perfection n the free bread w dipping sauce was amazing. Beer is cold, the mixed drink was good n waitress was knowledgable. Salmon w pasta was best meal i ever had n my boyfriend had chicken marsala. I had many there tell me pizza is a fave there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Fontina Grille is in the Kings Farm development so a very nice, new, planned community setting just off 355/Rockville Pike. It offers a lovely outdoor dining area, quite a large bar scene and a rather casual dining area. There was a wide range of entrees - from pizza to pasta to meat/seafood. I had the salmon after reading some of the reviews and asking our server for a recommendation. The salmon was top notch and had kind of a crispiness on the outside which I liked. It was served on a spaghetti, spinach, chopped tomato combo - the spaghetti was so-so with a colorless sauce of some kind - not much flavor but the vegetables were tasty. This comes with either a house or Caesar salad; I got the house salad but thought the Caesar looked like a better option. My husband liked his pasta Bolognese very well. Prices were decent and our service was excellent (unlike other reviews I saw!). We were seated without a wait at 7 p.m. on a weekday.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

It had been over a year we dined at fontina. Must admit..pleasantly surprised. We asked for outside seating on a pleasant August evening. Nestled in the king farm urban community the ambiance was pleasant. Service was perfect. We selected the portobello and the calamari apps.they were the size of entrees. Calamari ceciliano.. cooked in a light sauce with Italian sausage, not your typical fried..the portobellos were a very pleasant stir fry with a nice array of flavors. Our entrees ..Rockish crusted with pistachios..tons of fresh lightly steamed veggies, ..seared tuna salad..perfectly done tuna, nice salad but soy dressing a bit on the salty side .
A nice selection of drinks and wines..the bar was busy ..nice to see a local happening place with healthy,tasty selections.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
germantown, md
“Mixed Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife ordered the sea bass, and it was cooked and presented perfectly. She loved it. Others at our table were also very satisfied with their food. Service was competent if slightly disinterested and, for an evening when there weren't too many customers, it dd seem to take a bit long for the food to be delivered. Personally, I have no problem with that, but others may have an issue. My own problem was with the cioppino. I love a good cioppino and order it any time I see it on the menu. This dish was not cioppiino. It was a seafood pasta dish with a marinara sauce. Cioppino is not a pasta dish. It is a classic Italian fish stew. And it has a distinct cioppino sauce; not marinara. To complicate matters, the menu description does not indicate that it is served over linguine, while other seafood dishes (like fra diavolo) list linguine. Very disappointing. If it were advertised as a seafood pasta dish it would be acceptable. But I wouldn't have ordered it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere